ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a dog is missing, we get in the car and drive around looking for it. Would anyone just go to sleep with their missing dog? They were drunk but they could have woken up the roommates to help,

And leaving a door open at 30 degrees and have any wandering creature come in does not sound like something anyone would do.

It makes no sense what the police said. And it makes no sense that someone would leave their dog out.

No one knows why they called the BF, The talk about asking about the dog was from a xinversnwrion the mother talked about. It was from another time , not that night,

I don’t want to look for the reference so it is my opinion
If you're responsible, you don't drink and drive, no matter what.

When smart dogs take themselves out for a potty break, they hang right around the house where they are fed and pampered.

And all it takes is a paw-sized crack in a door for a dog to open it. Some dogs can open refrigerators and bring you a beer retrieved from inside.... I've not seen one that closes the door (fridge nor entry) back though.

If This were A serial killer, Why Didn’t He Take out all the housemates?

Could have been they had locked doors.

BUT, one reason I dont think is/was a serial killer, is "I think" he did some amount of cleaning between the bedrooms. Why waste that time?

I was thinking more of a build up of animosty towards privileged kids, gorgeous, living the less strictured college life, maybe to the envious outsider seeming like no work was ever done. Taking out $50 k+ loans, then some fanatic, cult creep, notes those loans have poofed and is convinced by media that HE is paying for all this!

i don't think K had her used car long enough to attract any attention of the kind I'm referring to.

iMO it is not a serial killer (unless he really liked it and starts off a spree). Also, jmo, it was not jealousy from anyone the kids dated. It was long time festering class envy, someone who hated college kids as a whole, and was goaded into murder by resentment stirred up by fringe media, or it could have been a religious cult fanatic disapproving of everything these kids represented. I do put the stalker theme up near the top. A furious "watcher".

But I don't let spurned faculty off the hook.

Imo
Agree
They were killed for what they represented not for who they were as individuals. This was a better planned killing than the general LE comments indicate. JMO.

Believe that is an opinion. I believe her behavior at the food truck would have been different. It’s one thing to break up-but a whole other level of emotion if the ex starts dating. I’m starting to think it was because of the dog (why was the dog even there if she was just going back home?). Dog = ploy to see her ex-as parents have said.
You have an excellent point about why bring the dog rather than leaving him with his grandparents if you are just going out to party. But see, the ex is the dog's other "parent." So, if you're bringing the dog to exchange custody, why not do that when you first arrive in your new ride?

An IP address is transitory, they would need the phone's MAC address and that also can be changed or masked. With the reported foot traffic at that house any logging done on the WIFI router would be overwritten if it was even turned on.

Is there a difference between binging on a wifi....and pinging off of a cell tower? Even if phone not in use. For some reason I thought information could be found if a cell was near a tower.

A classmate, faculty or staff member could:
1. Have motive and opportunity.
2. Be physically powerful and trained in martial arts and knife use.
3. Be intelligent enough to plan this at a time where everyone is leaving campus.

The University could:
1. look at the door access logs that folks create when they swipe their ID to enter campus buildings.
2. Talk to campus counselors for suspects
3. See if there were protests or incidents related to politics or abortion issues.

If you're responsible, you don't drink and drive, no matter what.

When smart dogs take themselves out for a potty break, they hang right around the house where they are fed and pampered.

And all it takes is a paw-sized crack in a door for a dog to open it. Some dogs can open refrigerators and bring you a beer retrieved from inside.... I've not seen one that closes the door (fridge nor entry) back though.
They had roommates that perhaps were not drunk. It was 30 degrees outside.I guess I am going by what I would do. There is no way I would leave my dog outside all night to get hit by a car or whatever, They had friends that would help them, I imagine.

Agree
They were killed for what they represented not for who they were as individuals. This was a better planned killing than the general LE comments indicate. JMO.
Last night someone posted a Daily Mail report on the floorplans. If accurate, and if he entered thru the sliding doors as seems obvious to me, the killer had to go across a couple of rooms to access the stairway to 3rd floor. He had to have figured out where the staircase would be, from patient outside stalking. I doubt many know of Zillow to find floorplans. I didn't. It's extremely unlikely, imo, that he attacked the couple on the second floor first.

Nov 24 2022 rbbm.
''A legendary FBI profiler says the killer who butchered four University of Idaho students is a “younger” man who is a first-time killer and “comfortable with blood.”
Retired criminal behaviour expert Jim Clemente also told the New York Post that the homicidal maniac was likely known to one of the victims and lives in the area.''

“Going into an occupied dwelling with six young adults, any of whom could have a knife or a gun or a cellphone to call the police is extremely risky unless you know the circumstances inside.”

''Rapidly stabbing four people to death is not for the faint of heart, Clemente said, adding the killer could be a butcher or experienced hunter.''

''He believes the motive may have been down to a romantic rejection, revenge or “some kind of insult.”

Clemente added: “Somebody in this community knows him.”
VIDEO

''Former FBI agent discusses key evidence in University of Idaho student killings​

Former agent and FBI profiler Mary Ellen O'Toole discusses the murders of four college students at the University of Idaho with CBS News' Vladimir Duthiers and Elaine Quijano. She discusses what evidence investigators may be looking at in their search for the killer or killers.NOV 23, 2022''
Definitely agree. IMO perp is also probably someone who is on the periphery socially of the college campus…very possibly not even a student but someone who may be close in age (maybe even mid to late 20s?) to the victims but not a part of their “crowd “ …Also agree with the statement above that he may have had a recent rejection - in a job, relationship , an insult etc. IMO this is the catalyst/event that probably set him off.

Dog gets loose. <modsnip> people may not want to put in effort. Dog disrupts disgruntled neighbor and he grabs his knife to return the dog. He yells at kids to come get the dog. <modsnip> kids tell him the code and ask him to let the dog in. He loses his mind and goes on a rampage. Anything is possible because LE is releasing nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reposting the LE site dedicated to the case, as a refresher for questions about info that's been released, such as Murphy the dog. King Street Homicide

What happened to the dog? On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and later released to a responsible party.
Why are the calling it King Street? Isn't it Kings Road? Or do I need more coffee this morning?

Also, on the police log, for the night of the murders, there was a report of a loose dog found. I'm only on my phone right now and not where I can look up the police log. Maybe a kind sleuther can find and link this for me and post it? Maybe it's something maybe not. Imo.

Seems like this is a ruthless serial killer who kills for the sake of killing. This person probably gets off on it. Attacks in the middle of the night when people are sleeping. I have no doubt that these other stabbings In the PW are related. Just too many things that are similar.

Normally if there is a home invasion there is something in the home that the criminal wants. This seems like it is totally different. This person just wants to kill and probably isn't interested in stealing anything.

I also don't think this person goes to Idaho or even lives in the area. Like someone else mentioned he may be a truck driver or traveling contractor and is passing through or working in the area. LE is probably looking in at that. Perhaps look at the people who stayed in the local hotels or airbnb's.
The problem is, law enforcement keeps saying it was a targeted attack, and are now telling family that only 1 of the 4 victims was the target. Not random:

My husband is a police detective serving in a major crime unit in the city (we’re in east). He told me that there needs to be one of these two reasons for a prosecutor to get involved in his cases.

1. To determined if there’s enough evidence to charge
2. They have enough evidence to charge

I can’t speak for other states or other LE experiences as state law varies.
I am curious about your husband’s thoughts on the use of the term “sloppy” by LE. This was said by LE early on (don’t have a link handy, was in early press conference by LE). I thought it was an interesting choice of words and I am wondering if “sloppy” means something specific to LE (or a psy-op for perp). Thanks!

We don’t know that for sure right now, but it is not uncommon for perpetrators of stabbing injuries to cut themselves on their own knife when it becomes slippery from the blood of the victim. Also, it has been reported that at least one of the victims had defensive wounds. This made have resulted in a scratch or even a bite from one of the victims which may have bled.
How would defensive wounds result in a scratch or bite to the killer? That's not what defensive wounds means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow