ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His obit says he and his siblings started college Aug 2021

“In August of 2021, our family made the journey to University of Idaho to drop off all three of our kiddos at college. The boys, both Ethan and Hunter, joined the fraternity of Sigma Chi and Maizie joined Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority.“

JMO
It sounds like he was a freshman by credits. Not unusual and means he’d be listed as a freshman on any school official records etc.

MOO

Interesting…

“In August of 2021, our family made the journey to University of Idaho to drop off all three of our kiddos at college. The boys, both Ethan and Hunter, joined the fraternity of Sigma Chi and Maizie joined Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority.“

JMO

Sure, but college progression is dependent on credit hours and not years. That's why some people are in college for more than 4 years. Ethan likely just didn't have enough credits to be classified as a sophomore.

JMO.

I just want to say something that has been bothering me. A couple of days ago when the forum was obsessing about the 911 call, I theorized that one way it was possible to know your roommates were unconscious is if you knew they were in their rooms, but not responding to calls, texts and you knocking, and that maybe the killer had locked the bedroom doors.
now, everywhere I am reading I see people saying the doors were locked. Not as much on WS as on other forums, but here as well at times. So I want to make sure that everyone knows that the doors being locked WAS A THEORY I talked about and not supported by any statement by anyone official.

Did police specify which sliding door was used to gain entry?
Not that I’ve seen in MSM, but there are a plethora of pictures from the beginning of the investigation showing the slider into the kitchen being scrutinized & fingerprinted. Just a quick search for the house should bring them up. MOO

Interesting…

JMO- Warning: Don’t click on the video on the obit unless you are prepared with tissues.
These obituaries are too much. :-(

The only new speculation I have to offer is the possibility that a drone could have been used to spy on the students..either for a long time or just that day/night. Wouldn’t leave evidence. No need to risk waiting out in the cold or being caught spying.

I also thought I read that the two surviving roommates were out of town Saturday so killer may not have thought they were back—if he/she had knowledge of living arrangements.

I keep going back to the 1 hr timeframe and have no idea how they could say that before the autopsies were done—maybe a watch or clock that was broken during the attack?

As for the quietness of the attacks, if you have the stomach for it, search mall stabbing on Twitter. Young man is stabbed once—so fast you can’t even see it—he grabs his neck..stumbles and falls in seconds. Not a sound. I always pictured someone bleeding out a bit slower but even wide awake with a ton of people around—just no chance. Just a shocked look and an instinctive hand to the neck.

If asleep, fatally stabbed, woke up to fight back would only have a few seconds to respond. I pray it was so fast they didn’t suffer.

JMO

The only new speculation I have to offer is the possibility that a drone could have been used to spy on the students..either for a long time or just that day/night. Wouldn’t leave evidence. No need to risk waiting out in the cold or being caught spying.

I also thought I read that the two surviving roommates were out of town Saturday so killer may not have thought they were back—if he/she had knowledge of living arrangements.

I keep going back to the 1 hr timeframe and have no idea how they could say that before the autopsies were done—maybe a watch or clock that was broken during the attack?

As for the quietness of the attacks, if you have the stomach for it, search mall stabbing on Twitter. Young man is stabbed once—so fast you can’t even see it—he grabs his neck..stumbles and falls in seconds. Not a sound. I always pictured someone bleeding out a bit slower but even wide awake with a ton of people around—just no chance. Just a shocked look and an instinctive hand to the neck.

If asleep, fatally stabbed, woke up to fight back would only have a few seconds to respond. I pray it was so fast they didn’t suffer.

JMO
Drones are loud. Really loud.

I am of the opinion that if it was a stranger, the stranger is local to that neighborhood. The stranger has a great vantage point of their parking area, can see the comings and goings. He stalks them for a time. Maybe he sees Kaylee let the dog out in the back and doesn't lock the sliding door and that is normal routine. OR he's broken into the home previously through the back door while they are away and snoops around, gets intel (victim's names for instance). Stalks them online possibly.

He then decides to make his move that night. If it's locked it's locked, home is a few hundred feet away. But through his previous experience, he's counting on it being unlocked.

There's only a handful houses that have a nice direct view of the parking lot. There's also a house west on king road near the dead end that has a nice view. Again, MOO.

That whole residential area has surveillance on all road entry points. North you got footage from the schools, East you have a gas station, south you have to drive by a storage area with a camera next to the main road. A stranger following them home is going to be seen. MOO.
Good points. At that time in the morning, even in a college town, how many cars are on the road? I would think it would be super easy to view and track down most cars in the area from surveillance cameras, so I have to believe perp was on foot and lived nearby.

I just want to say something that has been bothering me. A couple of days ago when the forum was obsessing about the 911 call, I theorized that one way it was possible to know your roommates were unconscious is if you knew they were in their rooms, but not responding to calls, texts and you knocking, and that maybe the killer had locked the bedroom doors.
now, everywhere I am reading I see people saying the doors were locked. Not as much on WS as on other forums, but here as well at times. So I want to make sure that everyone knows that the doors being locked WAS A THEORY I talked about and not supported by any statement by anyone official.
Thanks for that clarification. I was going to post something about where did people get the bedrooms doors were locked. Also, saying a body was blocking the entrance to a bedroom. Smh

So how would that work in the Greek system? Would Ethan be a senior brother?
The length of actively “pledging” can vary widely depending on the organization, chapter, school, etc. Generally speaking, you are considered a pledge from the beginning of the semester until the beginning of the next semester, when new pledges come in. I’ve heard as few as six weeks up to 16 weeks; it really depends on the group. (School breaks can also add time that may vary semester to semester, etc.)

In this case Ethan would easily be a big brother; even if his credit hours say freshman he’s been enrolled long enough to have a pledge semester, member semester, and big brother semester (assuming that’s how the organization runs.)

Source: self in Greek system

I am curious about your husband’s thoughts on the use of the term “sloppy” by LE. This was said by LE early on (don’t have a link handy, was in early press conference by LE). I thought it was an interesting choice of words and I am wondering if “sloppy” means something specific to LE (or a psy-op for perp). Thanks!
I have not seen or heard an Le say the word sloppy, they were so evasive about almost everything. I did hear an interview of one of the victim’s parent description of the crime scene.

He thinks it’s very possible that everyone is forbidden from entering the property due to an on going investigation except for LE’s assigned to the case and some key people may be allowed (prosecutor, forensic etc) because that’s the usual protocol to protect the evidence.

So moo, it’s unlikely that parents have seen the crime scene.

Edit: regarding the word sloppy, (just wanna clear it up, I have not seen an LEs description of the crime scene, but IF they did, my husband said sloppy means the killer left a lot of trace evidence.

Last edited:
Good points. At that time in the morning, even in a college town, how many cars are on the road? I would think it would be super easy to view and track down most cars in the area from surveillance cameras, so I have to believe perp was on foot and lived nearby.

At the timeframe they are looking at, I wouldn't say much. I'm sure every car on camera would have been scrutinized pretty hard. I know one of the intersections I referenced (95/W Palouse River Road) has a traffic cam. You can google Moscow traffic cams and it's on there.

Yes it can be that, but it can also be as the result of fighting back. At the Sharon Tate murders, Wojciech Frykowski sustained the most stab wounds by far, but he wasn't a particular target compared to anyone else. As the killers later admitted, he just fought them like hell. So, he ends up with double and triple the stab wounds of the other victims on the scene.

If one of them was staged more elaborately than the others, that could also be a sign of that victim being a more primary target.
But it can still be the number of stab wounds or ferocity of the attack - and it would be apparent to LE because they know what to look for especially if only one fought back.

Perp could have used a bicycle?
Exactly, but even so with all those cameras plus any cameras neighbors have how many people are out at that time of the night? I would think LE could use the cameras as the perimeter of the crime scene and see anyones vehicle or anyone walking or biking in that area and then work inward to house. If nothing checks out you would have to figure either perp lives within that perimeter or hid until traffic,both cars and foot got busier and then made a getaway so cameras were less likely to detect him/her.

But with scarce light, it may not be as easy to see. Especially if recordings do not have night vision LED sources. And even with them, there is a limited range. I suspect there is a daylight image capturing the offender/offenders but no evidence to know who it is. They needed to know something about the house or cautiously spent time in the house before committing the offense. I suspect there can be dna in the entry ways of the home or near the entrance to the bedrooms. I would not expect a quick run in and attack but a slow methodical approach.

What are the benefits of committing the attack on the 3rd and 2nd floor. The doors entrance from the back and middle of the home. Entering from the back, entering and walking up a flight of stairs. Why did they leave the first floor survivors unharmed ? Perhaps just hedging their bets to escape without running into someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67