ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold up.......

I swore the PRIVATE PARTY that gave them a ride home was not considered a suspect....yet now they're hunting for the "mysterious individual".

C'mon Daily Mail.....

THE PURSUIT

No one has been arrested.​

Investigators have yet to identify a suspect. They have, however, preliminarily ruled out several people, including:

• A man seen with Ms. Goncalves and Ms. Mogen in the video footage at the food truck.
  • The man who gave Ms. Goncalves and Ms. Mogen a ride home.
  • The two surviving housemates, who were in the house during the attack.
  • The friends who were called to the house by the surviving housemates the morning after the attacks.
  • Mr. DuCoeur, the former boyfriend of one victim.
  • The victims themselves.

DBM opinion....my bad
Ah yes, Daily Mail - hardly the epitome of fact-based journalism

I was thinking along the same lines but I'm not sure who was killed first. Definitely well-planned, not something as a result of anything that occurred that day or any recent event. He had to take into account and plan for the number of people there in the house, and the dog. JMO.
Yes. And I think his high priority was the unique layout of that house. He needed a quick, smooth route in-and-out, victim-to-victim.

I didn't know LE was hunting for the driver that gave the two women a ride home from the food truck. Mentions tire tracks and show rubber marks. I can't imagine it'd help. As far as in front to the house, their driveway and parking spots as far as I understood it, LE said were gravel.

Saturday, November 26, 2022
View attachment 382844

"A local reporter said they were state forensics investigators who photographed the tracks. It was revealed Goncalves and Mogen got a ride home from a mystery individual after visiting a food truck, with cops now hunting for that driver. Latah County Prosecuting Attorney Bill Thompson said Saturday that law enforcement is trying to 'expedite everything' that could solve the case, the first murder recorded in the city of Moscow in seven years."
That person was cleared early on per first press release.

Are we certain that the victims have no criminal history, and no connection to drugs, mafia, cartel? I haven't seen anything pointing to any of those things about the victims, but I haven't seen LE specifically "clear" those issues.
No, I suppose I’m not certain. Do I need LE to ‘clear’ this for me? No.
I can deduce they don’t have criminal histories that led to a hired hit.
All were university students, so they’ve been scrutinized, letters of ref, grades.
K had just signed on with a tech company in Texas, she passed a background check
E worked with children at a sports camp- he passed a background check
X and M worked at a restaurant- someone has checked their criminal histories

So, I’m guessing they may have parking or speeding tickets.
Maybe they are simply clever and haven’t gotten caught?
I could be completely wrong- but Occam’s razor would apply in my opinion.
I’m a skeptic, not a cynic.

JMO

This^

I saw the photo and I agree - K’s furniture was still at the residence. For me, this puts to bed the theory that they were found together. Also, I’m almost positive I read somewhere that the 3rd floor victims were found in separate bedrooms. If K wasn’t moved out, this makes even more sense (they wouldn’t have to sleep in the same room due to furniture having been moved.)

I think that they were found separately. JMO
also- if she is moving to TX, why move her things to home and then move them again? maybe move them to TX when her job is to start?

I’m just not sure yet. If not a near neighbor, maybe a local. Someone who walks in the area or maybe worked on one of those nearby apartment buildings.
We have been told that it was a “messy” scene. This points to a disorganized killer; one who doesn’t plan well and who kills on an urge or rage. These killers are usually easier to identify and catch. The organized killer on the other hand, plans out his attack. He is methodical and careful and leaves few clues.
The problem with this case is that we have what appears to be a disorganized killer, but has managed to kill 4 people at once leaving few clues that we know of. I don’t think the neighbor, fellow student, acquaintance, would be that skilled. Is he just lucky?
What are your thoughts?

I don't feel that 'messy' or 'sloppy' necessarily points to a disorganized killer. It certainly could, but his leaving the bodies onsite is thus far the only concrete indicator of disorganization that we know of currently.

However, an organized killer takes his weapon with him, which is what this killer appears to have done. When he leaves bodies on site, he typically stages them in some way and/or leaves other bizarre patterns, which is what I think occurred due to BAU being onsite almost immediately (something was 'off' enough for that request to be made and for said request to be expedited). He typically plans his 'work' methodically, which I feel that killing strong, independent, some might say 'feisty' (in the good sense) 4 young adults on separate floors while in their beds asleep and leaving minimal if any identifiers indicates an intelligence and efficiency to his 'craft' that is thus far beyond the reach of seasoned Federal and State investigators. If/when he is caught, I won't be surprised upon reading that some really disturbing things took place in the house that night.

My opinion.

I didn't know LE was hunting for the driver that gave the two women a ride home from the food truck. Mentions tire tracks and show rubber marks. I can't imagine it'd help. As far as in front to the house, their driveway and parking spots as far as I understood it, LE said were gravel.

Saturday, November 26, 2022
View attachment 382844

"A local reporter said they were state forensics investigators who photographed the tracks. It was revealed Goncalves and Mogen got a ride home from a mystery individual after visiting a food truck, with cops now hunting for that driver. Latah County Prosecuting Attorney Bill Thompson said Saturday that law enforcement is trying to 'expedite everything' that could solve the case, the first murder recorded in the city of Moscow in seven years."
I don’t think they are looking for the driver that took them home but someone else in a separate vehicle. I can’t link the info here because it’s not in the media yet.

I’m just not sure yet. If not a near neighbor, maybe a local. Someone who walks in the area or maybe worked on one of those nearby apartment buildings.
We have been told that it was a “messy” scene. This points to a disorganized killer; one who doesn’t plan well and who kills on an urge or rage. These killers are usually easier to identify and catch. The organized killer on the other hand, plans out his attack. He is methodical and careful and leaves few clues.
The problem with this case is that we have what appears to be a disorganized killer, but has managed to kill 4 people at once leaving few clues that we know of. I don’t think the neighbor, fellow student, acquaintance, would be that skilled. Is he just lucky?
What are your thoughts?
I'm still hung up on messy, or made to look messy.

Hold up.......

I swore the PRIVATE PARTY that gave them a ride home was not considered a suspect....yet now they're hunting for the "mysterious individual".

C'mon Daily Mail.....

THE PURSUIT

No one has been arrested.​

Investigators have yet to identify a suspect. They have, however, preliminarily ruled out several people, including:

• A man seen with Ms. Goncalves and Ms. Mogen in the video footage at the food truck.
  • The man who gave Ms. Goncalves and Ms. Mogen a ride home.
  • The two surviving housemates, who were in the house during the attack.
  • The friends who were called to the house by the surviving housemates the morning after the attacks.
  • Mr. DuCoeur, the former boyfriend of one victim.
  • The victims themselves.

DBM opinion....my bad
Honestly, the ONLY information I’m going to acknowledge as truth is from the press releases. These online news sources are making stuff up or interpreting facts incorrectly.

I don’t think they are looking for the driver that took them home but someone else in a separate vehicle. I can’t link the info here because it’s not in the media yet.
I am actually surprised the media has been so slow on this.. are they in a tryptophan induced slumber? MOO but maybe LE has asked them ( the media) to hold off on any new reports for the day.

Have all the victims familys spoke publicly apart from Maddies? I know Kaylees mum mentioned in her interview she had spoken to them. And Maddies boyfriends parents have also.

And has anyone heard if either Maddie or Kaylee got refused service at the Corner Club? I would be surprised if they hadn't with how visibly intoxicated they were. A lot of places have strict laws with responsible service of alcohol and big fines for not adhering to it. Maddie was clearly more intoxicated and was stumbling over her feet and bumping into people on the Twitch video.

This is so wrong by ethical standards. “Hey, all males, consent to a controversial polygraph and give us your DNA. We have no probable cause and no warrant. It’s completely voluntary, but if you don’t consent lots of people may think that you are suspicious.” Just no!

Anyone ever hear of police widely doing this?
I recall that LE used this technique of asking men to voluntarily submit their DNA during the high profile murder case of Christa Worthington. Detectives working the case got lucky and it turned out it was the local garbage collector.

Have all the victims familys spoke publicly apart from Maddies? I know Kaylees mum mentioned in her interview she had spoken to them. And Maddies boyfriends parents have also.

And has anyone heard if either Maddie or Kaylee got refused service at the Corner Club? I would be surprised if they hadn't with how visibly intoxicated they were. A lot of places have strict laws with responsible service of alcohol and big fines for not adhering to it. Maddie was clearly more intoxicated and was stumbling over her feet and bumping into people on the Twitch video.
I thought they looked tipsy. Not kicked out of bar drunk level.

Ah yes, Daily Mail - hardly the epitome of fact-based journalism
I've had it with them. I'll give them credit that they have a ton of pics from breaking news stories.....but these details shouldn't be stated as fact in the article....unless we ALL missed something.

From the article:
Autopsy results showed all four died from stab wounds to the chest, with police saying the murder weapon was a large military-style knife which still hasn't been found.

Kaylee's dog Murphy survived the attack unscathed and didn't make a sound, while the first Dylan and Bethany knew of their roommates' fate came after 11am when they woke up and went upstairs to find them dead.

So....the dog was there, yet unharmed...all were stabbed directly in the chest....and the surviving roomates found the rest dead. That should answer half the questions on these threads (insert eye rolling emoji).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper