ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All four were found in bed. Can we dispense with all the crawled-in-front-of-the-door and in-the-hall and on-the-couch theories?

University of Idaho Students Killed in Bed
That is not what LE says. They have withdrawn any statement about beds, though it has changed over the course of the investigation from found in their beds to some found in beds to now, no mention of beds. We don't know where they were stabbed or where they ended up. We don't even know that they were asleep.

....Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor......

.....The coroner stated the four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault.....

Other article updated 11/19

"Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate. "

Last edited:
Okay so here is something I just learned.

I just saw that Kaylee was selling her other car on Facebook marketplace. She probably listed on Craigslist as well. Could the killer have first contacted her because of her car for sale?
Interesting that the location used was Couer D’ Alene (where Maddie was from) and not Moscow.

Asleep when they were killed, or asleep when they were attacked? Either way, none of them were likely able to mount a significant defense.

Some had defensive wounds according to the coroner, but she said that they were likely asleep when they were attacked/killed. I put those two words together because I imagine that each awoke briefly to the horrors that were happening, so much so that some victims' reflexes kicked in and they 'defended' themselves. Probably not awake enogh to be conscious of what was taking place, thank God.

I can't get over the fact that there doesn't seem to be blood outside the house. I honestly think this killer may have showered before they left the house. They had stabbed four people to death at that point. They may have thought there was no one else in the house, and if they were caught somehow, they would stab that person, too. :( Frankly, that seems less risky than leaving the house covered in blood no matter how far they were traveling. Thoughts?

That is not what LE says. They have withdrawn any statement about beds, though it has changed over the course of the investigation from found in their beds to some found in beds to now, no mention of beds. We don't know where they were stabbed or where they ended up. We don't even know that they were asleep.

The coroner stated the four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault.
If the coroner said they were likely asleep, there would be strong physical indications within her post-mortem analysis that they were. She would not say that just to comfort victims' families, for example.

My opinion.

I think a maintenace angle is possible too. I feel like knowing the positions of the beds is vital for a surprise attack. In the dark this individual would have had to been swiftly moving in the right direction to get their job done without alerting the victims. You can't open the door and then fumble around to where you need to be. You've got to be fast and knowing the bed setup is needed in my opinion. Heck, I trip over crap and fumble walkineg to my kids beds in the dark and I'm in there everynight!
doubtful in fact not one iota of what we know supports it.
Much more likely is recent boyfriend, dating partner which as far as we know are all students at that school and other schools.
Stabbing people in bed is very personal, and this increases likelihood it was someone there had been a relationship with

Did the person who did this get inside a car at all the night/morning in question what do you think.

I can't get over the fact that there doesn't seem to be blood outside the house. I honestly think this killer may have showered before they left the house. They had stabbed four people to death at that point. They may have thought there was no one else in the house, and if they were caught somehow, they would stab that person, too. :( Frankly, that seems less risky than leaving the house covered in blood no matter how far they were traveling. Thoughts?
I see a lot of people talking about the killer showering at the house before leaving and I just can't wrap my head around it. Would a killer risk leaving more DNA around by taking a shower and changing? I don't see it happening honestly but I suppose if it did then LE is aware of it and hopefully there is DNA to be had!

If it were only local LE working this case, I would likely agree with you. But with the Idaho State Police, and more importantly, the FBI working it, I think they have a lot more than "nutin". I am confident this case will be solved, though surely not as quickly as we all would like. JMO
Totally agree. MOO, they have a poi.

I’ll point out a few things:

They’re looking for any or all video surveillance from 3am to 6am in 4 specific locations. One of these location has no houses, it’s rural, it’s woody. I think they’re following a cellphone tower ping. They probably got records of his/her phone showing him move from those places around that time.

Another thing, they were searching a red mustang today but it turns out to be nothing, but I think they’re looking for a specific car (red mustang maybe they capture in a video surveillance?) and they’re eliminating owners of those cars. Moo

They weren’t asking for a video surveillance at 2am , they’re very specific with time.

Last edited:
doubtful in fact not one iota of what we know supports it.
Much more likely is recent boyfriend, dating partner which as far as we know are all students at that school and other schools.
Stabbing people in bed is very personal, and this increases likelihood it was someone there had been a relationship with
I would agree with this, but it was four people that were killed, not one. Stabbing people in bed is more than personal....it is cowardly.

Dont think of a knife fight with two standing armed people, nor people of equal strength or equal state of consciousness. Instead think of a military age male, fully awake stading above a deeply sleeping or barely roused smaller victim.
Don't imaging slashing wound but rather one or two deep thrusts which could be 90% internal bleeding and end all ability to fight back with a single thrust.
he may have had little to no blood on him. those stabbed in bed in their sleep and remaining in the bed could have all or most of their blood go into mattress.

I would agree with this, but it was four people that were killed, not one. Stabbing people in bed is more than personal....it is cowardly.
Could easily be 100% personal and one sought target and rest collateral. It is not only local police who said it was targeted, state investigators have said it as well.

We need to find out who did this soon because it's taking up way too much of my time. My worst fear is being stabbed to death. Can't imagine what the four victims went through we need to locate the people who did this before Christmas at least.
A lot of people have that fear of being stabbed to death. From what I understand, it feels like getting punched. The longer that you bleed out, the colder you feel until you become unconscious. There are a lot of people who have been stabbed before that have survived (BH-Zodiac). I think it depends where on the human body that takes the brunt of the knife. We are so used to seeing stabbing horrifically portrayed in movies (Psycho, Zodiac) and television that everybody has that fear. People can survive a stabbing however, don’t let that fear overtake you. I think LE is gonna catch the killer soon.

I see a lot of people talking about the killer showering at the house before leaving and I just can't wrap my head around it. Would a killer risk leaving more DNA around by taking a shower and changing? I don't see it happening honestly but I suppose if it did then LE is aware of it and hopefully there is DNA to be had!
I agree about the DNA. I wonder what they have collected and tested. I imagine if the killer is known to them, they have potentially showered there before, or they could say they had. I'm still undecided on the who.
Dont think of a knife fight with two standing armed people, nor people of equal strength or equal state of consciousness. Instead think of a military age male, fully awake stading above a deeply sleeping or barely roused smaller victim.
Don't imaging slashing wound but rather one or two deep thrusts which could be 90% internal bleeding and end all ability to fight back with a single thrust.
he may have had little to no blood on him. those stabbed in bed in their sleep and remaining in the bed could have all or most of their blood go into mattress.
I suppose. It's hard for me to imagine

Could easily be 100% personal and one sought target and rest collateral. It is not only local police who said it was targeted, state investigators have said it as well.
Yes, they have stated it was targeted, but I thought targeted in a different sense than you. Maybe you are right and LE knows who was targeted specifically and I imagine they have their reasons for that if that is the case. No information has been given regarding those specifics unfortunately so I have a hard time not thinking they all were targeted.

Asleep when they were killed, or asleep when they were attacked? Either way, none of them were likely able to mount a significant defense.
Her Dad said the opposite.

"The father of slain University of Idaho student, Xana Kernodle, says she put up a fight before an elusive killer stabbed her and fled the scene, leaving her and three others dead in an off-campus rental home."

"Kernodle added that his daughter was a fighter and likely put up a fight against the killer."

"Bruises, torn by the knife. She’s a tough kid. Whatever she wanted to do, she could do it,” Kernodle said."

I really am starting to wonder with a smidge tighter of a timeframe if KG was calling JD because (hate to bring back up the dog) lol but she was unable to find the dog! She returned home, ate her food, maybe changed her clothes, washed her face whatever, she then realized her pet was no where around because the perp had already did a quick run through of the home and let the dog out in fear it would would interrupt his plans later on?! I’m not sure the murdered stuck around until everyone was asleep, I feel like he maybe was comfortable coming in and out of the home… all just my own crazy thoughts!
In the IE interview below, it states her sister KG let the dog out to potty and then let him in and locked the doors. Is there or was there a Ring doorbell? How does she know this? Starts at :40.

IE Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member