ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI BAU was called in almost immediately. That means the crime scene was bizarre/unorthodox enough to warrant a psychological profile of the killer. That doesn't happen with an obviously impulsive outward display of rage and/or a scorned ex, but rather when something is on scene that suggests a pathology/methodology. For example, there could have been posing of victims, messages on the walls, etc. Likewise, they will dispatch if it fits a kill pattern that they already have on their radar, even if across the country. As someone mentioned, Rollings operated in multiple states, as do many serial killers.

My opinion.

Ok, after listening to Courttv I think E and X were behind a locked door and when roommates knocked and could not wake them up they called friends, and a friend called for a health check. That is why they did not see blood, etc.

And that means perp changed clothes or cleaned up after murders.

I just wished FBI had tried to track the blood with DOGS when the perp left the home.

All my opinion.

Former FBI agent discusses key evidence in University of Idaho student killings..cbs news​

Last edited:
I think a vehicle was involved at some point, probably parked up on a nearby street.
My thinking is the perp has long left Idaho and probably gone over the border to Washington State.
Could've came from Washington as well. People should be aware if anyone takes a "sudden trip out of town" or "suddenly quit job" in recent while if someone who lives close by or great surrounding area. For someone to up and go after this, I would hope someone would notice a change in habits.

Flip side is someone local who will stick around and watch media blitz and partake in a memorial, etc.

I am a new reader and find the case disturbing. Just some facts I collected from news.

#1. the two girls on the first floor only survived because they locked their doors. The killer could easily enter the first floor by the stairs. And he might have tried this but found locked doors. The girls on the first floor came home earlier than the dead friends which in turn might not have locked the slider door or their own bedroom doors.

#2. The crime scene was a mess according to LE with a lot of evidence that is being processed. The killers shoe marks and DNA will be found on the victims.

<modsnip>

I’d like to add the following regarding your home safety. When you are selling your home, there is no need to post photos every room of your home (children’s bedrooms, your bedroom). People will look at home listings to plan crimes. The killer(s) could have very well found the rental listing online and mapped their route in and out of the home. Even if they’d been in it before, they could have still used this resource as a way to make them feel more secure in their endeavors.
On another note, it may be possible that the perp was let in the house by any of the residents. Maybe it was someone they knew. Maybe they let them in, the person said they just needed to sleep on the couch, etc. Hence, no breaking and entering needed. Im not ready to rule anything out yet.

I think that copper just gave something away at the press conference. When he was asked about the students who were in the house but survived he said “Yes there were other people there but we are looking at everyone”. Nobody had suggested up until that point that the one or both of the survivors were suspects.

So I think it’s the surviving room mates under suspicion.

That would also explain the contradictory messaging about whether the public should be alert or not.
They have been cleared.

I think that copper just gave something away at the press conference. When he was asked about the students who were in the house but survived he said “Yes there were other people there but we are looking at everyone”. Nobody had suggested up until that point that the one or both of the survivors were suspects.

That would also explain the contradictory messaging about whether the public should be alert or not.
They specifically cleared the surviving roommates last PC. How I do not know, considering they were there. But there you have it. Must mean they have some pretty clear evidence in there, and hopefully a POI.

Did the roommates typically leave any small lights on all night, i.e. night light in the commons area, or in the kitchen, hallways, etc. or even in their bedrooms? I have a very dim night light in each bedroom, bathroom, and the kitchen so I won't bump my shins if I get up in the middle of the night, or in case of an emergency. If even a small light was on it would facilitate the killer in finding his way around the house. JMO and speculation.

phone calls from M and K's phones were confirmed.
If that’s the case, does that mean the texts K’s family referenced to JD about the dog were from a different time?

Also saw on CNN interview this AM that K’s family seems to not think she had a stalker; her sister seems confident she would have told them/her if that was the case & she didn’t.

Wouldn’t be the first time someone didn’t tell their family something significant, of course.

Where are you watching? I'm waiting still lol, thought it didn't start yet?

Did the roommates typically leave any small lights on all night, i.e. night light in the commons area, or in the kitchen, hallways, etc. or even in their bedrooms? I have a very dim night light in each bedroom, bathroom, and the kitchen so I won't bump my shins if I get up in the middle of the night, or in case of an emergency. If even a small light was on it would facilitate the killer in finding his way around the house. JMO and speculation.
Yes. Many have speculated that there were fairy lights left on all night. Many young people leave these lights or dim them at night, but they still provide a lot of light even on the most dim setting. MOO. The question is, how did the perp know there would be enough light? Or maybe he/she/they didn't need any light at all because they knew the house so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper