ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the dog had been in the house at the time of the murders, the dog would likely be covered in blood. He would have trekked through it, had paw prints all over the house, he would have licked the people's faces. I think the dog was let out as the perp was coming in. That would prevent the dog from barking, fighting back, making noise, etc.

I agree with all that. I just don't think that the cops not releasing that type of info proves anything about their competence.

I think more of what you said favors my point.
And if they can't narrow the time that the dog went into city, county or state control, within 12 hr window,due to releasing to much info during an on going investigation, I just feel mayhaps the investigation don't know.
That was a run on sentence.

Not sure how it favors your point, but I think it's just best to agree to disagree.

If they refuse that would be a red flag for LE I would think. Most who have been cleared are friends of victims, except for maybe the uber driver, the person who drove them home and the food wagon, but if they are not arrested I don't think their DNA becomes part of a data base, so why not?
Sounds way too Patriot Act for me…..But if someone is okay with volunteering their DNA, I mean, that’s their choice.

That said, if I was asked for my DNA to help ID a possible family member, I’d probably do it.

The Daily Mail is an approved source here but they are, as someone above said, misinterpreting the facts.

What I love about WEBSLEUTHS is that it is very strict as to what can and cannot be posted. It keeps speculation to a minimum and doesn’t contribute to false or misleading information.

The only downside to that is not being able to post developments that are not in the media yet, because a lot has come to light today.

MOO

Just my two cents, but mass media has to have two reputable sources. Reddit doesn’t even have to have one. Some True Crime YT channels use each other as sources, so rumors catch like viruses. Some YT channels are their own reputable source- they create facts.
Also, lots of people in YT chats or channels don’t distinguish between primary sources and secondary sources and rumors. Some people in YT chats are unclear how to use certain words to convey the accuracy of information.
I know for a fact this is true because the source is legit
I think this may be true but I’m not 100% sure
I feel and believe in my heart- so it must be true- I have special powers
I heard someone say this and I agree with them- so it must be true
I want this to be true so badly- so I am saying it is
Here it seems people are much more careful, and if they aren’t sure they add these letters to cover their ars just in case.
Just My Opinion, My Opinion Only

<modsnip - blanket disclaimers are not allowed by TOS>

Last edited by a moderator:
Have we ruled out any connections to marijuana you know people in non-recreational states still do kill over weed.

In my view, drug dealers, as vicious as they can be, aren't going to kill folks in their sleep. Even the cruelest, most sadistic of the lot would want them awake. Killing sleeping victims is a whole other pathology altogether, and also brings females and physically unimposing males into play.

My opinion.

I recall that LE used this technique of asking men to voluntarily submit their DNA during the high profile murder case of Christa Worthington. Detectives working the case got lucky and it turned out it was the local garbage collector.
Also the Napa killings of Adriane and Leslie. LE overlooked E.C

Just my two cents, but mass media has to have two reputable sources. Reddit doesn’t even have to have one. Some True Crime YT channels use each other as sources, so rumors catch like viruses. Some YT channels are their own reputable source- they create facts.
Also, lots of people in YT chats or channels don’t distinguish between primary sources and secondary sources and rumors. Some people in YT chats are unclear how to use certain words to convey the accuracy of information.
I know for a fact this is true because the source is legit
I think this may be true but I’m not 100% sure
I feel and believe in my heart- so it must be true- I have special powers
I heard someone say this and I agree with them- so it must be true
I want this to be true so badly- so I am saying it is
Here it seems people are much more careful, and if they aren’t sure they add these letters to cover their ars just in case.
Just My Opinion, My Opinion Only

<modsnip - blanket disclaimers are not allowed>
Agree with all of the above which is why I didn’t want to add to the speculation or make the mods jobs more difficult. It’s very important to stick to the facts here and I think it’s the best way to go about things, even if it means being a little late.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
If they refuse that would be a red flag for LE I would think. Most who have been cleared are friends of victims, except for maybe the uber driver, the person who drove them home and the food wagon, but if they are not arrested I don't think their DNA becomes part of a data base, so why not?
I don’t think refusal would be a red flag necessarily, at least not to me. In the eye of the media yes- and LE, probably just a tactic to increase pressure- like polygraphs.

If LE wants to get a DNA sample they can present their reasons to a judge and get a warrant.
A request speeds the process, makes a person look cooperative, reduces suspicion In the eyes of the media and LE.

I don’t think being ‘cleared’ by LE actually means anything, but it seems to make the media feel better about people so it reduces public suspicion. From an LE standpoint I think it means diddly

I’m not sure what I would advise my son to do if he was part of a community that was asked to give DNA to catch a rapist.
I can see two opposite sides that would be ethically sound.

IMO

For one person to kill four people with a knife in like 15 minutes would take almost an Olympian level of physical conditioning. Or a soldier with previous experience in urban combat during wartime. So I think that we are looking at two or more people doing this.

So glad you posted that re: all 4 victims being murdered in their beds not being accurate.

Repeatedly ppl are claiming "they were all asleep". "All in their beds", etc.

If a victim was not murdered in bed, not much chance of their having been asleep.

Yes I know where these contradictory accounts came from in the first place. LE and the coroner, imo.
I am guessing that they were all asleep in bed when each of the attacks started. Some may have been killed without even waking up. At least one woke up while being attacked (X's defensive wounds). It is possible that one was able to get out of bed, either during or after the attack, and succumbed to their injuries "off the bed".

It certainly wasn’t the last case, but the Gainesville Murders check every box, there.

As I have shared before, I was a student at UF at the time, and a stone’s throw from Tracy and Manny’s (the final victims) apartment. It was terrifying to live there, with so many apartments backing up to wooded areas and with sliding glass doors and flimsy front doors locks and poor lighting. None of the victims seemed to be involved in high-risk behaviors (which was true), and none of them had any connection to the killer, Danny Rolling. It literally could have been ANY of us.

One interesting fact about Rolling: he showered and cleaned up in the apartment of his first (Gainesville) victims, Sonja and Christina and posed their bodies. Apparently time wasn’t an issue for him.

It does make me wonder if the lack of bloody footprints/ smudges visible on the outside of the house was due to the killer showering after the attacks. That speaks to a level of calm that is frankly terrifying. (Jodi Arias was thought to have showered off in the stall with Travis’ dying body, wasn’t she?)

Sorry for the rambling…..ADHD getting in my way!
If showering occurred, that would make noise and possibly wake others, though they might have just thought it was one of the real roommates. All but the most hairless people lose hair showering and then there are skin flakes. AND if you shower, what do you use to dry off? Towels that you steal? And then you brought a change of clothing and a bag to remove your bloody clothing from the building? I think showering would actually leave DNA. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper