ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t figure out why the 2 girls were spared

The reason the two were spared is the main reason I believe the attacker did not know the group personally as he was unfamiliar with the unconventional layout of the house. Anyone who had visited the house before (at a party etc) would have known that floor had additional bedrooms.

It also raises the question whether the attacker arrived on the scene after the first group had retired to their bedrooms, so assumed there were only four residents living in the house. Because the two girls had stopped at the food truck to get a takeaway before going home, and that the two pairs had attended different events that night, they could have spent at least some time in the kitchen eating and talking before bed. The kitchen has a large glass sliding door with no curtain and is direct line of sight from the trees behind the house. I think it's possible the perp left assuming he had killed everyone in the house and only in the news the following day, realise there were two survivors.

My other thought is that there was some incident at the party at the frat house E and X were at.
My understanding is the frat house is only 10 minutes walk away.
Someone/s has followed them, waited for them to go to sleep before killing them.
Then when cleaning himself up, K and M come home and recognise this person ask them what they are doing here. Perhaps the person is a friend or fraternity member.
The person offers an innocent explanation, helping E and X home, they were both drunk or whatever excuse, and now I’m leaving.
Killer realises that K and M will know it was him when the bodies are found so he waits for them to fall asleep before killing them too.
At first it sounded a bit too far-fetched, but it is an interesting aspect to think about: we do not know if all 4 were killed at the same time, and there is some mess with the arrival times etc.
I mean, I don't think it is super likely and I personally would not think it originates from a problem at the party (there is no indication there was anything like that), but the idea that they might have been killed at different times and for different reasons (target vs witness) without this "woke up and went to investigate" is something to consider, IMO.
But he PD sure knows if that's the case or not and we cannot figure that out with discussion, so for now we just have to wait.

What is everyone’s best current theory as of now?
I have to give credit to my sister (also a WS member) for this one. Her idea makes sense, though.

Could all of this be a "murder for hire" scheme? The messy crime scene clearly points to an amateur...perhaps a young outdoorsman in need of some quick cash. I say outdoorsman because in that part of the country, lots of people hunt and commune with nature. The killer could be a survivalist, accustomed to living "off the grid" for extended periods, which could explain why there has so far been no sighting of a potential suspect. You have Washington to the west, Canada to the north and rural Montana to the east.

All of this just my opinion.

I am amazed, though, how little verified information has been released about this case so far, especially considering the expanded law enforcement corps now involved in the investigation.

<snipped & BBM> So the Dog was inside the house........

“It’s just been crazy, just how quiet it’s been,” T (neighbor) said. “They always had a little gathering, so they always have music going.”

Their comments follow a police update Monday night in which investigators said a dog was recovered from the home “on the night of the incident.”

“The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party,” Moscow Police said.

University of Idaho murders left surreal crime scene, neighbors
Yes, found these reports on Moscow LE police blotter for 11/13 of “Request assistance locating dog that was dropped off at shelter” and a second report about a “stray” dog but do not know if either report pertained to K’s dog. K’s dog also could have returned to the home after the tragic events occurred (but was not inside house at that time). MOO

Attachments

• 678F5D9B-C06F-4B80-A4F5-46AC0B96F355.png
    678F5D9B-C06F-4B80-A4F5-46AC0B96F355.png
    282.2 KB · Views: 46
That’s a great suggestion about the dog. But I can’t believe they’d go to sleep with dog missing.
If the dog was missing outside they would knock on neighbor doors, or call around, there would be people sighting them walking around outside, in the back yard, in the woods, in the parking lot- along any path they may walk with the dog.
We’ve not heard any of that- but of course it was 2AM
Also, they have a fenced back yard, not Sure how that plays into it.
IMO

From the press release.

 On the morning of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party.

Which happens to vary just a bit with their statement under the FAQ section of the new website.

1. What happened to the dog?
On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and later released to a responsible party.

Hey everyone I hope everyone is doing as well as they can be. Just want to say I appreciate every single one of you for trying to help bring justice to these victims and their families!
I had to take a mental break after baby q and debbies case , but I am back!

IMO I truly think this is a serial killer. I definitely don’t think this is their first time killing. When this person(s) is caught, I pray that LE looks into past cold cases/crimes.

I hope people in the area are vigilant and looking for anyone with scratches on their bodies, different demeanor,or anyone who has changed their appearance (shaved, colored hair, etc )after the murders.

I’m disgusted with some of the comments I’ve seen on the girl’s socials media that I definitely reported.

Imo I think there is a threat to the community until the person(s) is caught . I know the SOB is getting a huge kick reading comments and getting all of this attention, but whats done in the dark will come to light!

Looking at these girls social medias, they had a lot of parties there. I can’t imagine how many random prints are in that house and maybe even DNA.
Can you imagine the amount and varieties of DNA in the common area of a home of college students who have parties regularly for years?
Samples will have to be taken carefully or you may get 100 people’s DNA, of students who graduated and moved away years ago.
Wow, lots of evidence for sure, but what of it is useful?
IMO

I feel like it was someone semi random . Some creepy guy who watched them for a little . Someone who was going to kill somebody just to kill and started to watch and target them . Planned it out almost like a game to them . Could be totally wrong obviously, but with the lack of sexual assault and over 100 interviews done with still no arrests makes me think this . Now if I had more information , like if one victim was brutalized much more then the others etc then maybe I would change my mind .
Here’s my only problem with that. I came home last night & my living room & bedroom were pitch black. I know where everything is, yet I still had a hard time navigating my way around, & I do it in the dark all the time. How’s a stranger going to navigate the stairs, not to mention how would a stranger know where the beds were located in the rooms & where the people were sleeping in them. If you’re trying to remain stealth, you can’t just have a flashlight. That’s why I believe it’s got to be someone that had been in that house before & knew the victims. It could’ve been only casually from a party or something, but I think the killer definitely has knowledge of the layout of the house.

The reason the two were spared is the main reason I believe the attacker did not know the group personally as he was unfamiliar with the unconventional layout of the house. Anyone who had visited the house before (at a party etc) would have known that floor had additional bedrooms.

It also raises the question whether the attacker arrived on the scene after the first group had retired to their bedrooms, so assumed there were only four residents living in the house. Because the two girls had stopped at the food truck to get a takeaway before going home, and that the two pairs had attended different events that night, they could have spent at least some time in the kitchen eating and talking before bed. The kitchen has a large glass sliding door with no curtain and is direct line of sight from the trees behind the house. I think it's possible the perp left assuming he had killed everyone in the house and only in the news the following day, realise there were two survivors.
I'm under the assumption that they two spared girls were newer roommates. Maybe the person who did this wasn't familiar with them.

my thoughts:
murder weapon(s) will never be found
there was a main target, but killer went to the house to kill all 4
if the killer wasn't personally close with victims, he had an accomplice who was very close with them
"i was sleeping" is never an alibi
911 caller described something LE thinks only a suspect would know, hence being so secretive about it
contrary to popular belief i don't think the suspect was cutting himself up or swimming in blood during the stabbings and was likely wearing gloves (DNA will be extremely difficult to find)

Yes, found these reports on Moscow LE police blotter for 11/13 of “Request assistance locating dog that was dropped off at shelter” and a second report about a “stray” dog but do not know if either report pertained to K’s dog. K’s dog also could have returned to the home after the tragic events occurred (but was not inside house at that time). MOO
I looked up the addresses/ times

Nov 13, 2022 5:30PM Suspicious
2000 blk of White Ave is 3+ miles E near Humane Society and Moscow Dog Park
“Request assistance locating dog that was dropped off at shelter”

Nov 13, 2022 7:09PM- Stray Animal
500 blk of Van Buren St is 3+ miles NE near St Mary’s School
”Stray dog in custody of PD”

I just can’t figure out why the 2 girls were spared, He must have watched the house, if in fact our speculation is correct, He Would know how many people lived there, Maybe The surging girls had the door to bedroom locked I guess L.E will have an answer For this, but I think we got it right, It’s the only logical explanation for such a brutal crime that from what I am understanding such a brutal crime that even some of L.E May have needed counseling There’s no way this was a psychopath that picked a rad on house and just decided to butcher a bunch of people
I think there are at least several potential reasons for this, including but not limited to:

- Had an insane grudge against some but not all house occupants
- Was targeting fewer occupants but came upon unexpected number of occupants per room or different occupants than expected in rooms (collateral damage)
- Unaware of downstairs bedrooms
- Tried downstairs bedrooms but they were locked
- Downstairs near front door and car park felt too vulnerable for one reason or another (not enough visibility into rooms, unsure if neighboring cameras pointing to exterior windows, scared away from window by a noise from inside or outside, lights or music still on, fear of ingress from parking lot, too far from preferred back exit, etc.)
- Became injured upstairs and left asap
- Was unsure if any victims managed to hit SOS on phone so left asap
- Planned to murder all but became exhausted
- Familiar with one or both downstairs occupants and intentionally spared them

Last edited:
What is everyone’s best current theory as of now?

I am thinking currently that it is a local psychopath...possible serial killer... who was feeling the urge to kill and found an unlocked door...as someone else said previously, I think this is someone who has killed before and has used this method before. The feeling of a blade slipping inside someone and the amount and volume of blood escaping from someone is, I imagine, terrifying. I have no experience with the blade thing, but I am a former paramedic and I had a patient dump their entire blood volume in the back of my rig one time and it was the most horrific thing I have ever seen

In the last picture of them on kaylees Instagram they are wearing the same outfits as the food trucks but maddie has a black jacket on? Is this hers or someone else’s - the jacket looks big for her
That’s a really interesting point .. could someone have given her their jacket to wear and used it as an excuse to go and retrieve it at the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper