ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You brought up a good point that made me think about this unpleasant scenario in a different way:

Of course, not everyone sleeps on their backs or stomachs (Rollings killed his victims by turning them around and stabbing through their backs). The coroner stated that all victims were stabbed in the upper chest; with one fatal wound at the end — IICR.

At the very least, the killer would have had to have enough light to see their sleeping or current positions in their beds and turn them on their backs to kill them the way the coroner stated— and it would have to be done in relatively quickly to avoid either completely waking the person, having the person fight back, and/or giving the victim time to yell out in alarm.

Also, I really do wonder how he made his way through the house and in the rooms and actually see and then murder the victims in darkness. I’ve thought about that a lot and I really don’t know and I definitely don’t think he turned on the lights.

*And to fix my typo in my previous post: I was a PIO: I am dyslexic.
Regarding how the killer saw the victims, though I know that others have mentioned night-vision goggles, I wonder whether he (or she) was wearing a headlamp, in which a band around the head holds a light. They're used by hikers, campers, mechanics, and many others, and are available in outdoors goods stores, auto parts stores, Target, Home Depot, etc. The headlamp is usually adjustable so it can point straight ahead or more down. Sometimes they have both white and red lights.

Here's an example:

JMO

My gut feeling is that the stabbing of the wife and husband last year is related to this case. It is an extremely rare murder for someone to come in the dead of night just to stab people to death, then leave With no motive, such as robbery. I think this person hunts and stalks his victims, then moves on To other victims. I don’t think this person is associated with the campus community, but has blended well to stalk and learn their habits. He might of even been at one of their house parties because he blends in so well.
Gut feeling vs LE saying it's unrelated? It's not linked. Murders happening 100's of miles away on the 13th of a month...not even the month of November.

K's phone has been broken into by family, but what will it take to get into M, Z, and E's phones? Can a court order, or search warrent be enough to get phone companies to comply?
Yes. Definitely. LE should have no problem getting the phone records. For complete records, I believe a warrant is needed.

An early media report stated that there was a rumor of them being bound and duct taped and it was not true. If I come across it, I’ll post it here.

Sorry if someone has already responded. I’m playing catch-up on this thread.
Check the Moscow press release:

The statement that those reports "are not accurate" has always stood out to me. Like, not accurate, how?

My gut feeling is that the stabbing of the wife and husband last year is related to this case. It is an extremely rare murder for someone to come in the dead of night just to stab people to death, then leave With no motive, such as robbery. I think this person hunts and stalks his victims, then moves on To other victims. I don’t think this person is associated with the campus community, but has blended well to stalk and learn their habits. He might of even been at one of their house parties because he blends in so well.
No disrespect to your opinion but not at all this is a student that was pissed

I'm unsure still and struggle with the idea that the murderer might be a student friend/peer. A lot of these theories make sense but when I zoom out I remember that these were brutal murders. I dunno if an average college kid would do this and if they did I don't know if they could kill like this for their first time. That thought throws doubt on many plausible theories for me. It leads me to look for someone that has killed before. The person is disturbed and may be an acquaintance. I feel like it's not a student. Look at that murder scene and take it for face value. I like to zoom in and out of the whole picture so I don't lose site of anything obvious.
I wish they'd release the 911 transcript and at least redact anything they don't want out...
I just feel like it would put people a bit more at ease to have something released
I wish they'd release the 911 transcript and at least redact anything they don't want out...
I just feel like it would put people a bit more at ease to have something released

We all want to know more. We want to know every detail. But I am happy to wait for a trial. I don’t think we should apply pressure on LE for information at the expense of their case.

This is my town. I live in Moscow. The perpetrator of this heinous crime has to be brought to justice for us to heal.

Just a hunch. I am wondering if all 6 roommates were drugged in some way (besides alcohol).

They come home from their nights out, share a last drink together, maybe prepared by a friend who turns out to be the perpetrator? A date rape drug would do the trick.

This would explain a lot of things: why the victims didn't hear each other, why the 2 survivors didn't hear anything, why they didn't call until later (they were incapacitated).

I don't expect the coroner would release that information if it were true, at least not at this point, but someone with more info on that process, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Also, I went to college many years ago at WSU, just a 15 minute drive away. Many college students in the area regularly skip class, especially if they were partying. Like, SO many. There's no roll call in college. Looking at each one would not only not be feasible, but I believe it would not be legal.

I hope they find the killer soon. My son goes to WSU now, and this whole thing hits so close to home for me, quite literally.
Nobody has said the roommates didn’t hear or see anything

Curious why nobody has questioned why we have three pairs of two who went separate ways that fatal night. What preceded their plans? Maybe this was normal but from social media they seemed to stick together. Any thoughts as to why this has not been focal point of the investigation? It could just be happen stance or it could suggest more.
The two surviving housemates weren’t out together - they were out separately per LE.

I think a random college kid that committed the crime in a spur of the moment would have probably snapped by now and committed or attempted suicide due to the pressure of being found out eventually. The longer it takes to find the killer, the more psychopathic and cold that person must be. Also addicts have the capability to sweep any heavy looming consequences under the rug.

I think a random college kid that committed the crime in a spur of the moment would have probably snapped by now and committed or attempted suicide due to the pressure of being found out eventually. The longer it takes to find the killer, the more psychopathic and cold that person must be. Also addicts have the capability to sweep any heavy looming consequences under the rug.
Addicts and Narcissits, they tend to rewrite history and are never accountable for anything.

Not all of hers is down and many of the others are still up. LE said the surviving roommates lived on the 1st floor...period.
Look, even LE can be fooled. For all we know she may have been living between two rooms. Who really knows? When I said her social media is down, I meant the one source showing she was on the second level. I know the others have social media up, that's not in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState