ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the 2nd floor bedroom where the young couple were sleeping sat directly below one of the bedrooms belonging to K or M? If so, it's easy to imagine that personal items such as a small lamp, cell phone or other personal items could have hit the floor during the stabbings, and one of girls fell from their bed. This coupled with the killer's own footsteps rushing around on hardwood floors, alarmed the young couple enough to get up and investigate the noise. (Sorry if this has already been discussed but I I'm hopelessly behind on these threads)

I didn't know LE was hunting for the driver that gave the two women a ride home from the food truck. Mentions tire tracks and show rubber marks. I can't imagine it'd help. As far as in front to the house, their driveway and parking spots as far as I understood it, LE said were gravel.

Saturday, November 26, 2022
1669503977161.png

"A local reporter said they were state forensics investigators who photographed the tracks. It was revealed Goncalves and Mogen got a ride home from a mystery individual after visiting a food truck, with cops now hunting for that driver. Latah County Prosecuting Attorney Bill Thompson said Saturday that law enforcement is trying to 'expedite everything' that could solve the case, the first murder recorded in the city of Moscow in seven years."

Sorry, I don’t know how to shorten your post, but I made bold the sentences that caught my attention. I think LE is trying to get any video that would perhaps verify that a person who gave an alibi of heading out of town shortly after 2 am had actually driven out of town in the direction they said they went. MOO. Sort of on the lines of if you don’t see something you’d expect to see, then it throws up a red flag.
4E38C419-2136-427B-8BDA-66879F7BC44D.jpegMoo, you’re right. I was under the assumption that they were tracing where the perp may have drove after the murder but since you put it that way it makes sense. I tried my best to pin point the location in the map- I hope someone would correct me if my map is off. These are the places LE needs surveillance between 3am and 6am.

It seems, more and more to me, that this was a methodically executed and senseless crime, and the perpetrator was likely not a close friend or anyone very well-known to the victims. Like others in the thread(s), I think this was likely someone on the periphery of one of the victims' lives; someone who felt rejected or had the impression that they had something to prove.
I absolutely agree.
Cannot imagine being local to the area during this time.
Jeez ,I can't even begin to imagine. Not just the students, but the locals must be petrified as well.
And the nights getting darker and the weather getting colder won't help. Less chance to see anything nefarious going on, and people are wearing hats and hoods. Even more anonymity for the perp. Although personally I think he's long gone, but who can be sure? Everyone in Moscow must be suspicious of everyone and everything now. I myself would be terrified of any noise I heard at night.

Bumping this up for those who may have missed the most current LE update.
While I agree that I do not believe all of these cases are related, I also do not 100% reject the idea of that this case may be linked to the one in Salem... regardless of what LE is stating… they may be so stuck inside their own theory they may not be able to see the forest for the trees. Just saying, it’s certainly possible, and wouldn’t be the first time. There are a massive amount of similarities, and if I were them, I would be speaking to the surviving wife and the family friend who was staying over in their home on the night of the attack about what they saw that night. I’m not saying it’s definitely the answer, I think that there are a myriad of possibilities as to what the truth could be here, but I would certainly not be so quick to dismiss that one, not without digging SUPER deep first. I feel terrible for that couple… the surviving wife, and their family… I did a lot of digging into it and the impression was as though their case has all but been forgotten. I understand that law-enforcement has a lot more information than we do, and that there are tons of competent people and departments involved in this investigation, so I’d just hope that there would be pretty concrete, indisputable evidence that would cause investigators to conclude that these two cases are unrelated… I hope that conclusion doesn’t just come from being committed to a particular working theory about this case.

I don't think so - that information (if known) has not been released to the public.
Again, articles are stating certain things as facts from LE. Not so. Locations of victims, other than two on the second floor, and two on the third, were never disclosed. I’m still fuzzy on which room was the vacant bedroom on the second floor. Pretty simple to figure it out, but I don’t believe it was disclosed by LE.

Hold up.......

I swore the PRIVATE PARTY that gave them a ride home was not considered a suspect....yet now they're hunting for the "mysterious individual".

C'mon Daily Mail.....

THE PURSUIT

No one has been arrested.​

Investigators have yet to identify a suspect. They have, however, preliminarily ruled out several people, including:

• A man seen with Ms. Goncalves and Ms. Mogen in the video footage at the food truck.
  • The man who gave Ms. Goncalves and Ms. Mogen a ride home.
  • The two surviving housemates, who were in the house during the attack.
  • The friends who were called to the house by the surviving housemates the morning after the attacks.
  • Mr. DuCoeur, the former boyfriend of one victim.
  • The victims themselves.

DBM opinion....my bad

I didn't know LE was hunting for the driver that gave the two women a ride home from the food truck. Mentions tire tracks and show rubber marks. I can't imagine it'd help. As far as in front to the house, their driveway and parking spots as far as I understood it, LE said were gravel.

Saturday, November 26, 2022
View attachment 382844

"A local reporter said they were state forensics investigators who photographed the tracks. It was revealed Goncalves and Mogen got a ride home from a mystery individual after visiting a food truck, with cops now hunting for that driver. Latah County Prosecuting Attorney Bill Thompson said Saturday that law enforcement is trying to 'expedite everything' that could solve the case, the first murder recorded in the city of Moscow in seven years."
That looks like asphalt to me not gravel

Again, articles are stating certain things as facts from LE. Not so. Locations of victims, other than two on the second floor, and two on the third, were never disclosed. I’m still fuzzy on which room was the vacant bedroom on the second floor. Pretty simple to figure it out, but I don’t believe it was disclosed by LE.
You're right -- NYT fooled me the other day, stating that K's ex bf was not a suspect in advance of LE's announcement.

Not exactly sure what you're saying, but I was just responding to the other poster -- both in MSM, and in information directly from LE, we do not know in what order the victims were killed / attacked.

Exactly! Trivia for you Crime Junkies
What and When was the last case where all these things happened?—
- multiple people killed
- brutally killed
- In their own residence
- in an urban area, there are neighbors
- during the night
- victims have no criminal history
- no connections to drugs, mafia, cartel
- no burglary
- no sexual assault
- no one seems to have heard or seen anything
- two weeks goes by without any POI

This situation is quite rare, how can anyone feel safe if they cannot ensure their own safety in their own home?
That is why this has our attention, IMO
This is an interesting question....

Keddie Cabin Murders - 1981

McStays, was it ever determined if they were killed in the home or at the burial site? 2010

The Collins family just this year

Possibly the Hendricks family, depending on your view of David's guilt or innocence. 1983

The Rhoden murders...

Another from this year...

A 2014 case...

Possibly the Feeney family...

1992 case with unrelated (non-family) victims, although drugs may be involved...

Russell and Shirley Dermond...

There are a couple others I remember, but don't remember enough details to find them now.

I think this sort of thing happens more than we realize.

But he may have left that way. There is a hill below that reduces the distance to the ground, but would probable have blood on or around it.
I would think that if he (or she!) had escaped that way, there would be blood stains over the white balcony, at least on the floor or hand rail. But there doesn't seem to be much evidence of blood. No handprints, footprints, or dripping trails from the knife etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper