ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking it might be because they are a lot easier to track that night, on top of K's sister being very open to public speaking. The sister pulled phone records right away, tracked down the uber driver, and the twitch stream was already out there just waiting for someone to post about it. If X & E's family has done that, they maybe gave everything directly to LE who have not released it. There seems to be a huge gap in their timeline, that for some reason is not being spoken about. I would think E's siblings might know more about their timeline being that he was at his sister's sorority party. But maybe they are being told not to speak about it.

K's sister is pushing hard for answers, and I do not blame her at all. Unfortunately, she has joined the club of strong sisters demanding answers for their siblings Like Sarah Turney, Georgia Moses's sister Angel, Kelsie German & Jenny Carrieri.
@layer has a really good point about Kaylee. I feel like the spotlight was on her from the jump with this case, even before her family became so vocal. I wonder why that is. It could be media bias that is way off topic for this site or it could be that she is the one who was targeted. Side note that she often seemed front and center in the roommate group. JMO

Agree @Justice101 thread #7 that is exactly the profile!

Also agree about the creepiness of zillow! And that first crime photo widely publicized showing the house and house number. Good luck renting that quadruple homicide house!

And I want to know why it’s so important to have the four back at 1.45 (even though M & K got back at 1.56 per sister’s info) and who knows when E & X arrived? Last spotting was 9pm sigma chi. And didn’t X’s dad say something about FaceTiming at midnight? Who does that? With their dad?

Can someone make me understand the relevance of the very used RR or the dog who is confirmed alive and with her dad, 12 threads in? Not being condescending at all, lol. I just haven't understood how they factor into any theory and I'm wondering what I'm possibly missing. IMO

Not sure if this was posted. Prosecutor was seen at police headquarters today (Thanksgiving) I wonder what warrented a trip there or if it's normal to show up on a holiday. I wouldn't think so jmo eta I saw FBI agents showed up at the station as well.

Last edited:
Nov 24 2022 rbbm.
''A legendary FBI profiler says the killer who butchered four University of Idaho students is a “younger” man who is a first-time killer and “comfortable with blood.”
Retired criminal behaviour expert Jim Clemente also told the New York Post that the homicidal maniac was likely known to one of the victims and lives in the area.''

“Going into an occupied dwelling with six young adults, any of whom could have a knife or a gun or a cellphone to call the police is extremely risky unless you know the circumstances inside.”

''Rapidly stabbing four people to death is not for the faint of heart, Clemente said, adding the killer could be a butcher or experienced hunter.''

''He believes the motive may have been down to a romantic rejection, revenge or “some kind of insult.”

Clemente added: “Somebody in this community knows him.”
VIDEO

''Former FBI agent discusses key evidence in University of Idaho student killings​

Former agent and FBI profiler Mary Ellen O'Toole discusses the murders of four college students at the University of Idaho with CBS News' Vladimir Duthiers and Elaine Quijano. She discusses what evidence investigators may be looking at in their search for the killer or killers.NOV 23, 2022''
Clemente is kidding himself & the reader.
I remember when the FBI profilers were looking for a "white" male during the DC sniper attacks.
When they're wrong, they never admit it.
What are the chances that any of the four victims knew someone who was willing to butcher people in cold blood? Doesn't make sense.
It's a random thrill kill.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11' ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

I don't know if this is easy to read, however, the MPD SHOULD IN MY OPINION, document every stop, every contact if they aren't.

I see "no report " on many calls for service. I hope to high heaven, every contact with or stop of a civilian they document it and that individual's information.

It is good for the uniform officers to CYA and the department CID can decide if a follow up is necessary
No report means there's no report. All of their dispatch communications and usually a short one liner is input by dispatch to document everything.

"And up to $1 million has been made available to the investigation by Gov. Brad Little, Colonel Kedrick Wills announced Wednesday. The governor is a graduate of the university."

Up to $1million sounds like an incredible sum until you remember there are four victims here. That's possibly less than $250K each. Investigations are expensive.

@layer has a really good point about Kaylee. I feel like the spotlight was on her from the jump with this case, even before her family became so vocal. I wonder why that is. It could be media bias that is way off topic for this site or it could be that she is the one who was targeted. Side note that she often seemed front and center in the roommate group. JMO
In friend or group setting you normally have one person that is the Alpha or someone that the groups centers around. It looks as if Kaylee was this person. So I guess it makes sense that she would be the focus at least from the start.

It is strange, it seems like the focus has been on them, and particularly K, since the beginning. Not sure why...
K bc she was back in town for just that day and overnight. Can't find the most recent timeline but she was in a whirlwind of change and promise having just accepted a job in Austin and leaving on a trip for Europe. Does anyone have a verification? I recall reading she had finished her degree requirements earlier than the other seniors around her.

In the last thread, @rahod1 put up this post.

Here is a little more info about why the police are looking at similarities between the two cases .......

"Both unsolved cases involved a suspect armed with a knife breaking into a home at around 3am and attacking victims while they slept in their beds.

Both murders took place on the 13th of the month.

Also in both cases, other people were home at the time of the killings and were left unharmed."

Mother of murdered Oregon man speaks out after police reveal possible link to Idaho student slayings
This definitely looks significant.

In friend or group setting you normally have one person that is the Alpha or someone that the groups centers around. It looks as if Kaylee was this person. So I guess it makes sense that she would be the focus at least from the start.
For sure. Just seems funny how little we know about the other victims in comparison, particularly 10+days out.

Indeed! With all the cameras everywhere....you can't go half a block without some sort of security camera recording you. I don't see how anyone that moves around can't be tracked just by security, traffic and private phone cameras pointing every which direction 24/7.
Agree. My crime junkie friend and I were just discussing this. The high tech world we have now makes it very difficult for serial killers (and other criminals) to operate. Or so I thought.
The two other unsolved stabbings in the area have me rethinking this presumption, as does the Ted Bundy Chi Omega "feel" to this crime.

Can someone make me understand the relevance of the very used RR or the dog who is confirmed alive and with her dad, 12 threads in? Not being condescending at all, lol. I just haven't understood how they factor into any theory and I'm wondering what I'm possibly missing. IMO
Dog significance: if let out before M&K got home, possibly perp was in house already while roommates were out, hiding, and put him out so wouldn’t bark later.

I think the dog part is because, well, people like dogs. But also, there is an assumption that the dog would have barked. But my last dog would never bark at a person, just mongooses! So I don't really think the dog is relevant but I am glad he is being taken care of.

I think the murder rate is down due to DNA. Many murders (esp serial killers) are sexually oriented. DNA obtained in sex assault cases, assures that predators are off the streets earlier. It's hard to catch the perps "on camera", because what they do is so sneaky. When they go to the store, the gas station, the bank etc, they look like everyone else on CCTV.

For sure. Just seems funny how little we know about the other victims in comparison, particularly 10+days out.
Kaylee's family has been more outspoken from the start so that might be part of that. But, also it may be the way the evidence in the case is leading LE. But I do agree that she seems to be the focus.

I have a keypad lock like they have. Every time you lock or unlock it, it makes a noise. A loud whirring noise.

It is unmistakeable,

I wonder if the killer went in earlier and unlocked the sliding
I have a keypad lock like they have. Every time you lock or unlock it, it makes a noise. A loud whirring noise.

It is unmistakeable,

I wonder if the killer went in earlier and unlocked the sliding glass iv

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong to respond to these posts (total newbie here)

I feel as if there’s a strong possibility that the killer could have already been in the home before they all arrived.

I would really like to hear a professional serial killer profiler look at the possible connection of these three unsolved stabbings in the Pacific Northwest. All three occurred on the 13th of the month:

Washougal, WA—Sandra Ladd June 13, 2020 stabbed in torso

Salem, OR —Travis and Jamilyn Juetten were awakened from their sleep around 3:00 a.m. on Aug. 13, 2021, to an unknown assailant attacking them with a knife.

Moscow, ID— Quadruple homicide with fixed-blade knife Ethan Chapin, Xana Kernodle, Madison Mogen, and Kaylee Goncalves Nov. 13, 2022
Exactly 14 months apart. Either that's one heck of a coincidence or there's more to it. Is there anything in the northwest that runs on a 14 month cycle? Something like a military deployment, or something that would shut down at set intervals for scheduled maintenance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BunnyLugsCacti