ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO. He was looking for someone. It was personal. The first room he started his rampage ended up NOT being the correct room. He didn’t know this until the victims in that room were dead. So he move to the next room. Started killing again. As he was killing them, one of them must have been the one he was looking for. That’s why it’s believed it was personal. Because at least one of them was. Once he finished he left without killing those on the 1st floor because he finished what he came to do.

Could you point me in the direction of when they said this please?.

As I've transcribed the pressers I know they haven't mentioned once where the survivors were when the victims were attacked.

It can be assumed they were on the 1st floor, as LE have stated the victims were found on the 2nd and 3rd floors, but they've never actually said so.
KG’s parents confirmed the two surviving roommates were on the first floor, for what it’s worth.
They also speak of the calls to the ex boyfriend saying KG’s repeated calls were nothing unusual, they have spoken of her penchant for repeat calls in other interviews as well, saying it was normal behavior. They say she was “24/7 on the phone”.

Bringing forward this post from previous thread [BBM] with attached video interview.

Emerald1328​

Well-Known Member​

Kaylee’s dad, brother and sister have an interview to CNN last night and gave a few new pieces of info:

-Kaylee’s sister says they got home at 1:56am and she’s frustrated with the police stating 1:45am on their timeline as those extra minutes matter when it comes to video surveillance, dash cam, etc.
-Kaylee’s sister is adamant that if Kaylee had noticed that she had a stalker that she would have told them. She said Kaylee would FaceTime her for hours almost every single day. “She wasn’t scared to get us involved in her life in any capacity like that.”
-Police aren’t keeping them updated more than the public, no additional communication to them beyond what they see on the website and hear in the press conferences
-Kaylee’s dad said that there were volunteers looking around the crime scene and found different things
-Police shared with him that expanding the crime scene may have more to do with keeping the cameras out than it actually does with evidence gathering
-The host says the mother of one of the surviving roommates told a reporter that the roommates heard something that night <I don’t remember reading this in MSM, does anyone have a link?> He asked if they have heard that from any of the families. Kaylee’s sister said that they did hear those “rumors” but none of that has ever been confirmed to them.
-They have not spoken with the surviving roommates
-They confirmed the roommates were on the first floor
-Kaylee’s father has been told there was just ONE of them that was targeted; however, police have been vague with them about that (and pretty much everything else he said). The police haven’t shared who the target was.
-They don’t find it significant that Kaylee’s ex boyfriend wasn’t on the website list of people cleared - they said Maddie’s boyfriend isn’t on it, neither are any associates of Xana and Ethan, so they don’t worry about it.

There are some similarities. I'm interested in what the FBI's profiler thinks of these two cases.

The more I read about these attacks the more I think you are right, there are patterns that are strangely similar.
Attacking and killing one or two residents leaving another to live.
A masked attacker? creepy.
Both unsolved.
and someone posted about another attack on June 13th at 3 am stabbing. All past 3 am when most people are dead asleep exhausted and taken off guard. There's a reason it's called the Witches/The Devil's Hour besides being superstitious criminal activity increases.

I don't think police would move objects to block a door to keep people out of an active scene. They have tape and stickers and what not for that. Not to say you are wrong. Just that if an officer did do that they should be disgraced.
I wish reporters would have asked about this and the stains on the exterior.
They were likely processing the area where the stools had been and moved them momentarily, imo.

Pics. taken on the 14th Nov. Source

View attachment 382587

SS from drone footage 19th. Source

View attachment 382588

Obviously the stool was put there by LE. Appears to me it was used for extra security.
What is odd, to me....no evidence markers outside the home, including the upper balcony and all wiindows.

MOO....the person is experienced, left little/no evidence, didn't awaken roommates. I don't believe we will find a digital footprint. I think the killer has accelerated, become confident/experienced in thrill kills, this was the BIG one.

All my opinion...

What is odd, to me....no evidence markers outside the home, including the upper balcony and all wiindows.

MOO....the person is experienced, left little/no evidence, didn't awaken roommates. I don't believe we will find a digital footprint. I think the killer has accelerated, become confident/experienced in thrill kills, this was the BIG one.

All my opinion...
I agree with experienced too. Everyone is saying it was a frenzied rage killing but he had to have some level of organisation and patience. Unless the reason he did it happened that night (unlikely IMO) then he would have had to wait until the house was relatively quiet. Neighbours said there was gatherings there 5 days a week, he waited til there was a quiet night.

All my opinion...

That is my fear too.
I'm leaning towards a Serial Killer in the PNW Oregon and Idaho. Curious about similar crimes in Eastern Washington now.
Maybe not stabbings but strange crimes maybe practice B&E without robbery, theft, or murder.
Didn't EAR start with peeping then worked up to B&E to move objects around, and unlock windows and sliding glass doors?
He broke in undetected during the day when everyone was at work, then returned later at night.
Crimes like that that didn't make the news, because nothing was stolen.
I cannot shake these two crimes possibly being connected. If I was on the Idaho case I'd drive over and start talking directly to the detectives on those two crimes ASAP. Uncanny coincidences all at 3 am, all left a survivor or two, all unsolved.

MOO....I'm leaning toward serial killer. I believe LE walked back the statement community was safe, after hearing from other LE agencies. LE noted in last presser ...other dept have reached out to us, when questioned about connections to the Washington couple. FBI brought in highly skilled professions quickly in this case.

All in small towns, young adults, all asleep, all at 3am, all on the 13th. This is a pattern, more than coincidence.

Here is another case, although 2k away, same MO...3am,13th, asleep, unsolved.

Charleston Police are searching for the person responsible for stabbing someone while they slept.
They say it happened before 3 a.m. on June 13, 2021, in the 1500 block of Edgar Drive.
interesting.. this makes 4 other cases now with the main facts in common being-
  • appears to have occurred on the 13th
  • happened around 3am
  • all unsolved stabbings
  • something new I just thought of: all have highways going through town. I’m not from the areas, so not sure if they are trucker routes?

interesting.. this makes 4 other cases now with the main facts in common being-
  • appears to have occurred on the 13th
  • happened around 3am
  • all unsolved stabbings
  • something new I just thought of: all have highways going through town. I’m not from the areas, so not sure if they are trucker routes?

This is just too creepy and uncanny. I have a feeling they must be related.
Do the articles have the exact addresses? If so there might be other patterns, close to a wooded area/park or creek etc...corner apts. I keep thinking of EAR he used a creek to throw off dog scent and to travel by foot or by little boat.

KG’s parents confirmed the two surviving roommates were on the first floor, for what it’s worth.
They also speak of the calls to the ex boyfriend saying KG’s repeated calls were nothing unusual, they have spoken of her penchant for repeat calls in other interviews as well, saying it was normal behavior. They say she was “24/7 on the phone”.

Bringing forward this post from previous thread [BBM] with attached video interview.

Thank you. Kaylee's brother said:

"We haven't spoken to the roommates, surviving roommates. And they were downstairs, just to clarify that for you, sir."

I'm not sure if he was making an assumption like the rest of us, or he knows for certain.

Either way I haven't heard LE say it.

Just to clarify, when people are saying "first floor" they mean the lowest level of the house? The equivalent of "ground floor"?

Almost certainly yes, (unless they’re from the UK.)

Note that since this is a hillside home, there are two ‘ground floors, making it not a useful label. The first floor is ground level at the front of the house; the second floor is ground level at the back of the house.

This is just too creepy and uncanny. I have a feeling they must be related.
Do the articles have the exact addresses? If so there might be other patterns, close to a wooded area/park or creek etc...corner apts. I keep thinking of EAR he used a creek to throw off dog scent and to travel by foot or by little boat.
good point, I’ll likely keep digging.

I’m starting to lean towards the scenario that if this is a serial killer passing through towns, it’s likely they are a trucker or work as a contractor moving from job to job. I would bet it’s likely they came across the girls working at the restaurant, or even were present at the bar watching K and M. all IMO, but very creepy and unsettling even if they are not connected.

If It were A stalker And LE had An idea or possibly A POI I doubt they would let this out publicly, LE tends to keep important thing close to the best, I know they said they looked into the stalker thing, And said they weren’t able to corroborate This, that’s a little differant than denying It wasn’t a stalker, I respect everyone’s opinion but, I still believe the person that did this knew at least one of his victims and probably all of them And felt comfortable going into a house where he knew most or all of them were prob passed out from a nite of partying, And most serial killers have a sexual component to their crimes, nothing has been mentioned about anything in a sexual manner

Sexual motivation does not necessarily mean sexual assault.

Just jumping off your post...

Could perp be a faculty member of U of I?

Just a thought...
I would never rule out faculty members. Last time I spent time at a state "U", 3 profs were having known affairs with students, and there were jokes a plenty from female students who had been hit on by profs and the younger assistant profs. I do tend to think jealousy and rejection played a part here, if only intense class envy towards college kids. Also I would not rule out a religious aspect, ie judgments against a possible more free lifestyle for most college kids than some fanatic may have approved of.

I wonder if they are looking into any off campus activities the kids may have had, volunteer activities, most sororities, in my experience, organize "altruistic" projects in the community.

Last edited:
If related, your point about the first murder being closest to home could be important. The killer is more within their “comfort zone”. And attacking one older woman was a confidence-building decision.

My theory about the general focus on K being ’targeted’ goes like this: once LE used the term, and very little else was known, it was understandable that many would look for which of the 4 had your typical ‘mystery story’ motive possibility. AHA! We have a recent breakup, calls to the Ex, and a victim only visiting before leaving for good! Kaylee at first seemed to provide the easiest ‘explanation’ for ‘targeting.’

But now the Ex has been essentially ruled out. So the spurned ex boyfriend motive isn’t working. Now there are many other variants of motives. So many!!!! I just pray that LE has much more substantial evidence to work with!

Personally, I’m intrigued by the killer’s movements: he went upstairs, but not downstairs. To me, that says at least one person upstairs was a target. If Ethan alone was the target, no need to go up there. But if the two girls who worked st the restaurant were targets, yes, he would have reason to go upstairs. Just one possibility.

But I still hold my orginal theory, that someone stopped by, all 4 had a brief nasty run-in with him. And drunk and furious, he came back.

yup, he didn't have his phone the night of the killing but he had his phone the previous times he stalked the house/victims and used their wifi. He wasn't counting on LE finding his IP address on the dates and times he visited before. That's probably how they zeroed in on him. MOO.

Agree- if they curbed the fear of 4 murders they may skip over public awareness about A stalker. It may tip him off, he may be a student, or local creep, or someone important, or someone out of state that stalked online.
It is possible the killer knew them or about them, but they did not know him. Between TicToks and other social media and Zillow and Google Earth someone could get fixated, and also map out home interior.
As crazy and creepy it is to imagine the killer may have worked up to this as a finale, may have entered the home prior to this event, when they were in class, or passed out after a night of drinking.

Rape isn’t so much sexual as it is control- a perp could get his jollies with a knife maybe a moral mission, or lack of working plumbing, or simply irrational because he is a nutcase?

I’m not thinking this is a hot head reaction to a slighting, or anyone on the food truck video, I’m thinking this was planned, maybe experienced, and would do it again.

Having killed E this puts a new twist to this crime, he wasn’t a small weakly, he was a tall athletic guy. Who could feel safe in their own home? Get a gun!
JMO
Prayers for the families, friends, students, community- the longer this goes on the tougher it will be for anyone to feel safe
Excellent post. Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member