ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early on, I read something about a guy dressed all in black on a bicycle. Has any more come of that?

I only ask because it rang a bell for me. The reason I found Websleuths was because I was desperately trying to find answers to a local rural murder -- that of Lori Heimer--who was killed by stabbing/slashing/dismembering. No one ever caught her killer but I and others reported a man dressed all in black on the highway that runs by both of our homes. It was the creepiest thing, and then Lori was found by her daughter, which was heartbreaking.

Anyway, guys dressed all in black just somehow seem suspicious.

My comment is in regards to the male at the food truck who has been called ‘creepy’ and ‘watching them.’ When i watched the longer video, not the 1 minute cnn version, he did not look creepy at all. Yes, he did appear to be watching them and waiting for them, but in my opinion, it did not look secretive or creepy. Rather, it looked purposeful and like he was supposed to be watching them and waiting for them. My theory watching it is that somewhere before arriving at food truck, he had been talked into or assigned to walking or driving them home. The girls are clearly very intoxicated, and he is not. Maybe he was a fraternity Designated or assigned to that duty, maybe he is a friend’s little brother, maybe the girls thought he was nice and asked him to drive them.
Then, it starts to turn into more than he bargained for, when they want to stop for food, which ends up taking a long time in the cold, and the girls seemingly forget he is there. He looks bored and ready to go, but he not not appear to be hiding in the shadows. it is awkward for him at first because here are these beautiful girls who he is supposed to help, but they are not friends, they are not dating, and they have forgotten he is there, but they still need his help. So he waits. Eventually he comes over and openly talks to others. It looks likely that he said to the other guy ‘yeah, they asked me to bring them here…’ Then the girls, in their drunk state, decide to do a very BFF girl thing, which is to just run off together and ditch everyone. Hence, he gestures with his hand and says something like “they asked me to bring them here, now they run off and leave me. oh well.“ Basically, he shrugs, ”well, I tried. Guess I can go home now” and walks off.
Maybe because I am the mother of three young men, I feel the need to point this out- taken from that perspective, he looks like he may have just been a truly nice guy who happened to have had an interaction with them before they left and were tragically murdered by someone else.
I watched the food truck footage in its entirety in the beginning, and Hoodie Guy’s actions didn’t seem weird to me. Everyone there knows they are live-streamed. It just seemed like a microcosm of late night drunken college life. I was on a cruise once that streamed the evening deck party and I fell asleep watching it every night. I’d catch a glimpse of friends on it and text them some nights. It’s like people watching in a bar, and I didn’t feel he was untoward them in any way.

Everyone seems to have settled on K being the target. I have no opinion on that other than what it might say about us. I imagine that LE, who says it was targeted, may have evidence that points to a particular victim being the focus of the killer. My thoughts change all the time, and there is nothing released yet that provides enough detail for me to settle on a theory.

There doesn't seem to be any major concerns for the two ladies when they are at the food truck, laughing, taking photos/videos etc. Dash Cam footage from their lift probably captured the victims entering the home. Both MM and KG were awake and together at the time of the phone calls, no indication yet if the others had retired to bed first. There was most likely 6 phones in the house and the only information revealed from these so far, was via the victims family. There is still a lot of information not yet known to the public that could completely change the picture.

uhm, so am i the only one noticing that the person with the dog looks nothing like JD?
I see it too and also that the person in the NYPost video you attached looks like the person with the group in the grubtruck twitch video. Maybe a mutual friend and the NYPost got it wrong id-ing him as JD.

I think the perpetrator knew the layout of the home. He went in and out very quickly in a rage,mission accomplished and disappeared into the night. Stealthy and quick. He knew what he was doing-premeditated.

<snip>
Everyone seems to have settled on K being the target.<snip>
I would suggest to you that there's a fair percentage of us that still believe that there was not one single victim and this was either profile-based or just primal rage/need-based. Personally, I am of the opinion that someone was going to die that night and became victims of opportunity and/or convenience. Nobody stands out to me as particularly living the type of lifestyle that would invite danger into their lives. And I also believe that people want this to be targeted toward someone's actions because then it somehow makes sense while the other alternative theories are too horrifying to consider.

As always, MOO.

I would suggest to you that there's a fair percentage of us that still believe that there was not one single victim and this was either profile-based or just primal rage/need-based. Personally, I am of the opinion that someone was going to die that night and became victims of opportunity and/or convenience. Nobody stands out to me as particularly living the type of lifestyle that would invite danger into their lives. And I also believe that people want this to be targeted toward someone's actions because then it somehow makes sense while the other alternative theories are too horrifying to consider.

As always, MOO.
I hope so! I think we limit where our minds take us if we just focus on one reason or one particular target.

The presence of two killers could help explain this part though if one person attacked each room
We don't know exactly where everyone was sleeping unfortunately but we can relatively safely assume the couple were sleeping together but other have speculated whether the two girls were also sharing a bed due to one about to move out (possible her furniture was packed away) and also due to the unanswered phone calls made on each other's phone, to the same person. Two killers going into each rooms at the same time, each targeting one person could explain how it was pulled off without a chance of one being stabbed first without the other screaming.

I feel like it was someone semi random . Some creepy guy who watched them for a little . Someone who was going to kill somebody just to kill and started to watch and target them . Planned it out almost like a game to them . Could be totally wrong obviously, but with the lack of sexual assault and over 100 interviews done with still no arrests makes me think this . Now if I had more information , like if one victim was brutalized much more then the others etc then maybe I would change my mind .
I feel the semi random vibe too.

So, maybe someone already brought this up -- haven't read through all the threads. But, just wondering, how did the murderer get back home?

He would have been covered with blood spatter. Even though it was really early in the morning, it would be risky to just walk down the street covered with gore. If he had a car, he would have gotten blood in the car.
I'm thinking it was someone who lived nearby, who could get back home maybe through the woods behind the house.

And someone who lived alone (or maybe was a hunter; which is a good possibility given the knife) -- otherwise, how would he explain his bloodsoaked jacket, pants, and shoes? And what did he do with those items?

As always, MOO.
I am in the group of "need based". However, I do think in that, it was well thought out and deliberate and not opportunistic IMO.

I keep thinking total creeper... I wonder if someone had access to the house more than once when no one was home, and finally decided to visit when they were.... I can totally see someone feeding an obsession by going in and "being there" when no one was home. MOO

Perp possibly had an accomplice who kept an eye on the house on lookout while he was inside, may be it started out as a plan to scare the victims, but then turned deadly.

So, maybe someone already brought this up -- haven't read through all the threads. But, just wondering, how did the murderer get back home?

He would have been covered with blood spatter. Even though it was really early in the morning, it would be risky to just walk down the street covered with gore. If he had a car, he would have gotten blood in the car.
I'm thinking it was someone who lived nearby, who could get back home maybe through the woods behind the house.

And someone who lived alone (or maybe was a hunter; which is a good possibility given the knife) -- otherwise, how would he explain his bloodsoaked jacket, pants, and shoes? And what did he do with those items?

Although it's likely he did have some blood splatter on his clothes he may not have been drenched in blood, the masses of blood described at the scene would have flowed out the hours after the crime. It's likely they were wearing a dark colour which may have made the blood very hard to see. My guess is the perp left the immediate vicinity on foot and is familiar with the area.

He stewed and stewed and stewed. He didn’t tell anyone that he was going to do this either that’s why LE is having a hard time finding him
Yes. I am guessing a "loner type". No friends. A job where he has limited contact with people. Incel. I am going to hazard a guess that he came in contact, peripherally maybe..was brushed off. Probably got angry, and thought she was gone, then, boom, here she is...time to act.

I wish we knew how long the killer remained in the house. How much time did he spend with the victims? One more time than the others? Was one showing signs of an overkill?

I don't quite know where to begin to sniff out clues since I don't haunt FB and never had an IG acct.

Did the killer have a familiarity with the knife via hunting or hunting clubs? Racks from deer hanging in the garage? One need not be an expert handling a knife but this killing seems extremely efficient.

He's slicing/stabbing vital organs and vessels that will spurt out blood. How did he stab to death four people without cutting himself, esp when self defense moves were made? Has an ER had a patient seeking stitches? I hope he's cut real bad.

I vote premed, too. This was planned. Nobody becomes a first time killer and enters a home filled with at least six other folks. Am I right? What made this person feel so confident in successfully fulfilling his goal? He caught the 4 victims off guard, to be sure. Coward! He stabs women and men to death while they're slumbering. He must be found!
I am having such a hard time believing one person did all of this lately! You stab someone multiple times while sleeping - if another is in the room they will wake up! Then you have someone fighting for their life that you have to control with the others in the house ( including other two victims) and risking another victim shouting “Siri call 911” and or causing the perp to end up cutting themselves and other people not waking up and investigating what was happening?! This is the reason I feel they knew them! There is too much unknown information for someone unfamiliar with their habits to have pulled this off. But then I remember Bundy and Speck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member