ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they weren't present. They were on a different floor and saw nothing. There were other people there when the 911 call was made, it's possible that these people saw more of the aftermath than the 2 unharmed roomies did. Someone else already said this, but the most valuable things they most likely shared with police were the comings and goings in the house, possibly tips on weird or creepy people who may have come in at a party. LE has already "cleared" certain people mainly because social media was all over them, possibly making them targets and putting their own lives and reputations in danger.
It is a legal term, the 4th A guarantees it to all citizens, and some states have heightened expectations. I am not sure that the expectation of privacy referred to by @CSIDreamer is regarding the 4A, but regardless, there is nothing that would require someone to speak to the media, and much harm can come from it. A little info, but you can do an interesting deep dive, too: expectation of privacy

and think about it this way: if you were one of the two surviving victims would you: 1. be more interested in protecting yourself and the details of the case that may help solve it, or 2. prioritize satiating the curiosity of tabloid readers, etc. for some fast cash? I'd choose option 1.

edited to take out name of specific publication
WADR to everyone who has responded to what I said.

I think maybe I was not being clear and been misinterpreted.

My response was to another poster who suggested that the details surrounding their lives could be an Important part of solving this crime. That in my view is correct.

People seem to think I'm saying they must speak to the police and/or the media. I am not saying that.

I am saying certain events in their lives are a matter of public interest. Sadly they were present even if unaware while a quadruple murder was occurring. What they may of heard or saw is of interest. Where they were and what they did is of interest.

Again to be clear I am not judging them or casting dispersions on their silence. They need to do what's right for them and I support that.

That being said I also believe they have a moral obligation or civic responsibility to help in any way they can. That is all I was saying and it was in response to a specific posters perspective. I hope that puts what I said in better perspective.

I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything wrong.

some thoughts by a first-time WSer...
LE have put out the meme that this was "sloppy," perhaps in an effort to unnerve the perp(s) ...but the lack of any leads (apparently) undermines that idea...
I think that the response by the housemates (calling friends first, etc.) may have corrupted the crime scene beyond repair...
the killer(s) seem(s) to be cold-blooded beyond all imagining and has very possibly already been interviewed and cleared...
a main argument in favor of the Salem, Washougal connection (besides method, etc) is that the perp(s) seem to be terrifyingly skilled at getting away with murder... super spooky

Trying to make anything about the senseless murders understandable is not possible, imo. I'm just trying to understand the behavior afterwards. At this point, we don't have any information to explain why friends were called before police...and we don't know how many other people were there before the police got there. From the early reports that the 911 operator spoke to "multiple" people on the 911 call, it sounds like they were all (operator too) trying to make sense of the scene. Recalling the Travis Alexander 911 call, several people talked to that operator too. Initially, that was another, 'are you kidding me' case (as it was several days before other friends that didn't live there had to go over and make the call.)
We don't know friends were called or present. It could have been the friends came by that morning because they had plans to do something or just dropped by to say hello. It was a self described party house.

We don't know friends were called or present. It could have been the friends came by that morning because they had plans to do something or just dropped by to say hello. It was a self described party house.
BBM. "On November 13th, surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person." King Street Homicide | Moscow, ID

occurred to me about the surviving roomates.
What where they doing with their weekend? Had they people over for drinks? Could it be possible the killer was already hidden somewhere in the house after pretending to leave?
On leaving, theyve left the door open, letting the dog out. The dog has been used to them being in the house and hant barked etc

LE has spent so much time and money on this crime. They're probably doing a good job. But I think they have no idea who did this. Why not post a $100k reward? Maybe someone knows something and would sell out a friend. They've got the manpower to follow up the leads.

But with scarce light, it may not be as easy to see. Especially if recordings do not have night vision LED sources. And even with them, there is a limited range. I suspect there is a daylight image capturing the offender/offenders but no evidence to know who it is. They needed to know something about the house or cautiously spent time in the house before committing the offense. I suspect there can be dna in the entry ways of the home or near the entrance to the bedrooms. I would not expect a quick run in and attack but a slow methodical approach.

What are the benefits of committing the attack on the 3rd and 2nd floor. The doors entrance from the back and middle of the home. Entering from the back, entering and walking up a flight of stairs. Why did they leave the first floor survivors unharmed ? Perhaps just hedging their bets to escape without running into someone else.
BBM. Exactly. The reporter for Court TV, Chanley Painter, who is there every night states just how "pitch black" it is there at night and how easy it would be to go unseen. Worth checking out their nightly reports on YouTube.

I think people are just trying to make sense out of the "unconscious person" on the 911 call.
MOO is that people are getting too hung up on the "unconscious person" description. The 911 caller may not have been comfortable checking to see if the person was deceased versus unconscious, especially with the traumatic scene they were walking into. Perhaps they knew someone was deceased but didn't want to believe it's true and weren't going to acknowledge it was true without someone else confirming (could be why they called others to come over before they called 911). In my mind, people are narrowing the potential scope of what was happening by jumping to that conclusion, when I don't believe there is enough information to jump to that conclusion.

I think people are just trying to make sense out of the "unconscious person" on the 911 call.
I'm trying to make sense out of the roommates not calling 911 before they called friends. The most recent suggestion I just read was that perhaps the friends came over without being called. That makes sense. I don't know why I thought the people who didn't live there were called before 911 was called.

But then, you have more than 2 adults in the home with four brutally murdered people. No one has heard the call... but anything less than 'my friends are DEAD' is inexplicable without locked doors, a missing dog.... I mean, at least one person there surely had some training in CPR..... and doesn't blood have a discernable smell to it, when there's a lot?

According to LE, “surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up”

The 911 caller may not have been comfortable checking to see if the person was deceased versus unconscious, especially with the traumatic scene they were walking into. Perhaps they knew someone was deceased but didn't want to believe it's true and weren't going to acknowledge it was true without someone else confirming (could be why they called others to come over before they called 911).
That just doesn't make sense to me. Either kids these days are just really really different, or there is no way someone would walk into a bloodbath and call anyone but 911.

JMHO

I’m not sure how you can state that so firmly as if it is fact.
The coroner said some had defensive wounds, so that doesn’t sounds like they were asleep.
They won‘t know what is under fingernails until they analyze what is under fingernails.
IMO
Defensive wounds does not mean the victim fought back.

I am of the opinion that if it was a stranger, the stranger is local to that neighborhood. The stranger has a great vantage point of their parking area, can see the comings and goings. He stalks them for a time. Maybe he sees Kaylee let the dog out in the back and doesn't lock the sliding door and that is normal routine. OR he's broken into the home previously through the back door while they are away and snoops around, gets intel (victim's names for instance). Stalks them online possibly.

He then decides to make his move that night. If it's locked it's locked, home is a few hundred feet away. But through his previous experience, he's counting on it being unlocked.

There's only a handful houses that have a nice direct view of the parking lot. There's also a house west on king road near the dead end that has a nice view. Again, MOO.

That whole residential area has surveillance on all road entry points. North you got footage from the schools, East you have a gas station, south you have to drive by a storage area with a camera next to the main road. A stranger following them home is going to be seen. MOO.
I know that there was a post or story ‘reel’ posted by one of the girls showing that one of the windows on the backside of the house either didn’t have a lock or the lock did not operate properly. However it has been bantered about that with it being a party house and ppl come and go, it could have been common knowledge the code to get inside the house. Sadly, if someone was stalking them and followed them on social media, they would have seen the post about the window.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member