ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with you in this theory. I am guessing that X woke up while E was being attacked, hence her defensive wounds. If that is in fact the case then the killer probably took off from the house after that.

I haven't seen anyone discuss this, but I don't think this perpetrator had far to go. Can't shake the feeling that he is in close proximity to them. It is an interesting area, lots of complexes. Doesn't feel like a college student did this, but someone not in school who lives in the vicinity.

I know police have requested all video from the previous day and into that morning, but I wonder if they shouldn't request video from that area from a bit earlier too. This feels very planned and I wonder how long they were watched prior to this.
i think it is a local, lifelong hunter, maybe didn't live so close as you theorize, but extremely familiar with the neighborhood, knew how to get away, but look at all the time he had. Local guy, not going to the U, maybe someone in maintenance. They didn't live at the sorority houses, but maybe the killer did maintenance there at one of the houses where the girls would have frequented. Maybe stalked for a long time.

Eta. Maybe he knew about most sleeping in on Sundays.

Last edited:
Almost 2 weeks have now gone by since the horrific murders.

With the police essentially ruling out a serial killer, and have cleared several key individuals, where does that leave us?

What are your best current theories on what happened?
From what I have seen from police reports, a serial killer has not been ruled out.

In my opinion, anyone capable of this crime takes pleasure in killing, and has either killed before or will find it difficult to stop.

A target in this instance does not tell us whether it is serial or not.

Graphic subject here-- I don't know what it is like to stab a human being. I've heard it isn't as easy as all that because you can hit a bone. Sounds like the victims had multiple stab wounds, but also one fatal stab. Other cases where people have been stabbed 12-19 times and still are alive... in those cases, I would think some killers lack proper knife skills.

Has it been discussed how this killer managed to aim his stabs at a sleeping body without breaking his knife point all those times in this case? Just the thought of aiming at a sleeping body makes me sick, and furious at this killer. They must be caught.
Pretty accurate too to do it through a duvet or blanket im
Guessing

This was an act of rage not random

I've seen pics posted on social media from inside the sigma chi house. Straight line of site into all of the windows on the side of the house facing that way. I still think it's all going to come back to the frat or something that happened at the frat party. All jmo

From what I have seen from police reports, a serial killer has not been ruled out.

In my opinion, anyone capable of this crime takes pleasure in killing, and has either killed before or will find it difficult to stop.

A target in this instance does not tell us whether it is serial or not.
If it were a serial killer then the 13 th day at 3am still stands out

Plus the fact that number of victims might be increasing

Where is the link to a group of three ?

This is an unfortunate topic when applied in truth as occurred against the four students killed by knife violence. Life is precious.

However, with personal security in mind, I study knife violence, knife defense, patterns of personal security, etc. It doesn't seem (analytical qualifier) to take much to kill a person with a blade when intentionality is considered.

Reviewing security videos of stabbings, it appears often to indicate initial disability because of shock followed by bleeding that disables people from usually being able to continue resistance or often successfully escape. The assailants often do not demonstrate training, but instead exhibit raw power applied to the point of contact. The victims often have to become aware of what is happening to execute a defense and by that point the damage is done. The attacker often acts with decision through foreknowledge of intention, which gives them the advantage in timing and opportunity, in addition to having the weapon.

I have sincere human sorrow for everyone involved. The parents invested 20 years of life into their children, only to have this happen. This is tragic.
Agreed. The thing about stabbing data is that it encompasses everything from knives used in robberies, insane people who cant get other weapons', carrying a knife and stabbing people in random fashion, domestic violence fights, to gang knife fights between two knife carriers, and then this crime: likely powerful deep and massive thrust with a hilted large knife, while standing above a sleeping barely roused, and three cases petite female victims. In this latter case it would be easy for a military age male to deliver a single thrust to thorax (upper chest/upper back, or neck) that immediately silences, totally disables and kills his victim.

The assailants often do not demonstrate training, but instead exhibit raw power applied to the point of contact.
But the core of the training is exactly that: Raw power driving weapon at point of contact. and no feints, no display, no warning, no escalation: just victor being initiator of maximum violence, maximum raw power at most debilitate palace (thorax) preferably while sneaking up on unsuspecting victim

Okay so here is something I just learned.

I just saw that Kaylee was selling her other car on Facebook marketplace. She probably listed on Craigslist as well. Could the killer have first contacted her because of her car for sale?

Attachments

• 59329F24-9458-4695-B873-B4531E6E7A00.jpeg
    59329F24-9458-4695-B873-B4531E6E7A00.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 127
i think it is a local, lifelong hunter, maybe didn't live so close as you theorize, but extremely familiar with the neighborhood, knew how to get away, but look at all the time he had. Local guy, not going to the U, maybe someone in maintenance. They didn't live at the sorority houses, but maybe the killer did maintenance there at one of the houses where the girls would have frequented. Maybe stalked for a long time.

Eta. Maybe he knew about most sleeping in on Sundays.
I think that you could very well be right about those points, someone familiar with area and a hunter. I would not be surprised to learn about either. The maintenance individual is also an interesting theory, I imagine LE is looking into anyone who has worked at that house over the years for sure.

I have to agree, I feel as though this individual has been watching. I don't think sleeping in on a Sunday had anything to do with him going into the house that night though honestly.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere where all pictures from the media threads have been compiled in one place? Thanks in advance!

Graphic subject, but honestly, I don't want to learn much more. (darn curiosity) Just in the little searching I've done, I ran across a certain prescribed way of silent stabbing having something to do with going for the kidneys. William Fairbairn and Eric Sykes are names connected to it. If I were this killer planning this attack on sleeping people, I might have already read up on and know about all this.
Liver would be certain death in short period of time, but victim could still cry out. Best is thorax. A hilted strong blade thrust with weight of killer is just going to pass right through bone and in

Okay so here is something I just learned.

I just saw that Kaylee was selling her other car on Facebook marketplace. She probably listed on Craigslist as well. Could the killer have first contacted her because of her car for sale?
This is interesting, this was in her hometown, correct? Not familiar, is that far from campus or close by?

I am not sure how much of a “party house” the girls residence was. K and M were repeatedly on the Deans List…not sure about the other girls. But, to get on the Deans List, one has to do a fair amount of studying And keep up with courses. imo, it is probably a typical University students residence with occasional weekend parties and during the university breaks having parties or friends over. And, there is a big different from inviting friends over and having huge parties. Jmo
I knew several people in college who partied hard and still made the Dean's list. I still have no idea how they did it because it isn't something that I could do.

I think that you could very well be right about those points, someone familiar with area and a hunter. I would not be surprised to learn about either. The maintenance individual is also an interesting theory, I imagine LE is looking into anyone who has worked at that house over the years for sure.

I have to agree, I feel as though this individual has been watching. I don't think sleeping in on a Sunday had anything to do with him going into the house that night though honestly.
I think a maintenace angle is possible too. I feel like knowing the positions of the beds is vital for a surprise attack. In the dark this individual would have had to been swiftly moving in the right direction to get their job done without alerting the victims. You can't open the door and then fumble around to where you need to be. You've got to be fast and knowing the bed setup is needed in my opinion. Heck, I trip over crap and fumble walking to my kids beds in the dark and I'm in there everynight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper