ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1966 Richard Speck murdered 8 nurses in Chicago-- one nurse survived and testified against him. He forgot about her and she hid under the bed. All of these nurses were wide awake--- he tied them up and took each one out of the room they were in and took them into another room and did horrible things to them while the others listened. My point is that one person could overpower four people, especially if they were sleeping. Richard Speck did have a knife.
said it was either that type of psychopathic killing using him as an example, or something with jealousy, the only things I could see that would bring that kind of rage to young people that were just looking for fun.

This. Also, they may think one of the "cleared" individuals is the killer.

They say they're cleared, all the while they're building the case and keeping the suspect from lawyering up.

This allows them to talk to the suspect, who speaks (thinking they're smart) thus hanging themselves one way or another.

I just don't think they would do that in a school mass casualty type event. It'd be unacceptable for students to falsely believe they are safe around an individual if police knew they were actually possibly a threat. This is like a weird cross between a school shooting and a serial killer type event, and LE is probably adapting for that.

Have you ruled out that killer might be a female?

We are not going to let any stone go unturned.

Does the BAU have a working profile?

BAU is working diligently to do what they do. Will that be provided? I am sure it may be at the conclusion as this case comes together.

I read that the two surviving roommates heard what they thought was partying so they locked their doors. That seems weird to me but I’ve never had roommates. I think I would always sleep with my door locked if I did.
I do see mention on here of locked doors, but not which doors. Was it the rooms with the bodies?
Normal imo. When in school with roomies who party, often loud music or gaming gets left on cranked up all night.

I always locked my door in school because drunk people will come in or try and steal your bed!

The only interesting thing I got out of this, was the trip, "We are looking for the person or persons who did this". That is interesting. Is it possibly more than one perpetrator?

Hmm, question about case of stabbing in Oregon. We should probably look at this.

There is always a risk of false self-incrimination or confession in these cases. Details of targeting evidence and the 911 call may include details only known to law enforcement and the killer, which will help law enforcement rule out false claims.

They are going to catch the killer. That person will be brought to justice before the law and all other forces.

Last edited:
I have a completely new opinion after this presser. I can’t say what it is (TOS), but I feel more confident than I did before. I think they know what happened and are waiting for test results to prove it.

I will just say that I don’t believe them on their cleared list. They are trying to make someone feel comfortable.
Fair point, but if that's what they're actually doing, a defense attorney will have a field day with that in court. LE doesn't really do things like that for that reason. It's people who aren't mentioned one way or the other that they might suspect.

Rome wasn't built in a day. I believe this LE team will solve this tragic crime.

If the murderer (I assume one male) left any blood DNA behind, he will be caught eventually.

My speculation is that rejection and jealousy were the motive... the murderer has some intelligence to have gotten away with it so far but he has zero emotional intelligence.

LE seemed very calm on this presser (although I can't compare to the other pressers as I didn't watch them). I find that somewhat reassuring. Hoping they have someone and are just building the case.

Mayor was emotional/defeated sounding (like someone mentioned) but doubt Mayor would be informed they have a POI at this stage.

Edit: If they thought a serial killer was on the loose in the area, wouldn't they be giving out personal safety tips to residents? And seem more scared? Even outside of presser; not sure if anyone that lives in area/students have seen that sort of PSA?

Re: 911 call—I wonder if someone was accused on the call. Eg-“x actually did it and killed y”. It is Interesting though if the phone was passed around and the dispatcher talked to several people that NO ONE has talked to the media or anyone else……so curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member