ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. MOO, they have a poi.

I’ll point out a few things:

They’re looking for any or all video surveillance from 3am to 6am in 4 specific locations. One of these location has no houses, it’s rural, it’s woody. I think they’re following a cellphone tower ping. They probably got records of his/her phone showing him move from those places around that time.

Another thing, they were searching a red mustang today but it turns out to be nothing, but I think they’re looking for a specific car (red mustang maybe they capture in a video surveillance?) and they’re eliminating owners of those cars. Moo

They weren’t asking for a video surveillance at 2am , they’re very specific with time.
Is it possible they would ask for this information to disprove a story someone has told the police? The "even if there is no movement detected" has me thinking they are looking to prove someone may NOT have been where they said they were. IMO JMO

They’re looking for any or all video surveillance from 3am to 6am in 4 specific locations. One of these location has no houses, it’s rural, it’s woody. I think they’re following a cellphone tower ping. They probably got records of his/her phone showing him move from those places around that time.

Another thing, they were searching a red mustang today but it turns out to be nothing, but I think they’re looking for a specific car (red mustang maybe ?) and they’re eliminating owners of those cars. Moo

They weren’t asking for a video surveillance at 2am , they’re very specific with time.
BBM. IMO This could be because people were submitting the same tip to FBI/LE when an unknown person posted coordinates to a rural spot on another platform. Just speculating. Can't be discussed here but just giving a possible reason. Apologies if the mere mention is not allowed.

New here....Hoping this is OK to post.

Wondering if investigators considered looking into any of the previous tenants that lived in the house. After all, they would know the layout, how to get around, etc and may have had interactions with each other previously.

Also, hate to say this but there can be corruption within sometimes. Wondering if any LE are being investigated and/or LE's family members.

I guess that’s my point. I’m not sure it actually matters for us to understand number 2 in relationship to sleuthing…. does it actually matter? would the answer help solve this crime? Number 3 isn’t dog related
Point 1? Yeah, I get it. I truly do… whether it’s related to the dog or not. My guess is that it isn’t related specifically the the events of the night. MOO
My guess on the importance of the dog in this case is this: Dogs are our protectors-they can see or hear things that we cannot. I think that the dog was probably whining or scratching or very restless before the attack occurred. The girls didn’t know what the dog was alerting them to, but as they were trying to get fall asleep, with this sweet golden doodle acting up-they called J to 1) complain about the dog 2) come pick up the dog or 3) come over because were scared because the dog is acting up. I think the girls ultimately put the dog in it’s cage so that they could get some sleep. Unfortunately…….

Her Dad said the opposite.

"The father of slain University of Idaho student, Xana Kernodle, says she put up a fight before an elusive killer stabbed her and fled the scene, leaving her and three others dead in an off-campus rental home."

"Kernodle added that his daughter was a fighter and likely put up a fight against the killer."

"Bruises, torn by the knife. She’s a tough kid. Whatever she wanted to do, she could do it,” Kernodle said."

Everyone stabbed n bed from above with a k-bar is going to be busied, the hilt is going to bruise them.
And Xana Kernoodle would likely be the outlier. she is the one person in bed with a stronger person, who the killer would more likely have killed first. so she is most likely to have been roused as her boyfriend was killed.
so she may have raised her hand as she was being stubbed and gotten a "defensive wound."
There isn't really any indication she "fought back." That is the dad speculating. Can't blame him but he is speculating

Another thing, they were searching a red mustang today but it turns out to be nothing, but I think they’re looking for a specific car (red mustang maybe they capture in a video surveillance?) and they’re eliminating owners of those cars. Moo

Do you have a link to the specific locations requested?

Still on a Graphic Subject-- That's what I was just posting about and asking about. For any of us who have not stabbed another human being or even searched info on it, this crime of stabbing four people sleeping is quite a feat. Not being privy to the police reports or autopsy reports, I can only guess and MOO, that this killer was not on any drink or drugs, and knew exactly what they were doing and how to use that knife. Would someone in their college and social circle have the maturity of experience already to be this much of a stone cold killer?
As has been mentioned, the killer could be a hunter. That might explain the knife skills.

JMO

If the coroner said they were likely asleep, there would be strong physical indications within her post-mortem analysis that they were. She would not say that just to comfort victims' families, for example.

My opinion.
The coroner didn't do the autopsies. They were done by ME in Spokane, though she has said she was present. She was relaying information based on her understanding and review and has either several times misspoke and the information walked back or said something LE did not want her to say and it was walked back. I can't be sure.

"Likely asleep" means there is room for awake or woken up. "reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate." leaves room for murdered in someone's else's bed, murdered on the floor, murdered on the couch stabbing started in bed and did not die in bed, murdered on the steps, a whole host of possibilities that could be important for weeding out false confessions.

How something is said is important in my experience.

My guess on the importance of the dog in this case is this: Dogs are our protectors-they can see or hear things that we cannot. I think that the dog was probably whining or scratching or very restless before the attack occurred. The girls didn’t know what the dog was alerting them to, but as they were trying to get fall asleep, with this sweet golden doodle acting up-they called J to 1) complain about the dog 2) come pick up the dog or 3) come over because were scared because the dog is acting up. I think the girls ultimately put the dog in it’s cage so that they could get some sleep. Unfortunately…….
I've had dogs that are protective or territorial and will bark at anything; and I have had dogs that would just lie down when a stranger came in the home.

Let’s say the killer locked the doors after the stabbings. Why would that person do that? What are your thoughts? Besides prolonging finding the victims?

Here's something interesting:

"The "locked-room" or "impossible crime" mystery is a type of crime seen in crime and detective fiction. The crime in question, typically murder ("locked-room murder"), is committed in circumstances under which it appeared impossible for the perpetrator to enter the crime scene, commit the crime, and leave undetected.[1] The crime in question typically involves a situation whereby an intruder could not have left; for example the original literal "locked room": a murder victim found in a windowless room locked from the inside at the time of discovery. Following other conventions of classic detective fiction, the reader is normally presented with the puzzle and all of the clues, and is encouraged to solve the mystery before the solution is revealed in a dramatic climax.

The prima facie impression of seeing a locked room crime is that the perpetrator is a dangerous, supernatural entity capable of defying the laws of nature by walking through walls or vanishing into thin air. The need for a rational explanation for the crime is what drives the protagonist to look beyond these appearances and solve the puzzle."

Then again, we don't know if the doors were locked but if it was, maybe this cat was into impossible crime mystery?

Her Dad said the opposite.

"The father of slain University of Idaho student, Xana Kernodle, says she put up a fight before an elusive killer stabbed her and fled the scene, leaving her and three others dead in an off-campus rental home."

"Kernodle added that his daughter was a fighter and likely put up a fight against the killer."

"Bruises, torn by the knife. She’s a tough kid. Whatever she wanted to do, she could do it,” Kernodle said."

I took it to mean she was asleep but woke while being attacked and fought which might suggest the first wound she received was not the fatal wound.

I see a lot of people talking about the killer showering at the house before leaving and I just can't wrap my head around it. Would a killer risk leaving more DNA around by taking a shower and changing? I don't see it happening honestly but I suppose if it did then LE is aware of it and hopefully there is DNA to be had!
It’s been done. Danny Rolling showered in his victim’s home after his murder spree in Gainesville.

As has been mentioned, the killer could be a hunter. That might explain the knife skills.

JMO
The average youth in a US inner city knows more about killing with a knife than a hunter does. there is zero evidence a hunter did this. Hunters don't stab sleeping animals
And a grown man killing four sleeping persons is not a feat. Maybe a psychological feat, but not a physical feat.
Why does hunting keep coming up?

Is it possible they would ask for this information to disprove a story someone has told the police? The "even if there is no movement detected" has me thinking they are looking to prove someone may NOT have been where they said they were. IMO JMO
Moo

LE had conducted an interviewed with many people and may have already interviewed the perp. I also think they’re not giving info to families because a cop once told me (my husband) that the worst people to give info to are family members and bosses cause they go to the media.

Moo, all these press conference are strategically worded and it is more likely that there are certain info there that weren’t true. For their own purpose to solved this crime.

Regarding the video surveillance request with LE wording such as “what you don’t see” is just that. They might be looking for something simple, not human (a car maybe) driving off (cellphone ping) and those who may have a surveillance in their houses or businesses may have that. Something that may not be important to us. When we’re looking at video we tend to check for human movements, but they’re probably looking for car movement.

Last edited:
I can't get over the fact that there doesn't seem to be blood outside the house. I honestly think this killer may have showered before they left the house. They had stabbed four people to death at that point. They may have thought there was no one else in the house, and if they were caught somehow, they would stab that person, too. :( Frankly, that seems less risky than leaving the house covered in blood no matter how far they were traveling. Thoughts?
I thought the murderer may have showered as well. The 2nd floor contained a full bathroom with a washer and dryer in the bathroom. I think this was a targeted rage killing in which 3rd floor were targets and 2nd floor woke up as murderer planning on exiting house. I think the killer had been a guest at house and may have been associated to greek sorority or fraternity- a jealous student that had access to weapon. It's not clear to me if the dog was at home at time of murder or at home when police arrived. I think the killer new the patterns of activity in the home. I think roommates may have seen male victim on the floor and contacted one of his brothers or fraternity brothers since he did not live at King house. I think the police are close to person of interest, perhaps something that belonge to killer was left at house when killer was cleaning up self or when killer was killing the victims who had defensive wounds.

Yes, they have stated it was targeted, but I thought targeted in a different sense than you. Maybe you are right and LE knows who was targeted specifically and I imagine they have their reasons for that if that is the case. No information has been given regarding those specifics unfortunately so I have a hard time not thinking they all were targeted.
They have to know who was targeted, right? They told Kaylee’s dad that one person was targeted (but did not say which one). If they know only one person was targeted, then they must know who that is. It’s the only one who shows the signs of being targeted!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member