ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If It were A stalker And LE had An idea or possibly A POI I doubt they would let this out publicly, LE tends to keep important thing close to the best, I know they said they looked into the stalker thing, And said they weren’t able to corroborate This, that’s a little differant than denying It wasn’t a stalker, I respect everyone’s opinion but, I still believe the person that did this knew at least one of his victims and probably all of them And felt comfortable going into a house where he knew most or all of them were prob passed out from a nite of partying, And most serial killers have a sexual component to their crimes, nothing has been mentioned about anything in a sexual manner
Agree- if they curbed the fear of 4 murders they may skip over public awareness about A stalker. It may tip him off, he may be a student, or local creep, or someone important, or someone out of state that stalked online.
It is possible the killer knew them or about them, but they did not know him. Between TicToks and other social media and Zillow and Google Earth someone could get fixated, and also map out home interior.
As crazy and creepy it is to imagine the killer may have worked up to this as a finale, may have entered the home prior to this event, when they were in class, or passed out after a night of drinking.

Rape isn’t so much sexual as it is control- a perp could get his jollies with a knife maybe a moral mission, or lack of working plumbing, or simply irrational because he is a nutcase?

I’m not thinking this is a hot head reaction to a slighting, or anyone on the food truck video, I’m thinking this was planned, maybe experienced, and would do it again.

Having killed E this puts a new twist to this crime, he wasn’t a small weakly, he was a tall athletic guy. Who could feel safe in their own home? Get a gun!
JMO
Prayers for the families, friends, students, community- the longer this goes on the tougher it will be for anyone to feel safe

You bring up valid reason, maybe this is why K made all those calls to her ex, there was a blow up at the house and someone stormed of angry then came back, From what I’ve read she k was sort of dramatic and it would explain all those calls to her ex, letting him know what happened at the house
Seldom post on this forum, my opinion only, regarding the phone calls, ex bf was out with someone else that night and K and M were informed of this while they were at the bar, (no reports on whether or not she messaged ex repeatedly while out) only the numerous calls once they were home, hence the reason no reply from ex bf.

I’m a little perplexed by the lack of reward almost 2 weeks on and such high profile :oops:
Rewards are rarely offered this early in an investigation, they usually come later after leads are exhausted, to bring attention back to unsolved cases that are cold or going cold.
Offering rewards while tips are pouring in to a high profile case can result in overload, having the opposite of the desired effect and bogging down investigators.
They are currently investigating about 1000 tips on this case.
Another problem with rewards is if the person is a witness, the defense can argue in court that the evidence is tainted by the financial incentive.
The majority of rewards offered do not actually result in payouts, many localities are as small as 0-2%. Crimestoppers report 10-20% are paid out, nationwide, out of millions on offer.

Unlocked NYT’s article:
1,000 Tips, No Suspects: Latest on the University of Idaho Killings The gruesome stabbing deaths of four University of Idaho students remain unsolved 10 days later. The police asked the public to continue sending tips.

Could Be they Have A suspect in mind and just waiting for Him to return from spring break So they can bring him in for a formal interview, meanwhile taking this time gathering more evidence, LE did say,” You Have to just trust us as to Why we believe this was targeted” I’ll go out on a limb and bet an arrest or A POI will be released in next 10 days, of course LE wouldn’t release a POI unless they were very confident An are Sat would be forthcoming and have this person under constant surveilanceIm just a novice and got to this case late, but it’s A fascinating case, Although very sad, everyone seems to have differant opinions and all very valid

I keep thinking this attack was well planned. IMO this perp likely had gloves and some outer covering of clothing. I also suspect he/she was not carrying a cell phone.
yup, he didn't have his phone the night of the killing but he had his phone the previous times he stalked the house/victims and used their wifi. He wasn't counting on LE finding his IP address on the dates and times he visited before. That's probably how they zeroed in on him. MOO.

yup, he didn't have his phone the night of the killing but he had his phone the previous times he stalked the house/victims and used their wifi. He wasn't counting on LE finding his IP address on the dates and times he visited before. That's probably how they zeroed in on him. MOO.
Who are you referring to?

Seldom post on this forum, my opinion only, regarding the phone calls, ex bf was out with someone else that night and K and M were informed of this while they were at the bar, (no reports on whether or not she messaged ex repeatedly while out) only the numerous calls once they were home, hence the reason no reply from ex bf.
I did not know this, And never thought about texting, if she made that many calls Then I’m sure there were many texts sent , well that explains that

I did not know this, And never thought about texting, if she made that many calls Then I’m sure there were many texts sent , well that explains that
Has This been confirmed? That he Was out on A date And the ex g.f K found out, or is this just an opinion, I haven’t read this anywhere but If it’s confirmed I think it’s important

Totally agree with this. The only thing the profilers had correct was that he could have been former military. Other than that, nothing else matched up.
I would just like to mention that the only profilers we have heard from are the paid talking heads for media. They have the same knowledge of this case or maybe less than us web sluethers.
The REAL profilers are working the case and not talking to media.

With 4 murders Done sloppily, per LE I’m sure They know A lot more than They’ve let out and I know very little about How Dtective work is conducted But The last thing LE wants Is for a POI to think They’re onto Him, So play The we don’t have a poi card, all the while gathering evidence and waiting for This person to come back from school break feeling confident He got away with It, You can’t just murder 4 people With a knife,( with todays tech IE forensics, And digital footprints) And get away with It, it’s very rare! Maybe 50 yrs ago, but not In todays world… JMO

Is This just an opinion?
My opinion only. They probably have the suspect in their sights but are building their case with circumstantial evidence to obtain a warrant for his house. Got him surveilled in case he buried the weapon and other evidence somewhere and goes back to retrieve it OR makes a move to strike again. Meanwhile they have extra patrols out to ease the public's mind since they have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

Believe that is an opinion. I believe her behavior at the food truck would have been different. It’s one thing to break up-but a whole other level of emotion if the ex starts dating. I’m starting to think it was because of the dog (why was the dog even there if she was just going back home?). Dog = ploy to see her ex-as parents have said.

The LE have clearly stated more than once that the survivors were asleep on the first floor.
Could you point me in the direction of when they said this please?.

As I've transcribed the pressers I know they haven't mentioned once where the survivors were when the victims were attacked.

It can be assumed they were on the 1st floor, as LE have stated the victims were found on the 2nd and 3rd floors, but they've never actually said so.

Believe that is an opinion. I believe her behavior at the food truck would have been different. It’s one thing to break up-but a whole other level of emotion if the ex starts dating. I’m starting to think it was because of the dog (why was the dog even there if she was just going back home?). Dog = ploy to see her ex-as parents have said.
Makes sense Can’t tell you how many times over the yrs, After a nite out with friends I’ve called a recent ex And vise versa, after getting home from a nite of partying, And ( meant in a respectful way) for all we know she wanted Him to come over ie booty call, It’s pretty commen with 2 ex’es to get together after a recent break up

I have a keypad lock like they have. Every time you lock or unlock it, it makes a noise. A loud whirring noise.

It is unmistakeable,

I wonder if the killer went in earlier and unlocked the sliding glass doo

Maybe the back sliding door wasn't locked. From other comments, it seems they were a little lax on that, since so many people could go in/out of the house and had front door code. It would have to be someone that had knowledge of the house dynamics. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper