ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And regarding Murphy: a little nine month old doodle puppy is barely house broken. They may yap a little at an intruder or during an arousing scene like an attack, but there is no way in hell that dog would have the capability to protect, or attempt to protect, anyone. His breed and his age does not lend itself to the idea that a perp would have to worry about him at all.

How could someone do this? Murder four people in extremely brutal fashion? With two other people in the house? And go undetected by apparently everyone in the process?

This would have taken a very skilled killer.

We’re talking serial killer or we’re talking professional.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
No disrespect to your opinion but not at all this is a student that was pissed
Is it your opinion that it is an angry fellow classmate? —Because obviously there are no known suspects or POI’s that have been named by LE.

So, I’m assuming you’re stating your opinion as well, not as fact.

I’m also curious to know why you believe the perpetrator is a pissed off student and share the deductive reasoning that made you come to this conclusion to help the thread in general and the overall conversation?

My gut feeling is that the stabbing of the wife and husband last year is related to this case. It is an extremely rare murder for someone to come in the dead of night just to stab people to death, then leave With no motive, such as robbery. I think this person hunts and stalks his victims, then moves on To other victims. I don’t think this person is associated with the campus community, but has blended well to stalk and learn their habits. He might of even been at one of their house parties because he blends in so well.
There was also a peculiar case in Washougal WA. I fell down a rabbit hole researching that one for a connection, but there are so few details it makes it difficult to figure out. The Idaho student murders have so much attention that it helps in putting pieces together, but I find it hard to believe that this is the killer's first go around.

MOO

This isn't the first time for this killer. Too BOLD and BRUTAL.... IN and OUT with a clean get away. Targets notwithstanding, this is a serial killer.
Possibly.
If so it's an escalation.
That suggests to me that it's likely to continue..
And I hate writing that because it evokes fear.
And fear feeds it/him/her/them.
It's giving power to the entity.

I'm truthfully really uneasy.
And angry.

Murder weapon is key.

Also the 4 victims are key. There is a reason 2 were spared. What’s the connection between the 4 that didn’t include the 2 survivors?

I don’t think it’s just the house layout. IMO
I think the "dis"connection of the two who were spared is Ethan. It's my hypothesis that the killer was there to kill five women and Ethan was not in that plan. Ethan was a big guy. What if either or each of the other two roommates had a big guy sleeping in their rooms.....it could have increased the risk of the killer getting killed or spilling obvious DNA samples all over the place.

It's Arizona and Southern Utah. I'm pretty sure all of Idaho is on the same time. I live in Arizona but also lived in northern Idaho for a couple years.

Idaho is in two time zones. East of WA is Pacific time and east of Oregon is Mountain. I’ve linked this previously, so it’s been established as fact. :)

Look, even LE can be fooled. For all we know she may have been living between two rooms. Who really knows? When I said her social media is down, I meant the one source showing she was on the second level. I know the others have social media up, that's not in question.
It's all speculation. LE can obviously tell where people slept. Why would she move to 2nd floor? Why not move to the master on the 3rd floor since Kaylee was moving out? It doesn't really matter because she was sleeping on the 1st floor that particular night.

Is it your opinion that it is an angry fellow classmate? —Because obviously there are no known suspects or POI’s that have been named by LE.

So, I’m assuming you’re stating your opinion as well, not as fact.

I’m also curious to know why you believe the perpetrator is a pissed off student and share the deductive reasoning that made you come to this conclusion to help the thread in general and the overall conversation?
Correct complete opinion from information gathered. My opinion of the student is from experience at the school in the past and unreliable resources by websleuths definition.

She does not perform the autopsies, those are done in a nearby county by a forensic pathologist ME. She is an elected official, and nurses can have pathology and forensic training as well. Many coroners have no medical training at all, so I don’t find her background lacking.
Right. I remember the coroner in Uvalde was also the Justice of the Peace.

It's all speculation. LE can obviously tell where people slept. Why would she move to 2nd floor? Why not move to the master on the 3rd floor since Kaylee was moving out? It doesn't really matter because she was sleeping on the 1st floor that particular night.
Well, she clearly wouldn't move to the 3rd floor because Kaylee was there. I wouldn't know where she was sleeping that night because I wasn't there. So unless someone else in that house could attest to that, nobody really knows. The only roommate who would know is the only other one who is not deceased.

Well, she clearly wouldn't move to the 3rd floor because Kaylee was there. I wouldn't know where she was sleeping that night because I wasn't there. So unless someone else in that house could attest to that, nobody really knows. The only roommate who would know is the only other one who is not deceased.
LE would know after talking to B and D.

Excellent thought. I remember there was one murder that caught my eye because the knife was found in the freezer months or a year (I think) later when it was being cleaned out to either sell or rent the house. The investigators never looked in the freezer under the bag of peas, or whatever.

So many places to dispose of a knife.
So easy to dispose of a knife! you can just slam the blade into the ground and stomp on it. It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Unless of course people had metal detectors. Also very easy to conceal.

I've seen so many posts questioning why the surviving roommates did or didn't do xyz, some implying that they may be suspects themselves. I was very unfortunate to witness a tragedy and have someone die in front of me - granted I was 12, but what I can tell you about that experience is that I instantly went into shock. I couldn't remember 911, it eluded me as I stood with the phone in hand. The only number I could recall (obviously this was before cellphones but again in shock, who can say they'd be able to properly operate one) was the number of our good friend down the street. The number that was beat into us as kids, the number that everyone knows, and I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was. I have and will kick myself for not recalling the number for the rest of my life, HOWEVER, I have to remind myself as I would remind the rest of us, that these girls were not behaving in a way we might consider to be 'normal' because they were facing a completely abnormal situation. You have no idea how you might react if faced with something horrific - this is all of course assuming that they saw something. I know the Daily Mail isn't exactly considered to be the purest source of SM, but I read an article in the very beginning of this all that Ethan was found in the hallway, something that has resonated with me as we have heard that perhaps not ALL the victims were FOUND in their beds, just that they were all sleeping and stabbed in them. Some of the victims had defensive wounds, which would suggest that they were able to move/attempt to fight back, so I can see someone staggering out of their room attempting to get help and passing in the hallway: "One of the victims – understood to be 20-year-old Ethan Chapin, of Conway, Washington – was discovered on the floor on the second level of the three-story home.". This would explain the surviving girls perhaps not calling 911 right away, they were terrified and in shock and unable to get help for their friends, who they likely did not know were tragically already beyond help.
When my oldest daughter was an undergrad her husband and a friend went to visit another friend who was having serious mental health problems. They found him dead, having attempted to commit harakiri in the bathroom. Then he left bloody footprints to the bedroom where he cut his own throat on the bed. The death scene was beyond describable. My daughter's husband called my daughter and two others. All five were there when police and emergency services arrived; my daughter called 911 before she left home. The other four never did call. (All five spent about seven hours at the police station while the death was being ruled a suicide.) There's absolutely no way to predict how people will respond when faced with an horrific tragedy; nor can we predict how we ourselves might respond. I cringe when people pop up with nonsensical stuff like "the neighbor smiled during the tv interview so he must be guilty." I cringe, and I pray this person never gets selected for jury duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB