ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were all asleep when they were killed according to the coroner. That would indicate that no one got up and confronted the killer or called anyone else.

My opinion.
Asleep when they were killed, or asleep when they were attacked? Either way, none of them were likely able to mount a significant defense.

What do you mean?
Watching Lawrence Jones on Fox, he interviewed K’s Dad. He is frustrated with LE as he last spoke to them Wednesday. He feels he has shared information with LE that provided necessary pieces to the investigation, like getting into K’s phone data early on, and now they aren’t sharing info back to him. He inferred that he had not gone public with things he had been told by LE, he can be trusted. He wanted to give info to a PI, and LE asked that he not do that.

I believe they are testing tire tracks to possibly compare to a different vehicle, not the one who took the girls home. Also good to have tracks on file if right outside of the house so could probably just be procedure. AFAIK, the driver remains cleared by LE.

MOO
It’s a pity they didn’t do this the day of or the day after the murders, seems a bit late waiting 6 days or so to do so. MOO

I am guessing from this google street view image that the back is graded flat like a normal house. So I would guess the around the same height as a regular 2nd story window? You can see cars parked in the back of the image up the hill, and what appears to be a "graded/level" yard before the incline begins.
Yes, thank you!
I am more curious about what looks like the investigator’s odd, crouched position.
Do you see it?

05DC9BB8-2F4A-4551-ACCE-9597FE526CC7.jpegI don't understand why LE never cordoned off the Queen road parking just next to the victim's house. May be the prep(s) discarded their cars after the crime but now would have drive it back or it is still there

IMO that area offers the best glimpse of what happening inside the house
View attachment 382761
Whether the prep was local or outsider, the prep(s) should have observed what's happening inside sitting inside their parked car often. There should be others who could have seen some person(s) sit in their car in this blind-spot area more often before the crime.

I say blind spot because it is well hidden in the area just before directly back of the victims house. The only view to that area could be apartments directly across from victims house (on taylor) or on backside of 500 Queen Rd Apartment. Please Note 500 Queen Rd doesn't have windows directly to see the victims house but at an angle View attachment 382762
View attachment 382769

Also from the blind-spot parking areas it is easy to slip in the victims house. It is just a slight downhill slope to victim's 2nd floor
View attachment 382770
View attachment 382771

Also IMO, the prep(s) could also easily jump from 3rd level to the blind-spot area. It would have been a jump of about 10 ft down directly or less than that if they aimed for the backyard uphill slope
View attachment 382772
Do you know if they have any footage from buildings surrounding this lot

Watching Lawrence Jones on Fox, he interviewed K’s Dad. He is frustrated with LE as he last spoke to them Wednesday. He feels he has shared information with LE that provided necessary pieces to the investigation, like getting into K’s phone data early on, and now they aren’t sharing info back to him. He inferred that he had not gone public with things he had been told by LE, he can be trusted. He wanted to give info to a PI, and LE asked that he not do that.
I understand their frustration but they all need to stop talking. They’ve already said too much. The coroner, too. They need to not share anything with them because they go give it away at interviews and in social media. Don’t they realize how counterproductive it is? I’ve no doubt they‘re pretty sure they know who it is but are working on getting enough evidence to get the warrant. As it is the crime scene was compromised from the people who were summoned to the house before they called 911.

Last edited:
I agree stabbing someone to death quietly is difficult. I think he went top down and E and X were last. He may have left after thinking it was loud or perhaps they were targeted.
I have to agree with you in this theory. I am guessing that X woke up while E was being attacked, hence her defensive wounds. If that is in fact the case then the killer probably took off from the house after that.

I haven't seen anyone discuss this, but I don't think this perpetrator had far to go. Can't shake the feeling that he is in close proximity to them. It is an interesting area, lots of complexes. Doesn't feel like a college student did this, but someone not in school who lives in the vicinity.

I know police have requested all video from the previous day and into that morning, but I wonder if they shouldn't request video from that area from a bit earlier too. This feels very planned and I wonder how long they were watched prior to this.

I'm sure we all share the poor father's frustration, and we can only imagine his grief, but I think LE are doing the right thing by limiting what they're told at this time. Now's not the time for a PI either. IMO.

I understand their frustration but they all need to stop talking. They’ve already said too much. The coroner, too. They need to not share anything with them because they go give it away at interviews and in social media. Don’t they realize how counterproductive it is? I’ve no doubt they‘re pretty sure they know who it is but are working on getting enough evidence to get the warrant. As it is the crime scene was compromised from the people who were summoned to the house before they called 911.
BBM. And by local police.

also- if she is moving to TX, why move her things to home and then move them again? maybe move them to TX when her job is to start?
Her employer may be paying for moving expenses and, if so, a moving van would pick up her things and move them to Texas. Usually for a relocation, especially these days, companies pay moving expenses as part of their offer.

Just wanted to share some thoughts on idea that this is not targeted because four people were killed. I think it is still very likely targeted and have not heard an argument to exclude it.
If killer, be it a person with prior familiarity with home or not, had a specific target, things still could have gone the way they did. they may have entered the home, entered the room they thought their tarte was in, and found out only after killing each one, that it was not their target, until they finally did get their target, killed them, and then left. The order in which the attacks were committed would likely be determined by a) blood trials (which blood trial from dripping knife had one arsons blood, or two, three or four persons blood b) stab wounds or bedding having one, two, three or four persons blood in them.
And yes a person familiar with house could still get rooms wrong. When I was in undergrad for soph, junior and senior year I lived in a five bedroom house with five of us. Each summer one or two would leave due to graduating, moving in with a boy/girl friend, getting own place etc. And we always switched rooms with who ever had longest tenancy in the place having seniority in picking bigger room. so someone who had been to Idaho house, even several times, could have gotten two rooms wrong, sneaking in, stabbing and then seeing wrong person, moving onto next room, and next, finally getting it right their intended target -- and then leaving.

The order is important because the last person killed is likely the primary target sand thus their circle, boyfriends, dating partners, potential stalkers, would be important persons of interest

Also it could be targeted even if their was one primary victim. If the killer were an ex of one of the three girls, they could be holding grudge on the other two girls who were killed, for real or imagined interference in relationship. I've had friends my partners have resented.

I have not heard what definitely exculpates all prior boyfriends/dating partners. Even the exculpation of one person seems strange, with effusive but weird praise, that half sounds more like a setup scripted by investigators.

Almost 2 weeks have now gone by since the horrific murders.

With the police essentially ruling out a serial killer, and have cleared several key individuals, where does that leave us?

What are your best current theories on what happened?

Do you know if they have any footage from buildings surrounding this lot
I missed this original post, so thank you for drawing attention to it. Very informative and offers great insight! It would be helpful to obtain video from this lot if possible. Also, questioning those who use the lot or those who live in that complex.

This is an unfortunate topic when applied in truth as occurred against the four students killed by knife violence. Life is precious.

However, with personal security in mind, I study knife violence, knife defense, patterns of personal security, etc. It doesn't seem (analytical qualifier) to take much to kill a person with a blade when intentionality is considered.

Reviewing security videos of stabbings, it appears often to indicate initial disability because of shock followed by bleeding that disables people from usually being able to continue resistance or often successfully escape. The assailants often do not demonstrate training, but instead exhibit raw power applied to the point of contact. The victims often have to become aware of what is happening to execute a defense and by that point the damage is done. The attacker often acts with decision through foreknowledge of intention, which gives them the advantage in timing and opportunity, in addition to having the weapon.

I have sincere human sorrow for everyone involved. The parents invested 20 years of life into their children, only to have this happen. This is tragic.
I respectfully agree, there is available footage online of a very recent stabbing death at the train station that I get off at for work, one quick knife thrust to the neck & the victim puts his hand up to his neck & then falls down dead, it made me realise how fragile life is as it all happens within 30 seconds & a little guy was the attacker & the big guy was the victim. MOO

Just wanted to share some thoughts on idea that this is not targeted because four people were killed. I think it is still very likely targeted and have not heard an argument to exclude it.
If killer, be it a person with prior familiarity with home or not, had a specific target, things still could have gone the way they did. they may have entered the home, entered the room they thought their tarte was in, and found out only after killing each one, that it was not their target, until they finally did get their target, killed them, and then left. The order in which the attacks were committed would likely be determined by a) blood trials (which blood trial from dripping knife had one arsons blood, or two, three or four persons blood b) stab wounds or bedding having one, two, three or four persons blood in them.
And yes a person familiar with house could still get rooms wrong. When I was in undergrad for soph, junior and senior year I lived in a five bedroom house with five of us. Each summer one or two would leave due to graduating, moving in with a boy/girl friend, getting own place etc. And we always switched rooms with who ever had longest tenancy in the place having seniority in picking bigger room. so someone who had been to Idaho house, even several times, could have gotten two rooms wrong, sneaking in, stabbing and then seeing wrong person, moving onto next room, and next, finally getting it right their intended target -- and then leaving.

The order is important because the last person killed is likely the primary target sand thus their circle, boyfriends, dating partners, potential stalkers, would be important persons of interest

Also it could be targeted even if their was one primary victim. If the killer were an ex of one of the three girls, they could be holding grudge on the other two girls who were killed, for real or imagined interference in relationship. I've had friends my partners have resented.

I have not heard what definitely exculpates all prior boyfriends/dating partners. Even the exculpation of one person seems strange, with effusive but weird praise, that half sounds more like a setup scripted by investigators.
May I ask why you think the last person killed is likely the primary target? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper