ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the housemates disposed of the takeaway container from the food truck in the bin outside the glass sliding door. So at some point they had opened that door since they got home.

The kitchen stools obstructing the glass sliding door bother me, I listened to one news story and it it was mentioned that the glass sliding doors were now open and they weren't when the reporters got on the scene. I feel like the perp may have put those kitchen stools there and it's creepy as hell.
The stools are way weird. If you needed them moved for some reason, wouldn’t you just move them away from whatever, still upright? Unless each one was printed, examined for evidence etc, and then placed together. I have no idea how scenes are treated during investigation.

And anyone who says they found a source that states the dog was home, inside, during the murders, has found a source that stated such through inference. Definitive words have never been spoken by anyone in LE.

Pics. taken on the 14th Nov. Source

View attachment 382587

SS from drone footage 19th. Source

View attachment 382588

Obviously the stool was put there by LE. Appears to me it was used for extra security.
For sure - has to be LE. I always though they put those there as well because there was some part of the crime scene near there inside that they absolutely didn't want disturbed or accidentally walked over by someone on the team and since that's an entry point to the home, it was to remind other team members "don't enter through here".

Pics. taken on the 14th Nov. Source

View attachment 382587

SS from drone footage 19th. Source

View attachment 382588

Obviously the stool was put there by LE. Appears to me it was used for extra security.
Wow!!!Can someone verified or in the LE community comment on this? I am no expert, not even close! But this would seem to break protocol? Any one can chime in I would greatly appreciate. I gotta run for the day but hope to be back tonight.

Don’t people have passwords on their wifi most of the time? Or is that not the case there?
I think most adult, family homes have their wifi password protected, but I used to live in a college town and near the beach and in both locations people would be outside on the streets looking for a wifi signal. Maybe they couldn't afford wifi or were trying to hack one.

For sure - has to be LE. I always though they put those there as well because there was some part of the crime scene near there inside that they absolutely didn't want disturbed or accidentally walked over by someone on the team and since that's an entry point to the home, it was to remind other team members "don't enter through here".
Maybe A shoe print?

I think takes a long time to tranquilizer (sedate) a dog. It’s not by any means instant. I’m guessing 30 minutes.
Oral, yeah it can take awhile. I doubt this is the case, but an IM or IV shot can take effect in seconds. However, highly doubt some stranger (to the dog)/random person would have the drugs, equipment, and skill to do that especially without help. Some dogs just aren’t bothered by new/strange people, I think it’s more likely the dog either was let out or didn’t care about the killer’s presence and was then scared by the killings and hid. MOO

K’sister said in her 1st interview that when k got home she took the dog out. I assume she got this info from the same camera footage that showed her come home .
I thought this was said as stating K's habits, not as a fact of that night. Like "when K gets home, she always immediately takes the dog out" Maybe I am wrong.

Agreed, LE said the murders took place on the 2nd and 3rd floors, but not who was where even when specifically asked by reporters.

MOO
From what I can tell sleuths have pieced together the media reports, LE reports, social media images, floor plan, and images from the outside of the house, to figure out who lived in which room.
Even if we knew where each one ‘lived’ we could not conclude that is where they were when attacked, or that is where they were when found.

JMO

Last edited:
I was curious if these are actually similar, ages of victims is different, in different states, over a year apart. The similarities are interesting
-Entrance into private home
-Multiple stab wounds, deadly wound is to torso
-Timing of incident early hours of morning
-near 13th of month
-on weekend day
June 14, 2020 Sunday- 1 victim, SL, alone, found on 14th, attack day?, break in?
August 13, 2021 Friday- 2 victims, TJ died, ’break in” another person in the home unharmed
November 13, 2022 Sunday- 4 victims, 2 others in the home unharmed

If these are related, there would be learning. What seems a mistake would be changed. Also could be progression to a more brazen act of more people?
JMO

Who would be most instrumental would be attack survivor JJ
I cannot imagine her trauma, being attacked and her husband passing.
Prayers to all involved- hoping each day for an arrest
MOO....I'm leaning toward serial killer. I believe LE walked back the statement community was safe, after hearing from other LE agencies. LE noted in last presser ...other dept have reached out to us, when questioned about connections to the Washington couple. FBI brought in highly skilled professions quickly in this case.

All in small towns, young adults, all asleep, all at 3am, all on the 13th. This is a pattern, more than coincidence.

Here is another case, although 2k away, same MO...3am,13th, asleep, unsolved.

Charleston Police are searching for the person responsible for stabbing someone while they slept.
They say it happened before 3 a.m. on June 13, 2021, in the 1500 block of Edgar Drive.

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right. Are you saying that his IP address would show up on the router that was used at the girls house?

If he's managed to log onto their wi-fi then his IP address wouldn't show up on their router. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?.

It may show devices that have connected onto it.

Also, why would he log onto their wi-fi??.
It should have the mac address. But who knows how long the router's log would go back.

MOO on the 911 call, not that it matters much to the crime, is that a roommate either saw one of the victim’s room’s door open or simply tried to go into the room, but the door wouldn’t open all the way. They realized it was a person blocking the door and they assumed this person had passed out. I think the “friends called” was possibly a family member who lived across the street to come over to help. Once they realized the door wouldn’t open more and the person wasn’t waking up they called 911 about an ‘unconscious person.’ I don’t know if a 911 operator would stay on the line and ask them to force the door open to render aid or not, but if they did and they saw the crime scene, the call probably got distressing to say the least. Obviously MOO.

Edit: clarity

That makes much more sense now!

Please scroll past this comment if it has already been discussed, but were sniffer dogs used to scour the property, woods, etc.? <modsnip - no link> Asking this because it could mean the perpetrator left no personal items behind from the crime scene or could mean he dropped a glove, hat, etc. and LE has his DNA?

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s So Much LE Isn’t letting us know And For good reason, I do feel like they Have A suspect or A POI And He’s away on break just waiting for school to resume, that Is if it’s A student, For All we know, It could be A Handyman who recently worked on the rental, I’m sure LE is looking into all This, Also online any recent posts on social media, A stalker it’s not hard To get Someone’s address online these days, there’s just No privacy anymore, Sad, but It’s A fact We All Have To live with

Just jumping off your post...

Could perp be a faculty member of U of I?

Just a thought...

MOO....I'm leaning toward serial killer. I believe LE walked back the statement community was safe, after hearing from other LE agencies. LE noted in last presser ...other dept have reached out to us, when questioned about connections to the Washington couple. FBI brought in highly skilled professions quickly in this case.

All in small towns, young adults, all asleep, all at 3am, all on the 13th. This is a pattern, more than coincidence.

Here is another case, although 2k away, same MO...3am,13th, asleep, unsolved.

Charleston Police are searching for the person responsible for stabbing someone while they slept.
They say it happened before 3 a.m. on June 13, 2021, in the 1500 block of Edgar Drive.

Trying to see connections is hard because of high risk activities that may make a person more vulnerable to attack. Do they know people who deal in drugs, or an addict who steals.
It takes time for LE to figure that info out, and it may not be released.
We hate to imagine it is random, so lean on stats- and stats don’t work with serials.

How did these persons even get on the radar of a killer?

SLadd was 71 yrs old, retired school district employee, mother, grandmother

JMO

Actually, there may have been two empty rooms. Had K moved her stuff out yet? I think it's possible she was sleeping in her friend's room, especially given they were both on the phone.

Which raises the question, with one (possibly two) empty bedrooms, had any attempt been made to rent those rooms? Had they been advertised? Did anyone come to look at them? If so, a great opportunity to case the house.
Good idea! I was thinking about a place to hideout that no one would bother with (enter unexpectedly).

If you're able to crawl towards the door, why not just reach for your cell phone? Most likely at arms length from your bed anyway.

perhaps they left their cell phone somewhere else like in their jacket in the living room. Remember these are young college kids that spent the night out possibly drinking.
I'd leave my jacket, and purse in the living room when tipsy/drunk.

FYI: In no way I am judging anyone for going out, partying, or drinking. They were young and enjoying life. I'm glad they had fun that last night alive. :(

It's circumstantial but a big piece to the puzzle. The guy was stalking them, hiding out behind the house, waiting, watching in the dark. While he's back there, he's using his cell phone which accesses the victim's wifi. Could have started on a saturday in early September, then the same thing every Saturday night. A pattern emerges with this guy's IP address on the wifi at certain days at certain times. On the night of the killing, he leaves his cell phone home thinking the cops aren't going to put two and two together. The IP address is like a social security number for a device which is connected to his name.

And the cops right now have him under constant surveillance but will not tell the public they have a suspect so as not to spook him. Maybe make him feel at east so that he messes up.
Do you know if there was wifi for the house, or if, instead, each person had their own smartphone program? Not dismissing your theory, just wondering. A person would have to be within about 10 ft of my outdoor wall to use my house wifi, and have the password. How would he get the password in the first place?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member