ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t know that the police and fbi are in the dark. I personally think the case is all but solved at this moment and evidence is being organized. And if my theory is right, a large chunk of the solving happened quickly after the survivors were interviewed. Whether it was a random thrill kill or not.
IMO I am at the opposite end of thought.
What survivors are you speaking of? Anyone attacked was killed I believe? I guess maybe you mean witnesses? The 2 roommates that weren't attacked?
If thats what you mean I dont have much hope that after 2 weeks time those witnesses had much concrete knowledge that could point to a POI let alone a suspect.

LE has not mentioned anything suspicious about the dogs whereabouts, have they?
RSBM. No they haven't.

'Police revealed on Monday that a dog that Goncalves shared with her on-again-off-again boyfriend JD was in the house at the time of the attack.' Source.

BBM

Goncalves had a goldendoodle named Murphy that she shared with her ex, and people were concerned when it was revealed that the dog had been in the house at the time of the killings. Was Murphy OK? Why didn’t the dog bark and alert the victims? A collective sigh of relief was drawn when Idaho State Police spokesperson Aaron Snell told the Idaho Statesman that the dog is “healthy and fine.” Police removed the dog from the crime scene, and he is now being taken care of by family. Source.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a keypad lock like they have. Every time you lock or unlock it, it makes a noise. A loud whirring noise.

It is unmistakeable,

I wonder if the killer went in earlier and unlocked the sliding glass door.
One of the housemates disposed of the takeaway container from the food truck in the bin outside the glass sliding door. So at some point they had opened that door since they got home.

The kitchen stools obstructing the glass sliding door bother me, I listened to one news story and it it was mentioned that the glass sliding doors were now open and they weren't when the reporters got on the scene. I feel like the perp may have put those kitchen stools there and it's creepy as hell.

Attachments

• takeaway.jpg
    takeaway.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 134
It’s awful to even type this, but in that scenario, they were most likely crawling towards the door. Not all deaths are instant, bleeding out can be slow. :(
Not to mention, who is to say the killer left out this same door?!?

Judging by the layout of the house I also think it's possible that the assailant may have left from the third floor balcony, walked further to the back of the house on the side balcony and just dropped to the ground. The incline of the hill the house is built on is quite steep from front to back. You may only have to drop about 5 feet to the hill at back.
Maybe I am seeing different but the hill looks graded to me and the drop would be a standard drop.10ft or so. imo

There’s So Much LE Isn’t letting us know And For good reason, I do feel like they Have A suspect or A POI And He’s away on break just waiting for school to resume, that Is if it’s A student, For All we know, It could be A Handyman who recently worked on the rental, I’m sure LE is looking into all This, Also online any recent posts on social media, A stalker it’s not hard To get Someone’s address online these days, there’s just No privacy anymore, Sad, but It’s A fact We All Have To live with

One of the housemates disposed of the takeaway container from the food truck in the bin outside the glass sliding door. So at some point they had opened that door since they got home.

The kitchen stools obstructing the glass sliding door bother me, I listened to one news story and it it was mentioned that the glass sliding doors were now open and they weren't when the reporters got on the scene. I feel like the perp may have put those kitchen stools there and it's creepy as hell.
I agree with what you are saying I just don't see the container they used from the truck in your pic. The one from the truck looked like a foam "clamshell" container and the one in the pic looks more like a cardboard style chinese takeout. imo
I would also like to know about the stools. Not much mention of them.

I think LE said He Isn’t a suspect at this time, someone correct me If I’m wrong
He was my first suspect but I think he has been cleared so he is not a suspect even if he did it.
I think you two are discussing the driver that took them from food truck to home?
We know they had no car with them, and at least the one in black jacket (K or M?) is visibly intoxicated waiting at GrubTruckers.
It would seem they had three drivers-
- house to Corner Club
- Corner Club to Grub Truckers
- Grub Truckers to house
Did they use the same private driver? Maybe that is the case since LE has said the driver is not involved- and has not mentioned other drivers?
JMO

I noticed The stools I just figured LE put them there To let Investigators know not to enter so as not to trample evidence, Maybe I’m misunderstanding The post but If They weren’t there when Reporter arrived, how could the perp have put them there

There was a different photo of the crime scene a few pages back that showed a stool laying sideways on the ground in front of the sliding glass door.

I thought the dog was found in the home after police were called? Where is the information coming from that the dog was missing and that the roommates planned to organize a search party or that they didn't want to wake their roommates?
Pure speculation on my part. My apologies. See username.

I noticed The stools I just figured LE put them there To let Investigators know not to enter so as not to trample evidence, Maybe I’m misunderstanding The post but If They weren’t there when Reporter arrived, how could the perp have put them there
I don't think police would move objects to block a door to keep people out of an active scene. They have tape and stickers and what not for that. Not to say you are wrong. Just that if an officer did do that they should be disgraced.
I wish reporters would have asked about this and the stains on the exterior.

Could you point me in the direction of when they said this please?.

As I've transcribed the pressers I know they haven't mentioned once where the survivors were when the victims were attacked.

It can be assumed they were on the 1st floor, as LE have stated the victims were found on the 2nd and 3rd floors, but they've never actually said so.
Agreed, LE said the murders took place on the 2nd and 3rd floors, but not who was where even when specifically asked by reporters.

MOO

yup, he didn't have his phone the night of the killing but he had his phone the previous times he stalked the house/victims and used their wifi. He wasn't counting on LE finding his IP address on the dates and times he visited before. That's probably how they zeroed in on him. MOO.
I respectfully disagree. I don't think he took his cellphone any time he was there. I am wrong a lot tho lol.
"Thats probably how they zeroed in on him".
Zeroed in on who? You believe they have a suspect now?

snipped...
Reporters at a news briefing Wednesday asked Moscow police about the possible connection between the students’ slayings and a second unsolved stabbing, which left Travis Juetten dead and seriously injured his wife Jamilyn in Oregon.

Authorities say an intruder attacked the couple in their sleep around 3 a.m. on Aug. 13, 2021.

Travis Juetten, 26, fought back but succumbed to his injuries. His wife, who is 26 now, survived 19 stab wounds.

Sandra Ladd, 71, was found dead in her home in Washougal, Washington, on June 14, 2020, according to Oregon Crime Stoppers. Her death was ruled a homicide after the medical examiner found multiple stab wounds in her torso, Washougal police said at the time.

The two attacks happened 14 months apart but within 70 miles of one another. The locations are roughly a five-hour drive west of Moscow, Idaho

I was curious if these are actually similar, ages of victims is different, in different states, over a year apart. The similarities are interesting
-Entrance into private home
-Multiple stab wounds, deadly wound is to torso
-Timing of incident early hours of morning
-near 13th of month
-on weekend day
June 14, 2020 Sunday- 1 victim, SL 71 yrs old, alone, found on 14th, attack day?, break in?
August 13, 2021 Friday- 2 victims, TJ died 26 yrs old, ’break in” another person in the home unharmed
November 13, 2022 Sunday- 4 victims 20-21 yrs old, 2 others in the home unharmed

If these are related, there would be learning. What seems a mistake would be changed. Also could be progression to a more brazen act of more people?
JMO

Who would be most instrumental would be attack survivor JJ- it is reported it was a masked man who broke into their home

I cannot imagine her trauma, being attacked and her husband passing.
Prayers to all involved- hoping each day for an arrest

Last edited:
So it seems we don't know when they feel asleep, when they woke up, or whether they were awake and heard anything during the attacks.
Snipped for focus

I think it is important to go back and see the information that has been officially released by police. It is much less than what we think we know, which is based on statements made by family, people interviewed in the media and even just conjecture from people online. This stuff may or may not turn out to be true, but we just don't know at this point.

I am replying to a poster who stated there could be a connection between a murder committed exactly 14 monthe prior to this horrific ID murder...
Sorry that it may not be found in my reply...
New WS set-up has me a little confused...

Anyway...
Perhaps the perp has been in jail/prison for these 14 months...

I Do know that a sweet girl at a school where I taught was murdered by a recently released criminal...

Just a thought...
AND... MOO

This makes it more clear to me that the one or more of the four victims were specifically targeted, as apposed to the surviving roommates who seemed to be intentionally passed over.
I think it depends on if the killer went downstairs though. We still don't know that. It was asked at the last press conference but LE declined to comment and said it's part of the investigation. I don't think that means anything other than they are keeping every minute detail about the crime scene private for now.

I have just assumed that the killer either didn't know two more people were home or he rampaged through the house until he killed his target(s) then had no reason to be there any more and ran off. Perhaps he knew five people lived in the house, but coming out of his rage after completing the murders, he forgot not thinking clearly and ran off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67