ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had it with them. I'll give them credit that they have a ton of pics from breaking news stories.....but these details shouldn't be stated as fact in the article....unless we ALL missed something.

From the article:
Autopsy results showed all four died from stab wounds to the chest, with police saying the murder weapon was a large military-style knife which still hasn't been found.

Kaylee's dog Murphy survived the attack unscathed and didn't make a sound, while the first Dylan and Bethany knew of their roommates' fate came after 11am when they woke up and went upstairs to find them dead.

So....the dog was there, yet unharmed...all were stabbed directly in the chest....and the surviving roomates found the rest dead. That should answer half the questions on these threads (insert eye rolling emoji).

They’re just making stuff up. Then they repeat it 5x in same article. But they definitely get the pics!

also- if she is moving to TX, why move her things to home and then move them again? maybe move them to TX when her job is to start?
Perhaps if she kept them there in Mosocw, she'd have to pay for a whole new semester's rent just to house her stuff, so she moved everything out and back home....?

A targeted attack doesn't mean one specific person was targeted or that the victims were even known to the killer 5 minutes before he decided to target them. It could just mean how they were killed - in bed and asleep. Maybe they were posed afterwards or there was bizarre scribbling in blood on the wall. That indicates targeting as well.

My opinion.

Have we ruled out any connections to marijuana you know people in non-recreational states still do kill over weed.

Can anyone come up with the precise language used by LE regarding the crime scenes on each of the floors?

For the past couple of days the written image of a statement keeps resurfacing in my thoughts (even intrusively) indicating that evidence was found on the 2nd and 3rd levels, PRIMARILY-- or some language to that effect. I don't know if this was a media statement, or a poster here's language selection, but it's staying with me and I can't find it from the horse's mouth, LE. Can anyone clarify?? tia

Do we "know" if the suspect was ever on the first floor????

And has anyone heard if either Maddie or Kaylee got refused service at the Corner Club? I would be surprised if they hadn't with how visibly intoxicated they were. A lot of places have strict laws with responsible service of alcohol and big fines for not adhering to it. Maddie was clearly more intoxicated and was stumbling over her feet and bumping into people on the Twitch video.
IMO, I don't think that either M or K looked so intoxicated that refusing service would have been warranted. I know there is an interview with a food truck patron circulating via DailyMail where he (very rudely) describes their level of intoxication, but I don't even think they seem that drunk in the food truck video. And besides, it's par for the course to get really tipsy at local dive bars. They were obviously able to stand, walk, and get safely home (the "private party" who drove them home has been ruled out by LE as a suspect), so I don't think speculating on their level of intoxication is productive at this point. All IMO.

Have we ruled out any connections to marijuana you know people in non-recreational states still do kill over weed.
This is an extremely unlikely scenario. Weed is cheap compared to other drugs. And these kids do not seem like the type of people to be dealing or “moving” enough marijuana for them to be targets of a crime like this. Weed dealers are very lax even in illegal states. They aren’t gonna commit 4 homicides over an amount of money that’s unlikely to be over like $5k

I’d just hope that there would be pretty concrete, indisputable evidence that would cause investigators to conclude that these two cases are unrelated… I hope that conclusion doesn’t just come from being committed to a particular working theory about this case.
My opinion is that in order to conclude that two cases are related, investigators need "pretty concrete, indisputable evidence" indicating a concrete, indisputable connection.

Brian Entin hosted a Twitter Spaces conversation with his producer and a former FBI agent earlier today. It’s interesting to listen to. There’s no new info (and some misinformation - they state the dog was in the house when the murders occurred and I don’t think we know that yet), but it’s really interesting to get the former FBI agent’s take on some of the questions we’ve had. There’s one thing I’m hoping she’s wrong about though. She thinks the police are saying it’s targeted possibly because one of the victims was mutilated or decapitated :(

Brian says he is traveling there tomorrow and will start reporting on Monday. He said he wanted to go earlier but some family stuff got in the way and he has been traveling a lot so it wasn’t the right time until now.

View attachment 382847Moo, you’re right. I was under the assumption that they were tracing where the perp may have drove after the murder but since you put it that way it makes sense. I tried my best to pin point the location in the map- I hope someone would correct me if my map is off. These are the places LE needs surveillance between 3am and 6am.

The locations give are directional boundaries of an area, to be connected as a path of travel.
When I looked at it on Google Maps it is squarish about a mile across, all except from the house to Taylor is to the south of the house.
SO if you draw a line W to East at Taylor Ave that is your northern side of the square.

Moscow PD Update shows, and they have a map that has a zoomed in area but the streets are illegible for my old eyes.
  • West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
  • West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
  • Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
  • Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)
JMO

Huh? How do you know things have come to light today if these things are not in the media? Or am I not understanding what you say? Or are you local and hearing things?
I am not local. I noticed something posted a few pages back on this thread (that seems like it was permitted to stay) and did some follow up research on other social media sites.

...... Saturday, November 26, 2022

View attachment 382844
"A local reporter said they were state forensics investigators who photographed the tracks. It was revealed Goncalves and Mogen got a ride home from a mystery individual after visiting a food truck, with cops now hunting for that driver. Latah County Prosecuting Attorney Bill Thompson said Saturday that law enforcement is trying to 'expedite everything' that could solve the case, the first murder recorded in the city of Moscow in seven years."

That person was cleared early on per first press release.
Welp, then, I am totally confused as to why it says (see red print above) that they're hunting for that driver. Sometimes it seems the media gets some insider info, and yet other times they just seem to make it up sloppily, so it's hard to tell. Know what I'm talking about? I can't imagine why they'd be taking measurements of the tire tracks, etc., and wonder if it's just for show.

It’s a college campus with a legal store literally just across the state line (Floyd’s) that is very popular. You may have to show ID, but it’s not illegal to sell to Idahoans where it’s illegal. And, no, the cops don’t stake it out looking for Idaho plates to bust as they cross back.

Source: personal experience. Or something.

Welp, then, I am totally confused as to why it says (see red print above) that they're hunting for that driver. Sometimes it seems the media gets some insider info, and yet other times they just seem to make it up sloppily, so it's hard to tell. Know what I'm talking about? I can't imagine why they'd be taking measurements of the tire tracks, etc., and wonder if it's just for show.
I believe they are testing tire tracks to possibly compare to a different vehicle, not the one who took the girls home. Also good to have tracks on file if right outside of the house so could probably just be procedure. AFAIK, the driver remains cleared by LE.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member