ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The second photo makes me wonder if the Good Vibes LED sign was on when the murders took place (apologies if this has been discussed, trying to keep up!). It also makes me wonder if any other decorative lights were left on in the house, I know when I was younger and living with roommates, we usually left fairy lights/beer signs on at night. That would definitely help visibility if a stranger were walking through the house.
I've been thinking the same thing. I think most have been assuming that the house was dark and quiet. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Did anyone sleep with a tv or radio on? Were any lights left on?

This case confuses me. I have read repeatedly that the killer was unsophisticated, messy, etc…… yet there seems to be zero clues about who the killer actually is. I don’t get it. If they were so messy and careless, why is there no evidence leading to them?
yea.. it is clear that was wishful thinking. I think they have confused a grisly crime scene with a messy, disorganized one.

Didn't they say they would provide new information? Now that its moved on to University people, doubt we'll get anything else. I don't think I heard anything "new" other than stats on amount of "evidence" gathered
We did. They gave evidence amt detail and said male on phone w/ Maddie and Kaylee is not a suspect.

This case confuses me. I have read repeatedly that the killer was unsophisticated, messy, etc…… yet there seems to be zero clues about who the killer actually is. I don’t get it. If they were so messy and careless, why is there no evidence leading to them?
It was said in the last press conference but no real context was given. I believe the words used were to the effect of "...left a mess of evidence [behind]..." Since then the punditry has gone on with stories and expert opinions emphasizing a "sloppy" killer.

Maybe because the perp is someone who legitimately would have been in the house previously? So only a very specific type of forensic evidence would be any good? In that scenario, DNA being present would not be enough?

They must have a lot of innocent DNA to rule out, it being a student house, multiple occupiers, parties, visitors, tradesmen, cleaners….

Just thinking: I have seen cases where law enforcement will put out false information to try and draw out a killer. For example they may state they have information leading to a potential suspect and that they are getting closer to identifying a suspect. I have seen cases, though those were older cases where the police would enlist a newspaper reporter to put false information geared to drawing out the killer- letting the killer think they are closer to identifying that suspect than they are. When law enforcement comes out like they are now and indicating basically they are clueless, I think it gives the killer a whole lot of confidence.

How many parties did they have back at the house? Could it be a neighbour who was annoyed by the noise? Were there any complaints previously
"Heartbreaking videos emerge of Idaho murder victims dancing and joking in party house days before..."
"Party house: In other clips shared online by the girls before their deaths, their house is filled with other students."

Since last night, I begun checking MPD website for information updates.

Who is NOT believed to be involved?
  • Two surviving roommates,
  • Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
  • Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th, or
  • None of the individuals at the residence when 911 was called.
Who made the 911 phone call?

On the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call originated from inside the residence on one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones. Multiple people spoke with the 911 dispatcher before a Moscow Police Department officer arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found the four victims on the second and third floors.

What happened to the dog?

On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and later released to a responsible party.

Cited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members