ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this video from CNN has been shared already, but I'm posting it again for anyone who may have missed it -- interview with K's dad and two siblings.

Counter to the dad's interview with Fox News, where others have speculated that he seems to know more than the public does, he mentions here that he isn't getting "much [new information]" from LE. Also important is the emphasis on the timeline: K and M got home at 1:56, not 1:45, and K's sister says that clearing this up is crucial to getting more information / evidence from the public.

Wasn’t the CNN interview before this latest Fox interview? In the Fox interview he says that he asked permission to share some info with the reporter but was told not to do so. He also mentions they have shared passwords in the family, so they probably have all of Kaylee’s texts, calls and messages.

I feel it's the opposite - if this was a serial killer they could release the profile as it's more 'anonymous' and want people to lock doors, be aware of surroundings, be cautious of people, etc.

The fact they think it will put more fear and suspicion on a wide variety (so specific/certain?) of people to me seems either like a specific geographical, social circle or familial demographic would be impacted by this. MOO, I'm thinking out loud completely!

Good perspective/analysis.

Wasn’t the CNN interview before this latest Fox interview? In the Fox interview he says that he asked permission to share some info with the reporter but was told not to do so. He also mentions they have shared passwords in the family, so they probably have all of Kaylee’s texts, calls and messages.
You're probably right that it aired before (I just saw it was posted or updated today at 1:28 am, and I hadn't seen it before) - regardless, some information that I had not heard before.

I'm also of the opinion that LE knows a lot more than they're divulging, for the integrity of the investigation. I hope when an arrest is made that it is ironclad, the evidence complete and irrefutable.
I will admit though that patience is difficult.

Something happened to me in college that I want to share.
I lived off campus and my roommates and I were having a party. At some point a group of us went into the bathroom and were chatting. All of a sudden a guy opened the shower curtain and ran out of the bathroom and out of the house. We did not catch him, nor did we call the police.
Got me thinking, is it possible that this person was already hiding in the house when they arrived home.
I've thought that from the beginning. Everyone is trying to figure out which door the killer might have come in after everyone was home but he could have come in earlier and just waited. Do we know if the 2 surviving roommates had been out at all that evening and the house was empty? Or perhaps they were home and even if there was a noise, they might have thought it was a "usual" house noise. And who knows, maybe the killer was known to the roommates and was even in the house with them earlier and had opportunity to leave a door unlocked for later entry. There are too many things that we don't know, that the surviving roommates might have the answer to (and perhaps LE is already aware of), but of course we have to wait.
MOO

You're probably right that it aired before (I just saw it was posted or updated today at 1:28 am, and I hadn't seen it before) - regardless, some information that I had not heard before.
I only mention that because my impression from the Fox interview is that K’s Dad had some information not previously released…maybe developed after the CNN interview, or maybe from what they can see in K’s phone. IIRC he says he asked permission to share…specifically saying something about this reporter treating them with respect or something…but was told no.

He mentioned a private detective in the FOX interview. So am I taking this to mean he has hired a PI? This is who he said he asked LE if he could share the info he knew and they said no.

I'm trying to keep up here - was it ever specifically stated that the doors of the rooms the victims were located in were both locked?? To me that really adds a bit of curiosity that the killer would lock both doors, to possibly hamper the investigation further, make the surviving roommates maybe think the victims didn't want to be bothered so it would take longer to discover the murders.. ??
No there was no specific information about bedroom doors being locked. Someone said perhaps the doors were locked and from there the idea spread And has almost become fact.

I feel similarly too. I’m also not bothered by calling peers before 911. Once they notice unresponsiveness (knocking, phoning, etc) or even see a body & potentially injuries, their first thought wouldn’t be of murder. It’s more likely they thought someone was intoxicated and injured themselves, imho. I think most of us instinctually assume accident before crime & would react from that perspective.

Do you feel that LE is going to share information from an ongoing investigation with a reporter? I really don’t think so nor do I believe a reporter should inject themselves into an active investigation.

That has been amended, the coroner stated there were defensive wounds.
We know for sure X had defensive wounds per her father's interview.

The fact that they were likely asleep has not been amended. The only thing amended is a clarification that they were not necessarily in their beds when attacked/killed. The coroner does say that some have defensive wounds, but if they were likely asleep those were probably instinctive and even involuntary. Even if they stirred to consciousness somehow during the attack, it would have been brief and not likely long enough to realize what was going on.

My opinion.

have been sitting back just gathering info with no real thoughts on anything.
now thinking E was target by someone in or affiliated with the fraternity just based on proximity.
I lived over on frat row in college due to lack of housing one year... a lot goes on unreported over the year.

Have you all seen the latest interview of Kaylee’s father? Hard to watch in many ways, but he says something to the effect of maybe there’s a selfie that you don’t think matters, but something from an alibi that was supposed to be there isn’t, like parking next to a tree. That then made me think of the police saying, what sounded like a riddle, that sometimes a video or picture that what isn’t in it is just as important as what is.

It just sounds like he was trying to say that there is an alibi that isn’t adding up. That’s certainly interesting. It could be anyone at this point since they’ve spoken to what, 90 people? Again though, while I understand their pain and desperately wanting to catch the killer, the killer is watching all of this. The families need to stop talking
I agree that the families need to stop talking about what little they know about the murders. I don't think that media outlets are interested in talking with family members simply to talk about their children; I think that the media wants to pump them for as much info as they can get from them. And perhaps that accounts for some of the reason why LE isn't sharing much with them; LE fears that whatever they do share will only end up splashed across the news.
MOO

The fact that they were likely asleep has not been amended. The only thing amended is a clarification that they were not necessarily in their beds when attacked/killed. The coroner does say that some have defensive wounds, but if they were likely asleep those were probably instinctive and even involuntary. Even if they stirred to consciousness somehow during the attack, it would have been brief and not likely long enough to realize what was going on.

My opinion.
but 2 people in one bed... that's what's crazy to me... at least one would have had to be woken up enough

IF the girls on the 3rd floor were targeted and also killed first, but nobody from the 2nd floor interrupted the perp leaving, I don't see the motive for killing anyone else.
ETA: If the 1st floor roommates heard the comotion and went to investigate, there would have been two more victims IMO.
I agree that X & E were attacked first for the reason you state. Unless they were targeted then there's no reason to kill them if the killer's real target was on the top floor. Plus it's a much riskier attack with two in the bed, one being a strong male. Then again, the perp didn't seem much concerned with risk. What a bizarre, horrible crime!

When was the last party/gathering at the house? Had they ever received complaints from neighbors?

While I would like to believe LE has a suspect, I find nothing in the limited info they've released that would lead me to that conclusion alone. Everything LE is requesting from the public would be the same if they didn't have a suspect; camera footage, etc. As for the it being a "targeted" attack, while on one hand that could mean suspects from a limited circle, on the other hand, tho, social media and the internet can allow a total stranger access to an intended victim, without the victim themselves having the slightest clue.

Hate to be a contrarian, but that's just me I guess.
Not a problem at all.....that's why we're all here expressing our OPINIONS. I understand your thought process and you may very well be correct, but maybe they have a suspect and not enough evidence to convict. Maybe they are appealing to anybody and everybody if they know anything to come forth with that information, and maybe that information can strengthen their case. Just because they have a suspect doesn't mean they have the goods to convict.

I agree that the families need to stop talking about what little they know about the murders. I don't think that media outlets are interested in talking with family members simply to talk about their children; I think that the media wants to pump them for as much info as they can get from them. And perhaps that accounts for some of the reason why LE isn't sharing much with them; LE fears that whatever they do share will only end up splashed across the news.
MOO

It is a myth that families are kept updated in murder investigations. Vigilante justice is as much a concern as harming investigations.

Just a thought. Woke up in the middle of the night and started thinking about the dog. On Fox last night, with Lawrence Jones, he specifically asked if the dog was in the house the whole time and the State Police spokesperson said “Yes”<modsnip - off limits> My reasoning is because whoever this was did NOT hurt Murphy. I also believe that the killer was familiar to Murphy and liked him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member