ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Fox reporter is rather self-interested, thinks LE should spill all details to him so he can’t report something scintillating. Ugh.
Every single journalist in that room is self-interested. MOO. Their job is to ask as pressing as questions as they can. Police job is to reject questions they don't want to/can't answer.

I thought Fox News reporter did a good job of echoing the sentiments from the community.

Just thinking: I have seen cases where law enforcement will put out false information to try and draw out a killer. For example they may state they have information leading to a potential suspect and that they are getting closer to identifying a suspect. I have seen cases, though those were older cases where the police would enlist a newspaper reporter to put false information geared to drawing out the killer- letting the killer think they are closer to identifying that suspect than they are. When law enforcement comes out like they are now and indicating basically they are clueless, I think it gives the killer a whole lot of confidence.
This. Also, they may think one of the "cleared" individuals is the killer.

They say they're cleared, all the while they're building the case and keeping the suspect from lawyering up.

This allows them to talk to the suspect, who speaks (thinking they're smart) thus hanging themselves one way or another.

Ashley Soriona Fox -

Considering murder suicide?

Q has been asked but not at a press conference. We looked at it but it is not something we are looking at now.

Why did crime scene tape expand?
Not uncommon, logically as this progresses we have expanded even to neighborhoods. We have looked at everything we think we need to look at in and around the crime scene.

I wondered about that too. Probably standard procedure but like what would it show?

Maybe bloodstain pattern analysis? And running various scenarios to see what may fit?
A review of 3D scanners says that they are becoming more and more popular in police investigations - the cost has been prohibitive.

Uses of 3D scanners in law enforcement:
  • Crime scene documentation and reconstruction
  • Crash reconstruction
  • Collecting and digitizing evidence
  • Bloodstain pattern analysis
  • Running simulations for various crime scenarios
  • Bullet trajectory analysis
  • Creating virtual crime scenes for courtroom presentations
  • Forensic anthropology & odontology
  • Virtual autopsies
  • Arson investigation

Every single journalist in that room is self-interested. MOO. Their job is to ask as pressing as questions as they can. Police job is to reject questions they don't want to/can't answer.
While some in the national media have asked decent questions today, the era of gotcha journalism will always get you this type of reporter. Snarky, smarmy and self-interested.

This. Also, they may think one of the "cleared" individuals is the killer.

They say they're cleared, all the while they're building the case and keeping the suspect from lawyering up.

This allows them to talk to the suspect, who speaks (thinking they're smart) thus hanging themselves one way or another.
This...countless cases where LE say someone is 'cleared' or 'no reason to believe' etc. That person then goes to the funeral, helps in searches, was a spouse, loved by other family etc. Means nothing until the truth is revealed.

I have a completely new opinion after this presser. I can’t say what it is (TOS), but I feel more confident than I did before. I think they know what happened and are waiting for test results to prove it.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a connection to a stabbing in Salem Oregon?

We are looking at every avenue and we have other agencies reaching out to us as well.

Have bodies been released to families?

I believe they have been and one has had a funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member