ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says that the triplets spent their last day together, I read this as that was a special occasion for their last time spent together. Not that they were necessarily together on E's last day alive. Maybe there is other information online that clarifies this that I haven't seen or have forgotten.
I agree with your assessment of E's mother's quote. I hadn't actually read how it was phrased until now, but it does read as if she's speaking of the last time the three of them were together, not necessarily the last day of E's life. That would basically leave the Sigma Chi frat party as E and X's only LE confirmed whereabouts that evening, besides home.

Unless the killer had heavy duty gloves on, I could see that the knife could cause cuts on their hands. An appeal could be made to look for injuries to hands all of a sudden.

In food service they have gloves called cut gloves that are supposed to prevent knife injuries. I am not sure how well they would hold up in this type of situation.

Not awake when they were stabbed, awake before they were stabbed. Of course the first stab would wake them if they were sleeping, that's a given.
Also, bruises and tears are indications that it was more than just raising her hands to ward off the attack.
I don't see how bruises and tears indicate she fought back. These could easily just be defensive wounds. I'm sure a parent wants to hope their murdered child fought back, but LE has said no such thing publically.

Agree! I can see them giving misleading information for a specific purpose; I don't see any reason why they would be doing that with this statement.
Moo, only a killer would know the conditions of his victims (asleep or awake). Some bad actors seeking notoriety can claim he did this crime and describe how he did it based on coroner’s and LE presser. The killer on the hand will know weather all of his victims were awake or asleep. It’s likely the reason LE and Coroner were vague and didn’t want to disclose real conditions of the victim when they were killed.

How could they have been together for a year when he is a freshman and she is a junior? He just started school this fall semester.
Ethan was classified as a freshman based on credit hours completed, but this was not his first year at the university. He was a student there last year.

Last edited:
I find the backstories coming from this sorority and fraternity to be very mundane. People have tried to spin up some kind of compelling drama in the lives of these young adults, but there is really not much there. Very vanilla plot lines. What is there to suggest anyone near them would have a motive. I lean toward psycho stalker, serial killer angle.
And what does targeted attack mean?
I would think ethan was the target, because the killer would be most concerned taking him out first and then move onto anyone else on the second floor. Targeted attack seems like a red herring, and is a hold over from when idaho police initially told the community to not worry because the attack was "targeted".

Last edited:
I don't see how bruises and tears indicate she fought back. These could easily just be defensive wounds. I'm sure a parent wants to hope their murdered child fought back, but LE has said no such thing publically.
We do know the girls were drinking during the night and I saw that one guy that was at the food truck said K was stumbling and seemed very drunk. Depending on the toxicity they were on I wouldn't be baffled if they didn't actually woke up during their assault. Now, not knowing about X and E whereabouts that night and if they were also drinking the only scenario that comes to mind is E being attacked first or even them both were attacked simultaneously depending on how close they were in bed and how much force was used during the assault

If you go back to pictures taken on or around November 14, 2022, you will see that the bar stools are standing back from the door. It was only in later photos/videos that the stools were interlocked in the sliding door. I believe LE placed them there to help protect the crime scene.

Personally, as a parent I would hope that my child didn't have a chance to fight back. I would hope the first blow would be the end so they didn't have to experience the horror & fear of the attack. JMO

Being a true crime fan for a long long time it's always been something we are told that its really hard to stab someone without hurting yourself also, and that It would be near impossible to stab 4 people to death without doing some noticeable damage to yourself also. Do we have any doctors/pathologist/corner or forensic experts that know if this is actually true or just something you hear on TV shows.

If this is true then I wonder why they are not asking people about 'do you know anyone that suddenly turned up with injuries to their hands' etc. seems like something I would be doing if the above is true. if it is not and it is possible for a skilled person who is careful to stab 4 ppl to death without injuring themselves then nvm.
Not to mention in the dark, they must have been wearing night goggles or a headlamp.

What is there to suggest anyone near them would have a motive. I lean toward psycho stalker, serial killer angle.

I tend to agree that they were killed by someone not known to them, but the frat/sorority angle isn't necessarily unreasonable. If 1 of 20 folks has a personality disorder/pathology, and 1 of 20 of those have emotional dysregulation and/or anger/explosive issues within said personality disorder/pathology, then it isn't unreasonable to assume that someone in their circle is unstable enough to act out violently.

My opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member