ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe the dog was traumatized and hiding under the victim's bed while the crime was being committed.

Either way, I don't think we know what the dog did or where he was before or after the crime. Unless the dog can talk, I don't see how it is relevant to the murders.

If Murphy was loose in house, he could have gotten blood evidence on himself. YET, LE took him to shelter. LE could have misspoken and it was morning not evening when dog was found.

I was focused on dog, because I was wondering about logistics of the crime. HOW did perp avoid leaving blood evidence between the bedrooms. Did he clean up in each room, or after. How did he clean up, how long did it take. Did Murphy carry evidence on his paws? Fur? Probably not, or I think LE would have kept him longer.

If perp did not clean up very well, did two remaining roommates see anything at all on the floor. Is this why LE wont release 911 calls?

Unanswerable questions at this time...just curious.

fingerprints, scrapes from a tool, or small blood smears? You can slide a sliding door open without using a handle maybe killer left prints there? (I hope so.) All LE needs is one mistake, one print and one drop of his blood/DNA. So I hope he made several huge mistakes and catch him quickly.
We have to remember that if they did get one drop of the killer’s blood, fingerprints, or other DNA evidence, you still have to have something on file to match it to.

During LE interviews, are they asking all males for voluntary DNA swabs? Many perpetrators who refuse testing have been caught this way. We have probably all seen instances of detectives surveiling a potential suspect to collect their discarded cigarette butts or food and drink containers to collect their DNA. I just wonder if it's even legal to ask for a DNA sample during interviews.

<snipped>
The majority of rewards offered do not actually result in payouts, many localities are as small as 0-2%. Crimestoppers report 10-20% are paid out, nationwide, out of millions on offer.

Unlocked NYT’s article:
1,000 Tips, No Suspects: Latest on the University of Idaho Killings The gruesome stabbing deaths of four University of Idaho students remain unsolved 10 days later. The police asked the public to continue sending tips.
That's interesting about the 10-20% pay out by Crimestoppers. Just a personal observation I have about rewards offered by families when police investigations start going cold.....
The way the offers are worded .... some even go so far as to say "information leading to an arrest and conviction"...tends to cut way down on who could (or in the case of requiring conviction, who would) answer those pleas for information.

Is there any reason to believe the perp was bleeding?
We don’t know that for sure right now, but it is not uncommon for perpetrators of stabbing injuries to cut themselves on their own knife when it becomes slippery from the blood of the victim. Also, it has been reported that at least one of the victims had defensive wounds. This made have resulted in a scratch or even a bite from one of the victims which may have bled.

They were likely processing the area where the stools had been and moved them momentarily, imo.
Looks to me like they have positioned the stools to serve as security by placing them in the track of the sliding doors. Usually one uses a straight piece of wood to do that for security purposes, but this may have been a makeshift attempt to do the same until they could get a piece of wood the right length.

Speculation - LE claimed that it may have appeared to be a struggle at times during the attack, it is plausible that the attacker received an injury.

Have they actually said ‘struggle?’ I know they said that some victims had defensive injuries. I visualize that as more passive injuries from trying to fend off the attack with one’s hands.

In regard to the dog, I’m inclined to believe that they found it the morning of the murders, not the night.

The police’s news release on 11/21 states:

On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party.

Then the next release on 11/22 states:

On the morning of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party.

I believe the website went live on 11/22 (that is the first time it is mentioned on the City of Moscow’s Facebook page (Log in or sign up to view). I am guessing the actual website was built prior to this date though in order to go live on 11/22. It is my opinion that they incorrectly referenced “night” in their 11/21 news release and that news release is what the FAQ section was based on. However, after that news release came out, they may have heard all the speculation from the public about what happened to the dog to cause it to be found at night, or they went back and noticed their error and corrected it in the next release but forgot to change the FAQ section.

This is all JMO.

Seems like this is a ruthless serial killer who kills for the sake of killing. This person probably gets off on it. Attacks in the middle of the night when people are sleeping. I have no doubt that these other stabbings In the PW are related. Just too many things that are similar.

Normally if there is a home invasion there is something in the home that the criminal wants. This seems like it is totally different. This person just wants to kill and probably isn't interested in stealing anything.

I also don't think this person goes to Idaho or even lives in the area. Like someone else mentioned he may be a truck driver or traveling contractor and is passing through or working in the area. LE is probably looking in at that. Perhaps look at the people who stayed in the local hotels or airbnb's.

Been following MSM, and true crime podcasts by hosts that I respect a lot. Following discussion here as well. By profession I am a psychoanalyst (25 years ). While I claim no clairvoyant knowledge, I do trust my mind to listen and interpret data in a unique way. Just sharing my thoughts here.

MOO This is a targeted crime against all four of the victims by virtue of them being connected to an inner circle, from which the suspect has been excluded. Even the most "normal appearing people" can harbor a dark, hidden reservoir of rage. Still waters do run deep. I believe if it had been possible, he would have killed the remaining two victims as well. He is not motivated one bit by fear of consequences. He is motivated by a need to exact revenge. I would not be shocked if he ends up killing himself next. I also think he was most likely bullied as a kid, but found some relief when he felt he was a part of that inner circle. Without them, his internal world crumbles and his sense of reality is delusional. Once delusional thinking starts operating, we cannot necessarily understand the specifics of the who, why and when, although it makes perfect sense to him.

The facts of the case lead me to conclude that the killer was known by everybody. Well, not actually "known". The depths of this guy's rage was probably very well hidden. Even to people who thought they knew him for years and years.

Delusional thinking. Rejection. Crumbled internal world. Altered reality. No fear of consequences. Perhaps even beginning of more serious psychological issues such as schizo-affective disorder.
Police have him under surveillance and are collecting evidence. No current safety issue for others.

I know it’s probably “old” news at the rate these threads move but I’m still stuck on the photo of the blood dripping down the exterior wall.

I understand it was said to be a “bloody scene” inside but I just cannot seem to logistically wrap my head around blood oozing out of the house itself. I must be really naive because I truly thought something like that would only ever happen in a horror movie.

(For ref: University of Idaho murders: blood seen oozing from house amid reports of previous threat)

/jmo

It is creepy to me how easy it is to just go to Zillow, type in an address, and boom...the entire layout of the house, specs, and everything is right there. Down to information about a home alarm or not. I looked up my childhood home the other day. Crazy
it is and it isn't; not sure zillow is 100% up to date but maybe more current for a rental AND you do not know where furniture and objects are without visiting
so I am 50/50 on whether I think this person was in this house before or just did on line research.
I was just watching the news about this massacre. The problem is about "mixed DNA", meaning it is hard to get DNA when the victim and perpetrator blood is "mixed". And even if they get a match of DNA from both separate scenes, the bedrooms, if the perpetrator has never given DNA to LEO, it is useless. Just a random DNA.

It may be useful if they have a definite suspect. But, if that suspect has been in that house, and those areas, he may have legitimate reasons why his DNA was found. Depending on where and what it is...
on the positive side, even if "the house" has DNA from parties, that would be unlikely to be in two bedrooms and on bodies, IMO

That's interesting about the 10-20% pay out by Crimestoppers. Just a personal observation I have about rewards offered by families when police investigations start going cold.....
The way the offers are worded .... some even go so far as to say "information leading to an arrest and conviction"...tends to cut way down on who could (or in the case of requiring conviction, who would) answer those pleas for information.

That fits with my belief that the main point of a reward is to publicize the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53