ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This actually triggered me to think maybe they used the ladder and the drone to search for the weapon? I’m sure they used the drone for a lot of things, as they are super pieces of equipment to use in LE, but like, how random would it be if the perp just threw the murder weapon on the roof as he walks nonchalantly our the door after brutally murdering 4 people?

P.s Not saying that’s what happened as LE has not confirmed the murder weapon to be found, but just whither one of my random brain jogs!
Excellent thought. I remember there was one murder that caught my eye because the knife was found in the freezer months or a year (I think) later when it was being cleaned out to either sell or rent the house. The investigators never looked in the freezer under the bag of peas, or whatever.

So many places to dispose of a knife.

He did not say D moved into that room. He said her room on the 1st floor was smaller so it would make sense to move to a larger room on the 2nd floor.

She obviously didn't move. Maybe she liked her bedroom being on a separate floor from where the common gathering area was. LE said the 2 roommates that lived downstairs survived.
That’s what I thought because it wouldn’t make sense the other way. and I’m not sure where the information on that video actually came from.

Obviously none of us can say it was a male with 100% certainty but if the killer left any DNA, sex can be discerned and hopefully investigators at least know that answer.

However, I think it’s a male and I’m 99.9999999999% certain based on not just statistics alone but the sheer force, power, and constitution of strength it actually takes to physically kill 4 people while possibly having to silence them or having to fight them off while doing it. It’s almost not even physically possible for a female to do this, especially the way in which it was done… If they were murdered in a house fire or by GSW’s, or poison? — yes. I’d consider a female.

Also, there seems to be some premeditation involved given that the suspect hasn’t been caught yet (meaning organization), the seeming lack of blood trails leaving the house, and the possible stalking aspect by killing most them all while they were in their beds— all pointing to premeditation, not a jealous fit of rage.
How about both. A jealous fit of rage and premeditation

It is in watching Kaylee's Tik Tok videos that I fell in love with her and her bright and beautiful friends/roommates. Their lovely families possess a void because of a ruthless audacious killer.

That sharp sheathed knife is not one we would carry inside our handbag. It is far too long. It is not a pocketknife a guy will loan ya to cut open the tape on a package. This is a deadly Military Style, Military Issued Style weapon. Folks don't just carry these edged weapons, sheathed or not, that is similar to a Rambo knife, when they're hanging out at parties with college friends and buddies.

The two girls were still awake at 2:52am when the last phone data w/J registered. Weren't they? LE tells us the crime occurred around 3 - 4am. How long did it take the girls to give up on calling J at 2:52 and when they fell asleep? The TimeLine is so tight!

GRAPHIC WARNING : : : SCROLL AND ROLL

*** Fair Warning *** Sensitive Subject Matter ***

Xana suffered bruises with her injuries along with or near the stabs. One can only produce a true bruise when one is alive. It is said she fought their attacker. The weapon is wicked. This killer needs to be arrested asap.

Although we have not seen the actual weapon, it's been described as having serrations. Serrations rip through tissues when the knife is withdrawn. Serrations can saw through bone. Serrations cause much more damage than a smooth blade due to jagged edges. The edges of the cuts is how LEO know the Ka Bar style knife was utilized by this killer. This person arrived prepared and ready.

It's uncanny that 4 were killed and 2 of those 4 are not normally present at the King St addy at 3am. The irony cannot be ignored. Ethan was spending a night over and Kaylee was also visiting. One (or more?) of the four was targeted. Did someone hate or resent all four of them tho? If so, who? why?
Screenshot 2022-11-27 10.23.56 PM.png

Serrated vs Plain-edge for self defense (let's settle the debate!)

Just a hunch. I am wondering if all 6 roommates were drugged in some way (besides alcohol).

They come home from their nights out, share a last drink together, maybe prepared by a friend who turns out to be the perpetrator? A date rape drug would do the trick.

This would explain a lot of things: why the victims didn't hear each other, why the 2 survivors didn't hear anything, why they didn't call until later (they were incapacitated).

I don't expect the coroner would release that information if it were true, at least not at this point, but someone with more info on that process, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Also, I went to college many years ago at WSU, just a 15 minute drive away. Many college students in the area regularly skip class, especially if they were partying. Like, SO many. There's no roll call in college. Looking at each one would not only not be feasible, but I believe it would not be legal.

I hope they find the killer soon. My son goes to WSU now, and this whole thing hits so close to home for me, quite literally.

Excellent thought. I remember there was one murder that caught my eye because the knife was found in the freezer months or a year (I think) later when it was being cleaned out to either sell or rent the house. The investigators never looked in the freezer under the bag of peas, or whatever.

So many places to dispose of a knife.
I actually think that the perp did not dispose of the knife. I think that this knife meant something to him before the kill, that he was familiar with using it hence his proficiency, and that now after this it means so much more. It's almost a trophy of sorts now. I don't think that he discarded it, and that if (when?) found, it will still be somewhere in his possession, even if hidden somewhere.

Just a hunch. I am wondering if all 6 roommates were drugged in some way (besides alcohol).

They come home from their nights out, share a last drink together, maybe prepared by a friend who turns out to be the perpetrator? A date rape drug would do the trick.

This would explain a lot of things: why the victims didn't hear each other, why the 2 survivors didn't hear anything, why they didn't call until later (they were incapacitated).

I don't expect the coroner would release that information if it were true, at least not at this point, but someone with more info on that process, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Also, I went to college many years ago at WSU, just a 15 minute drive away. Many college students in the area regularly skip class, especially if they were partying. Like, SO many. There's no roll call in college. Looking at each one would not only not be feasible, but I believe it would not be legal.

I hope they find the killer soon. My son goes to WSU now, and this whole thing hits so close to home for me, quite literally.
I believe that the coroner stated that toxicology reports were not expected to be released or be part of the investigation....going to hunt down the link for you.

It is in watching Kaylee's Tik Tok videos that I fell in love with her and her bright and beautiful friends/roommates. Their lovely families possess a void because of a ruthless audacious killer.

That sharp sheathed knife is not one we would carry inside our handbag. It is far too long. It is not a pocketknife a guy will loan ya to cut open the tape on a package. This is a deadly Military Style, Military Issued Style weapon. Folks don't just carry these edged weapons, sheathed or not, that is similar to a Rambo knife, when they're hanging out at parties with college friends and buddies.

The two girls were still awake at 2:52am when the last phone data w/J registered. Weren't they? LE tells us the crime occurred around 3 - 4am. How long did it take the girls to give up on calling J at 2:52 and when they fell asleep? The TimeLine is so tight!

GRAPHIC WARNING : : : SCROLL AND ROLL

*** Fair Warning *** Sensitive Subject Matter ***

Xana suffered bruises with her injuries along with or near the stabs. One can only produce a true bruise when one is alive. It is said she fought their attacker. The weapon is wicked. This killer needs to be arrested asap.

Although we have not seen the actual weapon, it's been described as having serrations. Serrations rip through tissues when the knife is withdrawn. Serrations can saw through bone. Serrations cause much more damage than a smooth blade due to jagged edges. The edges of the cuts is how LEO know the Ka Bar style knife was utilized by this killer. This person arrived prepared and ready.

It's uncanny that 4 were killed and 2 of those 4 are not normally present at the King St addy at 3am. The irony cannot be ignored. Ethan was spending a night over and Kaylee was also visiting. One (or more?) of the four was targeted. Did someone hate or resent all four of them tho? If so, who? why?
View attachment 383114

Serrated vs Plain-edge for self defense (let's settle the debate!)
I feel like this was a very targeted kill. Others may have woke up and gotten in the way and if that is the case, it makes the whole situation all the more convaluted as to who was the target. I will bet that the target was victimized way more than anyone simply getting in the way. I feel this is how LE knows who the target is.

Hi, i just joined. I have been doing my best to follow this tragic incident and all the comments with different POVs & insight on WS multiple threads and would like to share a little of what I think...

modsnip - no link in MSM to substantiate this statement as fact>

So, I'm curious if its a matter of opinion of anyone else (besides me) that E could have gotten up when he was first attacked in effort to fight back (<modsnip - no link to substantiate> Or, if it hasn't already been debunked when discussed in the very beginning (threads #1 - 3), E possibly hearing a noise & getting up to investigate thus running into the killer, perhaps halfway between the bed & bedroom door?? <modsnip> IMO it's quite possible for him to have been found on the bedroom floor. This scenario could also have presented an opportunity for X to wake up, and give her more room (in the bed) to try fighting off the attacker and also the reason she was found with the defensive wounds her dad claims LE told him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, i just joined. I have been doing my best to follow this tragic incident and all the comments with different POVs & insight on WS multiple threads and would like to share a little of what I think...

I read (first mentioned in the Daily Mail, but seen in other media sources too since) that K & M were killed in their beds, in separate bedrooms, on the 3rd level but that E & X were "attacked" in [a or her] bedroom on the 2nd level. The difference in the wording really caught my attention.

So, I'm curious if its a matter of opinion of anyone else (besides me) that E could have gotten up when he was first attacked in effort to fight back (which would explain the one "or more" of the vics had possible signs of defensive wounds, as reported by several media sources)?? Or, if it hasn't already been debunked when discussed in the very beginning (threads #1 - 3), E possibly hearing a noise & getting up to investigate thus running into the killer, perhaps halfway between the bed & bedroom door?? We now know he didn't make it as far as the hallway (as previously discussed very early on WS & since all 4 were found in bedrooms) but IMO it's quite possible for him to have been found on the bedroom floor. This scenario could also have presented an opportunity for X to wake up, and give her more room (in the bed) to try fighting off the attacker and also the reason she was found with the defensive wounds her dad claims LE told him.
Welcome!

Or...just as importantly... Murphy liked HIM. I wish we knew where the dog was when things were happening. Possibly on the first floor with the two surviving roommates? I'm thinking that even if the dog and the killer knew/liked each other, I can't see that the dog, or any dog, would be standing by quietly when something so brutal as the stabbings was happening. Whether Murphy would have barked, or jumped around trying to join in what he (the dog) may have interpreted as "play", or just wandered around following the killer between floors--- I don't think that he was loose. The killer may have given him something to keep him quiet, but wouldn't that have added one more thing that he would have had to think about beforehand? A local news account described Murphy as "traumatized" but maybe just from the number of people running around his house when LE came. MOO

If the killer visited the house and had the habit of feeding the dog or bringing in something nice, it is all that was needed.

In regards to the 911 call, I can't help but wonder if one of the roommates went to start a load of laundry and that's when she heard E's phone ringing endlessly when he didn't show up for work (which, I don't know if this was solely speculation in previous thread discussions or was actually reported as fact) and that is what caused concern and to further investigate..... MOO.

I also wondered, how likely is it that the reason one or both roommates called friends before the authorities is because they truly did think E was unconscious (if stabbed in the chest, he could have clutched his chest before falling, thus shielding whomever might've caught a slight glimpse by peering underneath a locked door(?) from seeing any blood) - since it has been reported that some had more stab wounds than others - and didn't want the reason, IF it was due to something illicit, to find its way to his student file and be a mark, like on his record. Is that even a thing or no??

On a similar note, I remember seeing a photo in a news story in the first day or 2 of this incident (though I cannot remember which media outlet showed it) of I think 4 or 5 girls sitting on a curb outside near the driveway or parking area of the house, each one wrapped in emergency blankets. They looked like they were crying and/or just completely torn up (emotionally). I now believe these are the 2 roommates and at least 2 of the friends they called to come over before calling 911. It was also mentioned here (on WS) in the very early threads on this case discussion. I have looked for that photo & story so I could quote the source but couldn't find it.

My gut feeling is that the stabbing of the wife and husband last year is related to this case. It is an extremely rare murder for someone to come in the dead of night just to stab people to death, then leave With no motive, such as robbery. I think this person hunts and stalks his victims, then moves on To other victims. I don’t think this person is associated with the campus community, but has blended well to stalk and learn their habits. He might of even been at one of their house parties because he blends in so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020