ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idaho Police Ask for Public’s Help After Tips That 1 of the 4 Students Murdered Had a Stalker​

In an update on Nov. 22, police said investigators have "looked extensively into information they received about Kaylee Goncalves having a stalker" and pursued hundreds of tips, but they "have not been able to verify or identify a stalker."

Police are asking the public for tips regarding the potential stalker, as well as in the general case.

Idaho Police Ask for Public’s Help After Tips That 1 of the 4 Students Murdered Had a Stalker
Kaylee having a stalker has been the rumblings around the web since early on. It always rang true to me and makes the most sense. I would bet my right arm it has nothing to do with her boyfriend and it’s this local stalker.

Please read the first comment after this article from the Washington Post.

I just read a Fox News article, I haven’t gone back yet but I’m sure it’s been posted already. You guys are always on top of that. But every time I read any crime articles I think of everybody here because whatever is being said by the experts now has already been discussed at WS usually a week prior. This fox article was especially like that. You guys are great source of knowledge. I learn more here at WS than anywhere tbh.

•He was a person who had knife skills (it turns out he worked in a number of restaurants as a chef, and had made at least one gambit to own a restaurant. I thought of this when I saw a few posts speculating about a spurned customer from the restaurant… what about a spurned guy from the kitchen?)
An experience in chopping veggies and filleting fish is not very useful in killing people. Same goes for hunters, by the way, they know how to skin and dress dead game, not how to kill living humans.

Also, it looks like he ambushed his victims when they slept. That does not require any particular knife skills. We do not know how precise were the wounds (was he aiming at vital organs or just stabbing in frenzy?), so it's hard to tell anything about his knife skills.

And no, killing four sleeping people does not require any knife skills. The perpetrator stabbed their upper torsos, what means basically that even if he missed the heart with his first hit, there are high, very high chances he would pierce a lung or slash a major artery. That would render the victims practically helpless, maybe able to wave their hands a bit but not much more. Mind you, we do not know how extensive the defence wounds on the victims were.

I think the killer snuck in to kill one of the girls upstairs, but they were both sleeping in the same bed. So he had to kill both. The sound awakened Ethan.Then on his way out he ran into Ethan; so he killed them both too.

This is the theory most strongly set in my head as well.

Some people have eluded to the amount of damage on each victim being important, and I fully agree. Once details emerge about who had the most severe wounds, we'll most likely know who the target was and who the collateral damages were. I don't believe that this was a case where one person wanted to kill 4 souls. A set target with collateral just makes sense to me.

To me, it seems like a lot of emphasis is on K, and I'd agree. I'm not a fan of coincidence, so the fact that this happened the night she was back to visit is big for me. Someone sanity check me on this, but I didn't think K lived there (or not at that time).

On a sidenote: Being a lurker and recent poster on WS, I'll admit, all the rules (although simple) kind of annoyed me at first. HOWEVER.......after seeing some of the other forums and FB pages on various cases (including this one)....Holy crap....thank god for the rules. Appreciate the mods keeping things on track here and not letting this turn into garbage like many others I've seen.

I’m torn between 2 individuals, one as the ex. The other, is someone who has been cleared so won’t mention due to respect for the mods and this board.
Various news articles state that "In stabbing cases, perpetrators often injure themselves, said Joseph Giacolone, an adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and a retired NYPD sergeant.

"If you're stabbing and hit the bone, the knife kicks back, and your hand gets sliced," he said."

To me, that would exclude anyone that police have already talked with - the LE would certainly have asked to see their hands, and arms.

JMO

Is anyone familiar with how the students gain access to the house, is there a key/code/card? Sorry if it's been discussed before but the threads have moved very fast.
The front door would have a 4 or 5 digit pin to enter that will unlock it, They would all most likely have a key for the kitchen sliding door.

I did some sleuthing on this property so i would hope that lock pin number would get changed also that they would change all house locks for new tenants...it would be crazy not to. I was shocked to see how much tenant history you can find on properties available online (that's not a thing in Australia).

Who Lives at 1122 King Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 | Spokeo <Property history. This is just one page but you will find a few.

Also to enter some up the apartments close by they have pretty strict security like.... For security reasons, the outside doors to the apartment buildings will be locked 24 hours a day. Student ID cards and a computer controlled access system will be used to unlock these doors. There is also a system for visitors.

It’s scary how guys think they know you or get the wrong idea and get upset . I had a guy on Snapchat that would write me compliments all the time . Most times I wouldn’t respond and sometimes I’d just respond a :) to be nice bc I didn’t want to be rude . I have never met this guy and barely talked to him at all . He randomly wrote me and asked me if I loved him like he does me , started to tell me that he wanted to marry me etc. I opened it and didn’t respond and he started writing to me that I’m a dumb biiitch and lots of scary angry things . I immediately deleted him but I’m just telling this as an example of how guys can get crazy and delusional and angry like that . It’s scary and it could have happened to one of them in some way . A customer for example or any delusional lonely guy .
I can't strongly recommend enough the book, "The Gift of Fear'. (I linked to the wikipedia because I have zero connection to the book, am not shilling for it.) But the theory that there are clear signs of something wrong/dangerous, pre-incident indicators, is something everyone should learn. I learned a long time ago to not worry about "being rude". When my radar goes off, I am not getting in the elevator, you aren't coming into my house and I feel no pressure to respond to a DM. Trust your instinct, it won't ever let you down. IMO/MOO.

But if you were thinking that these are just your damn drunk friends again and not immediately think that it is a loose murderer (and maybe you live there and your bf is semi-visiting)... then would you? Because to me that would seem super rude to send him to tell them off. I would just go myself like girls pleeease stop the dancing.
Maybe
Kaylee having a stalker has been the rumblings around the web since early on. It always rang true to me and makes the most sense. I would bet my right arm it has nothing to do with her boyfriend and it’s this local stalker.

Please read the first comment after this article from the Washington Post.

I’m not able to see any comments.

Looks like they would take pictures on different floors interchangeably perhaps one of the girls had already locked the door and gone out but someone else decided they wanted to get a picture on that floor/balcony and left it unlocked? Either someone came in then or later when they got home as they already thought it was locked didn’t bother to check

With that many people living in the house, someone was bound to leave the door unlocked occasionally, I'd guess.

I keep thinking about the two surviving housemates and the only thing I can think is that the killer was either injured, perhaps cut, or he wore himself out killing the first four and just left at that point. I think--JMOO--his plan was to kill all of them.

Obviously a very sick individual, and I'm leaning toward a male who was obsessed with one or more of the pretty girls in the house but was either rejected by one or couldn't bear to see Ethan with one.

I'd guess he knew them--or at least had approached them at some point.

What is everyone’s best current theory as of now?
Really good theories discussed here.

I think the following 4 things make this case unusual and would need to be accounted for in a theory. (There are likely other factors but these 4 stood out to me).

1. The amount of physical exertion required to kill the first 2 people with a knife with repeated stabbing, hold onto the knife despite the extensive amount of blood, and then go and do it again with 2 more people.
[[ I think for the average person this is really over the top and stand by the idea that if this is one person he is fairly strong physically. The presence of two killers could help explain this part though if one person attacked each room .]]

2. The very disturbing psychology needed to do #1. Predatory. Callous. Determined. Narcissistic. Accustomed to the thought and act of violence.
[[ This really narrows down the % of people who could do this. Many people are killed by their significant other (sadly) but it is not in a typical person's psychology to kill 4 people especially with a knife which requires a lot of up close physical contact. If one girl rejected him (for example) and he killed 4 people as a result he is deeply narcissistic ]]

3. Doing all this without waking the roommates downstairs, without being clearly identified after the fact
[[ this to me speaks to a predatory nature. I think it's someone who would also hunt. Someone who enjoys plotting and watching. Who would plan all of this out, think ahead, be able to be fairly quiet. Comfortable using what is likely a hunting knife. ]]]

4. The fact that no one (to our knowledge) has come forward
[[ this one is also disturbing. Almost everyone is a part of a social circle even peripherally. Even the Unabomber was turned in by his brother. The longer this goes the smaller I think this person's circle would be and the more likely he is isolated. If not he would have reintegrated into daily life and not give himself away which is actually pretty hard. Most people would notice someone gone at 4am or see something suspicious in their behavior in the days after. Otherwise he would have to be someone who could disappear and not be missed. In many cases its the social circle of this person however peripheral who may be the key. ]]]

These 4 things are unusual, different from the Dateline episode type killing of a person by their significant other. I really don't believe that an average college student would have all 4 of these things covered. The amount of blood, the psychological horror of it, the physicality of it, the potential for adrenaline to lead to mistakes, the reintegration into their social circle could all lead to being caught.

All that being said I'm going with male older than college age , hunter, single, estranged from people. He either could disappear and no one would notice or people in his life already think he is odd so wouldn't pick up on additionally odd behavior.

I also don't think targeted means there isn't a threat to the community. He could easily have targeted one or more of the 4 and yet still be a danger if he decides to target someone else. A frightening question is after doing this will he want to do it again? Unfortunately I think it's likely. It's unlikely that a person would do something this extreme and then just walk away.

Basically it’s a very detailed version of the Kaylee stalker problem.
ETA this is answering to everyone who can’t read comments.

An experience in chopping veggies and filleting fish is not very useful in killing people. Same goes for hunters, by the way, they know how to skin and dress dead game, not how to kill living humans.

Also, it looks like he ambushed his victims when they slept. That does not require any particular knife skills. We do not know how precise were the wounds (was he aiming at vital organs or just stabbing in frenzy?), so it's hard to tell anything about his knife skills.
It does help in knowing how to handle a slippery knife.

If the killer wasn't familiar with the house, it's possible that they didn't know anyone lived in what appears as a walk out basement.
And if they were hiding in the trees behind the house, they would not see who entered the house from the parking area. They would only see people through windows. I’m leading to believe the perp thought the stairs leading down went to the exterior door and possibly laundry area.

It's so weird that the NYT (and other MSM) is reporting that K's ex bf is cleared, but he is not listed as someone who has been ruled out on the Moscow PD's website. The conflicting information is interesting (frustrating?) - I wonder if NYT is going off of K's family's thoughts about him as a suspect? Hopefully the discrepancy is cleared up in today's press conference.

I still am leaning towards an unknown suspect who was unfamiliar with the layout of the home. IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member