ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also my thoughts on the stools in front of the sliding glass doors. Do we know when that pic was taken? Most police and crime scene investigators would know not to move a thing. Especially not until the 3D scans are made. You want EVERYTHING to be just as it was

Also it's usually an "all hands on deck" situation when you have a murder like this. The prosecutor being involved is probably nothing more then the fact that this is a very complex and high profile case.

Speculation-- Did the killer plan to kill 4 people or did it just develop that way? Your target is on the 3rd floor. You break into the 2nd floor, and have to kill the people on that floor because you don't want them to wake and trap you on the 3rd floor. You find your target on the 3rd floor, but another girl is next to her, so you have to kill her too. One of the many scenarios my mind is cranking out as I go insane trying to imagine how this went down.
Yes, that is a question I'm sure many of us think about. I don't know if they planned to kill 4 people, it could've just developed like you mentioned. To start with I wonder if he had entered the house when everyone was out and waited. I also wonder was the killer drunk and/or on meth or another drug? I'm leaning towards him being at least an acquaintance of one or more victims. That is really a semi-maze of a house to negotiate if you'd never been there before. Yes, I suppose if they cased it for awhile they'd have an idea. I still get chills thinking about the rage this killer had and how they went on such a rampage. How long did all of these murders take to commit? This is a such a mystery.

We were wondering what the Investigators were looking at in Post #21. I went onto Google maps. I squared the window the Investigator was looking out of (reference Post #21) and came up with one possibility (circled in red):

View attachment 382750

This is only one possibility, and JMVHO.

Another is the building directly across the street:

View attachment 382751

Again, JMVHO.

Apologies for the repeated edits.
Hmmm, very interesting observations--thanks for doing the work and finding these possible vantage points for someone to watch them. I didn't really know about the second apartments with windows looking out on their parking lot.

We were wondering what the Investigators were looking at in Post #21. I went onto Google maps. I squared the window the Investigator was looking out of (reference Post #21) and came up with one possibility (circled in red):

View attachment 382750

This is only one possibility, and JMVHO.

Another is the building directly across the street:

View attachment 382751

Again, JMVHO.

Apologies for the repeated edits.
I think the investigator in the window was looking at the lock. MOO

I just have to say that this case really scares me and I don't generally feel frightened. This killer just gives me the worst creeps I've ever had from following a case.
I feel the same, the killer seems like a ghost, able to commit these horrible murders then disappear into the ether without a trace. So damn eerie. I hope that the FBI presence in the investigation is helping make some headway.

Looks for sure like the investigators were pointing at the apt building in front of the house.

The guy in the window could have been looking at one of the windows towards the middle of that apt building.
Interesting.. I’m trying to think like the assailant (planning) … tools I need, dark cloths (pants/shirt) binoculars, lighter (or light), knife, shoes, gloves, maybe gloves, black mask (covid type).. point of entry plan (no sound) ..patio, code, check for cameras, windows… if the assailant was in the house the same day, might intentionally leave entry (like door, windows open) . Find out their plans to go out… thinking

I have so many thought on this case. There are so many possibilities that its hard to wrap my head around. I still think we could be looking at a serial killer. You hear a lot of talk about the frenzy and rage of these killings, but there are also indications of possibly being very methodical as well. You can have both in one serial killer. Someone who can be careful and methodical, but also lose control at the time the murder is committed. I personally don't think the use of a knife necessarily points to it being personal. It can, but it could also be the MO of a thrill killer or serial killer. MOO

The killer could have entered through the sliding glass door off the kitchen on the second floor and only went to that floor and the 3rd. Not realizing that there were bedrooms on the second floor. Or something could have scared him off before getting to the 1st floor.

The WI-Fi most likely had a password. Most already have one that comes with the router. I have seen a comment from someone that stated that LE has the killers IP address (it would be the Mac Address not the IP address that you would see from the router), but i cannot find where the police ever said this. If the killer was someone they knew and had been there before and given the password. Then the killers phone would automatically connect when in location (unless the killer either didn't have their phone or they turned off the automatic connect capability).

If this was a killing that had been planned ahead of time I would think that the killer (killers?) had watched the house. There is a little woody area across the street that is a great place to see, but not be seen. View attachment 382774
I think this area would be good for seeing the comings and going of the residents of not just the crime scene, but the neighbors as well.

The tree line behind the house would be good for watching the goings on inside the house.

All of this is just MOO
Or from the road above … straight thru on Google street view

Attachments

• 3C2A2C4B-2441-4C21-8437-FC0235967AFC.jpeg
    3C2A2C4B-2441-4C21-8437-FC0235967AFC.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 141
I feel like an arrest is coming soon, it may be overly optimistic of me but have got to hold on to some hope. This whole situation is so devastating.
I'm with you on that. I can't explain it other than a gut feeling which I don't often have in these cases. Hope we're right and this dangerous person is caught. The whole community is scared and in shock, rightly so.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member