ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that they are also looking at other possibly similar cases, besides the Oregon one.

"In a press conference on Wednesday, Moscow Police Chief James Fry was asked about a potential link between the two cases.

He confirmed that the Oregon killing is on their radar in Idaho and that investigators are probing a possible tie.

“We’re looking at every avenue and we have other agencies reaching out to us with other cases and stuff that we are going to follow up on,” he said, adding that authorities are “looking into any possible connection”. "

Mother of murdered Oregon man speaks out after police reveal possible link to Idaho student slayings
Wondering if anyone else thinks they should be looking at May 13th 2019. If the other 2 murders are connected and we're at 15 and 14 months apart who's to say that 13, 12, 11, 10 etc weren't already covered by this person...maybe we're several years behind in these killings.

Maybe I am seeing different but the hill looks graded to me and the drop would be a standard drop.10ft or so. imo

If you look at this drone footage from Fox News, at around the 14.03 time you will see the view from the area above the third floor balcony. If you follow the line of the edge of the balcony toward the back of the house and line it up with a light coloured vehicle parked behind it, it appears that the grade is minimal. IMO.

I’m wondering if the perpetrator crated and possibly drugged the dog and stashed the dog in a room somewhere hidden, thus LE didn’t find the dog until they were processing the scene later the evening of the 13th?
And I looked at drugging the 4 of them all at once thru the hvac system and only found date rape type single person victims --gave up after 10 min though-did find top knock out drug "alcohol" so ...

Last edited:
You see it as they are stating they found the dog wandering around outside the house before the murders? As in before everyone returned home?

I’ve been telling myself they found it after arriving post 911 call. And after assessing victims (could take hours) turned it over to animal services.

The dog was associated with 4 murders and may have required assessment for evidence before being turned over to animal control.

It's hard to ignore the similarities between this crime and the one in Oregon. The police have made it clear they are determined to share as little as possible but I am curious if they collected any biological evidence from both scenes that match.
Which crime in Oregon are you referring to?

What is a "solid alibi" for someone at 3 am in the morning? Most people will say, "I was at home, asleep in my bed.". Even if I was next to someone, if they are asleep, they really can't give you an alibi.

Maybe, if someone had flown to Hawaii, that day, checked into a hotel, and it can be verified that they were indeed, in Hawaii or wherever, that is pretty rock solid. Otherwise, what else?!
If the suspect has an Apple Watch they can prove they were sleeping by the biometrics collected on the Apple Watch which will show they were asleep during that time. I think that may be how they have excluded the ex boyfriend. That’s my theory.

''TABLE OF CONTENTS
1 When Does a Cell Phone Ping a Cell Tower? (3 Scenarios)
1.1 #1 When You Move
1.2 #2 Force Ping
1.3 #3 Airplane Mode
2 When Does a Cell Phone Connect to a Cell Tower? (2 Things)
2.1 #1 Cell Phone Channels
2.2 #2 When You Use the Phone
3 How Does Pinging From Your Cell Phone to a Cell Tower Work? (4 Things)
3.1 #1 The Cell Tower Network
3.2 #2 EM Radiation
3.3 #3 Switching
3.4 #4 Understanding Range''

''WiFi towers, sometimes called WiFi antennas, are like really large WiFi routers. They provide wireless internet access to homes and businesses where traditional wired internet connections, such as cable, DSL, or fiber, are not available. These WiFi towers, just like your home router, work using the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz radio frequencies to pass data between the tower, and a WiFi router in the home.''

So, instead of the router in your home being connected to a phone line to receive its internet, and then passing that internet to the other devices in your home, your router would instead wirelessly receive an internet connection from the nearest WiFi tower.''

How Do WiFi Towers Work?​

WiFi towers typically work in series or pairs, meaning that there typically isn’t just a single tower that is passing internet to all the homes around it, like how we think of cell towers. Instead, there will typically be one WiFi tower that is receiving a wired internet connection to the internet, and then that WiFi tower passes the internet wirelessly to another WiFi tower.

Unlike WiFi routers and cell towers, WiFi towers cannot typically transmit data in a full circle, they are instead tuned to directionally pass data to another specific tower. These WiFi towers need to be in direct view of one another, as they are not made to pass data through obstructions''.

This is what I wanted!! Thank you!

When Does a Cell Phone Ping a Cell Tower? (3 Scenarios)

"It’s also worth noting that most phones ping a lot more than a few times a day, but that’s because the things you do can initiate a ping."

SO next question does Moscow have many cell towers? Maybe because it's a small town, not enough to give good evidence? And a seasoned killer would probably know all this stuff.

3800 Foothill Rd, Moscow, ID 8384330.5TOWER
NEW CINGULAR WIRELESS PCS, LLC1011 Paradise Ridge Rd, Moscow, ID 8384386MAST
WASHINGTON RSA NO. 8 LIMITED PARTNERSHIP1007 Paradise Ridge Rd, Moscow, ID 8384336.6TOWER
WASHINGTON RSA NO. 8 LIMITED PARTNERSHIP543 Residence St, Moscow, ID 8384327.4TANK

Could be along the lines of a repairman who was recently in the house...something like that. JMO.
I would really like to know how the killer got in the house. This crime hinged on the perpetrator not being heard at any time before he was right next to his victim. Can't break glass, can't bust down a door etc, because that would cause an immediate call to 911. Whomever this was serial killer, stalker, jilted college student etc, they would have to have spent time casing out the place and knowing how to enter silently.. not quietly... silently. MOO that means the suspect was around this house often even if from a distance. Did he do a dry run where he just entered and then left to see if he could get in?

It is MOO but this tragedy will probably change the easy access to college houses and apartments. Keeping exterior doors locked needs to be the first line of protection against something like this ever happening again.

Most serial killers are not rational. They kill based on emotion. They generally are "not thinking" while they are doing the killing.
They may think beforehand and plan, but the urge to kill is based on emotion.

A more methodical killer, like in organized crime, will go out of their way to assure there are no witnesses, but serial killers kill for the sake of killing. If attacking the downstairs area "didn't feel good", the assailant simply would avoid it. Generally they are not concerned about evidence while they are in the process of killing.

They may think about evidence it ahead of time, but to serial killers, killing is like sex. They get high while they are killing.
I think advances in DNA have stopped many "would be" serial killers in the past two decades.

Also their irrational behavior tends to make them harder to catch. LE uses logic, but they don't. They can go "undetected"
That’s Interesting

MOO, there's not enough info on what went on inside the house for me to come up with an idea of what type of perp we're dealing with. Specifically, were all the wounds equal depth and "rage" type, or was each individual done in by one "kill" shot and was the rest done to create a more shocking crime scene (staged)? Without this knowledge, it's tough for me to access what LE is looking for or thinks about the perp, let alone my own thoughts.

Which crime in Oregon are you referring to?
This one

I’m wondering if the perpetrator crated and possibly drugged the dog and stashed the dog in a room somewhere hidden, thus LE didn’t find the dog until they were processing the scene later the evening of the 13th?
Killers are known to bring hot dogs to subdue dogs. Sometimes dogs are drugged. The killer bringing a treat is possible, esp if the killer knew there was a dog in the house.

Why are the calling it King Street? Isn't it Kings Road? Or do I need more coffee this morning?

Also, on the police log, for the night of the murders, there was a report of a loose dog found. I'm only on my phone right now and not where I can look up the police log. Maybe a kind sleuther can find and link this for me and post it? Maybe it's something maybe not. Imo.
I've never seen a police log. I do note the discrepancy of the updated report on the Moscow, Idaho website which now reads:
" On the morning of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party."

I just don't understand turning the dog over to Animal Services if you know where the dog lived and who owns the dog (the ex-boyfriend.) If you don't know the owner and he doesn't have a collar, that's one thing. Or a disgruntled neighbor sending the dog away to try and instill responsible dog ownership principles is understandable (rude.)

But for the police to confiscate the dog from his home and turn him over to Animal Services.... why?

How would defensive wounds result in a scratch or bite to the killer? That's not what defensive wounds means.
it may be a word choice issue confusing things but we know from X's father that he's aware there's physical evidence on her body that she fought back against her attacker. As to the murderer having injuries resulting from his own attacks on X and the other 3 victims I think these four experts speak well to that likely possibility:

This is aimed at no one in particular, but I have seen many posts here, expressing what almost borders on indignation, that Kaylee had just purchased a Range Rover and was planning a trip to Europe.

It has been stated by many here that the car she purchased was several years old, a 2016 model, and had been pre-owned. It certainly cost no more, and probably cost considerably less than almost any new car she could have purchased. We have no idea how it was being paid for, nor is it any of our business, but to assume it was careless of her to buy it is ridiculous. She was about to graduate from college early, and already had a high-paying job offer that she had accepted from a tech firm in Texas, which may likely have included a lucrative signing bonus. She had, according to the owners, worked as a server at The Mad Greek restaurant for several years, and had apparently saved as much money as possible, while still taking what must have been full course loads, and participating in sorority activities. It is also very possible that the car or trip, or at least money towards them, was a graduation gift from family. Finally, it is likely that she already owned another car that may have been sold or traded in as a down payment on the car.

I do not begrudge her the car or the trip. I just am sorry that her life was so viciously taken before she had a chance to enjoy Europe and her well-earned Range Rover. JMO
Thank You!

I've never seen a police log. I do note the discrepancy of the updated report on the Moscow, Idaho website which now reads:
" On the morning of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party."

I just don't understand turning the dog over to Animal Services if you know where the dog lived and who owns the dog (the ex-boyfriend.) If you don't know the owner and he doesn't have a collar, that's one thing. Or a disgruntled neighbor sending the dog away to try and instill responsible dog ownership principles is understandable (rude.)

But for the police to confiscate the dog from his home and turn him over to Animal Services.... why?
They are processing a crime scene and they aren't gonna stop and look for the dog's owner... They've got priorities....They likely were not aware that the dog was in a "shared custody" with Kaylee and her ex.

I wonder if there are any reported break ins in the area in the last few months? Could the perp have been practicing breaking in to houses without alerting the homeowners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298