ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think killer had a well-prepared murder plan?

I think he wanted quick in and out. Likely entered through 2nd flr sliding door. Immediately killed 2nd flr residents to prevent their interference. Next, went up to 3rd flr, killed remaining victims. Quickly proceeded back down to 2nd flr and exited where he came in. my opinion. Agree with LE that victims were targeted.

Sorry, I don’t know how to shorten your post, but I made bold the sentences that caught my attention. I think LE is trying to get any video that would perhaps verify that a person who gave an alibi of heading out of town shortly after 2 am had actually driven out of town in the direction they said they went. MOO. Sort of on the lines of if you don’t see something you’d expect to see, then it throws up a red flag.
Who does LE think left town after 2am??

I just had a flash after reading your post… I would think every resident of the gray apartment complex across the road has been investigated/considered. However, perhaps there was a party or small gathering at one of those apartments that night. The specifics are just speculation now, but that may explain why/how someone may have seen K, M, X, or E and from which vantage point. Standard MOO, of course.
It's
The wording has always made me think that someone was found on the floor next to a bed or close to a bed, maybe rolled out during a short struggle after the initial attack. Of course JMO.

Does anyone else think killer had a well-prepared murder plan?

I think he wanted quick in and out. Likely entered through 2nd flr sliding door. Immediately killed 2nd flr residents to prevent their interference. Next, went up to 3rd flr, killed remaining victims. Quickly proceeded back down to 2nd flr and exited where he came in. my opinion. Agree with LE that victims were targeted.
I was thinking along the same lines but I'm not sure who was killed first. Definitely well-planned, not something as a result of anything that occurred that day or any recent event. He had to take into account and plan for the number of people there in the house, and the dog. JMO.

I was also thinking about that… My first thought was that he was looking at the window lock… I seem to recall law-enforcement stating that the victims had been found in two bedrooms only… it looks like this window he is looking out of is from Madison’s room? Which is where her and Kaylee were sleeping? I have wondered why on earth there wasn’t a ton of blood seen near the sliding glass door downstairs (if we’re assuming the killer exited there)… I also wondered why surviving roommates/friends who called 911 would have reported unconscious person, if there was a massive amount of blood in the hallway and on the stairs (again, assuming that the killer came back downstairs from the third floor, to the second floor, to exit through the sliding glass doors)… maybe they reported an unconscious person because the killer actually left through that window in this photo, and jumped from the deck… seems like it could at least be a possibility… otherwise, I would imagine there would be blood all over the place and the surviving roommates would’ve called 911 immediately, rather than calling friends over first… and would’ve reported a massive amount of blood rather than “an unconscious person”… just a thought… I do not understand why the police will explain this whole weird “unconscious person” thing…
I've lived on the upper level of a house in cold areas, in the winter the thermostat gets turned up for the lower level, and somehow the heat all travels upstairs. I wonder if a window on the 2nd or 3rd floor was cracked because of this?, if this house was similar?

Have taken some space from WS and the case because of the influx of information and opinions on the case. It seems, more and more to me, that this was a methodically executed and senseless crime, and the perpetrator was likely not a close friend or anyone very well-known to the victims. Like others in the thread(s), I think this was likely someone on the periphery of one of the victims' lives; someone who felt rejected or had the impression that they had something "to prove." IMO.

I have seen recent photos of the crime scene of the investigators and LE looking through the windows to the exterior - I am hopeful that they see something (even if just a potential way to go "quietly into the night," so to speak) from their careful look at the interior / exterior of the home. As someone who works in higher ed, I am also happy to see the university offering so many resources to students. Cannot imagine being local to the area during this time.

Not a murderer, but you can’t have my DNA.
Hmmmmmmmmm.....where were YOU on the 13th ??????????? lol

I'm not red, not blue, not left, not right....but you're not getting mine either. "If you don't have anything to hide....." falls on deaf ears with me.

Since K came back to town to show off her new .....I'm curious who she called to let know she was coming back? My opinion is still that she was targeted and the rest collateral. So, either she was spotted in town by the assailant or he knew she was coming to visit....

Occam's Razor is real. I don't think this was a Tyvek wearing, NVG donning highly skilled perp. My gut is still with those who think some sort of rejected incel...loaner....obsessive .

Edit: Typo

I just don’t find the late time unusual. We used to call it being on college time. After a night out, my roommates and I would often come down late morning/early afternoon after recovering, watching tv in rooms, sleeping in. In fact, I think it would have been unusable if they had been up at 8am, perky and ready for the day after going to bed after 1:00am.
Completely agree and, I think it's important to note, that in large houses with multiple roommates, bedrooms are "sanctuaries" of sorts -- you can depend on privacy and winding down when you are in your own space, rather than a common area. I'm close to the age of the victims, and on some weekend mornings, I spend hours after waking up just looking at my phone or reading in bed. It's very normal.

I don’t think Kaylee was the target. Perp would have killed her dog. Lots of attention on the girls but not much about Ethan. I know that’s a long shot and he didn’t actually live at that house but most likely knew he would be there on weekends. Or someone saw him go there? Is it known where Ethan and Xana were between time they left SigChi house and the arrived at Xana’s house? Did Xana have an exboyfriend?

I've lived on the upper level of a house in cold areas, in the winter the thermostat gets turned up for the lower level, and somehow the heat all travels upstairs. I wonder if a window on the 2nd or 3rd floor was cracked because of this?, if this house was similar?

Hot air rises cold air falls.
Density.

Eta it was backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads