ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The weapon here is a big deal -- one chooses to take a knife to threaten someone with, maybe, but not with which to wind up killing four people. Answer why the threat, and solve the case, perhaps.

I had asked if there were Tracking Dogs brought in right away, and others confirmed there was, at least, this one tracking dog as seen in the pic. Some said there are no flags to show hits or findings, but this is just one pic, and there's no telling what LE hasn't shared with us yet.

Tracking Dog

1669600599082.png
Investigators search a home in Moscow, Idaho on Monday, November 14, 2022, where four University of Idaho students were killed over the weekend in an apparent quadruple homicide.

It's been reported that K.G. was not living at the home, but returned to the home to show her friend her new car. Does anyone have any information on why she was moving out and how long she was officially no longer a resident?
Per her sister, KG completed her credit hours early and had been offered a full time job position starting January. I don’t have a link, but read this on another site.

Edited to add- This isn’t the link I was looking for, but it says she was looking forward to moving to Texas to work for a tech company “next year”. I will try to find a link about her graduation - I believe she was set to graduate in December.

Last edited:
Have we ever gotten a time for the sorority dance E went to with his siblings on 11/12? When his parents have spoken one of the things they’ve shared is that they were glad the 3 siblings were all together that day. I’ve wondered if X and E were not together that entire evening and the official law enforcement timeline is only sharing the confirmed times they know they were together. From this Washington post article, E’s parents said that E went as his sister’s date to the sorority dance and E’s brother went with the sister’s roommate. I took that to mean X wasn’t there. Do we know if the dance was during the day or at night? Could it have been during that time between 9 PM- midnight or so? Just my thoughts.

Slain Idaho students leave behind bright memories, big goals

“He was our our daughter Maizie’s date, and his brother was Maizie’s roommates date,” Chapin’s mother, Stacy Chapin, said in an interview Wednesday. The group was attending a dance hosted by Maizie’s sorority. “They all spent their last day together, all dressed up, and had a great time. We’re all thankful that they spent that time together.”
That dance was not that Saturday night.
I believe the article you referenced was part of the misinformation that came out early on. I think it left out additional statements from the mom that would have added context and clarity. She is speaking to them all spending a recent day together, which she was thankful for. I've seen speculation from ppl that the dance was on Friday, though someone posted it was a full week prior. Either way the widely accepted timeline, and what LE has released, does NOT mention this dance happening on Saturday the 12th.

Apologies, am far behind. Who made the 911 call? And when?

Do we have a media/news thread?

Wouldn't the 48.3% of the population that are not students cast suspicion on an even wider variety of people? Just trying to follow your logic here.

My logic is the students (41.7%) have more in common than the non-students (48.3%). Homicides are more likely to be committed by someone known to the victim than by a stranger.

That dance was not that Saturday night.
I believe the article you referenced was part of the misinformation that came out early on. I think it left out additional statements from the mom that would have added context and clarity. She is speaking to them all spending a recent day together, which she was thankful for. I've seen speculation from ppl that the dance was on Friday, though someone posted it was a full week prior. Either way the widely accepted timeline, and what LE has released, does NOT mention this dance happening on Saturday the 12th.
The KAT dance was Nov. 12th.

Did anyone else see that the coroner clarified that NOT all of them were killed in bed? She said that original report that all of them were in bed was inaccurate. Does that not lend itself to that the killer was confronted or someone woke up and called out is someone there & that is why others were killed? I’m assuming he had 1 victim in mind, had to kill the other in the room and then maybe someone else did hear something resulting in the death of the other two perhaps?
no offense, but I think that is a leap. it is one possible scenario, but it could simply mean that someone fell out of the bed during the attack for any number of gruesome reasons. It could also mean that one of the victims (potentially the target) was saved for last and taken somewhere to be posed. it could mean a lot of things.

How bizarre that the two ground floor roommates a) didn’t hear anything and b) were still without a clue at noon the next day. The blood must have been contained to the bedrooms, but I’d think there would be a smell 7 hours after four bloody deaths.
LE stated that the roommates did not wake up until later in the day. I doubt they would have smelled any blood unless they entered the rooms the victims were found in. Travis Alexander's body was inside a home for 5 days before his housemates realized he was missing and called police. He had multiple stab wounds as well.

<modsnip>

But just because the 911 call was routed as an unconscious person does not mean that's what the roommates said. All they had to say was 'I don't know' or 'I think so' when asked if the roommate they were calling about was dead.

Also it was having 3 roommates that caused me to run the fan that I run to this day. I even take it with me on vacation. I can't hear anything upstairs when I'm sleeping. I do wonder if the ceilings/floors had any soundproofing or insulation that would have made it difficult to hear.

I am curious about where the friend's lived that came over. Probably quite close is they were willing to wait. And I doubt they could physically see their roommates so being unsure about whether or not to call 911 makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think many of us understand the families’ frustration with the police not telling them much about the investigation but agree that they shouldn’t share many details. I was surprised to learn from the FBI agent in Brian Entin’s Twitter Spaces that usually the officers and detectives that liaise with the families of the victims aren’t told a lot about the investigation so they don’t inadvertently tell them something they want to keep to themselves. Same with police spokespeople - they don’t have much information beyond generalities of the crime. Maybe everyone knew this, but I didn’t and thought it was interesting!
I can confirm this.

I was the POI intern for a year for a large metropolitan city DA’s office and I never knew more than what the sheet that was dropped off on my desk every morning, or that came up from downstairs during the day if a high profile event happen that I had to write a news release about.

I am a victim’s advocate as well and I’m not briefed about investigative details — just the actual facts when we are on scene, or requested to assist.

I can say, officers absolutely hate doing death notifications (who doesn’t) and we appear to do that in their stead the majority of the time with little information.

I agree. So the perp is likely someone who knows of them and most likely not a college goer. This points to ex’s, personal drug dealer, coworker, neighbors, or young local that they’ve been around.
or someone who became enchanted with one of them via their very active social media posts and had the ability to 'own' one of them.

<modsnip - not an approved source>
Per her sister, KG completed her credit hours early and had been offered a full time job position starting January. I don’t have a link, but read this on another site.

Edited to add- This isn’t the link I was looking for, but it says she was looking forward to moving to Texas to work for a tech company “next year”. I will try to find a link about her graduation - I believe she was set to graduate in December.
Yes! She was to graduate in December and was back at the house visiting for a couple days before returning home for good. Wondering, does anyone know what she was doing for work while in college?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this video from CNN has been shared already, but I'm posting it again for anyone who may have missed it -- interview with K's dad and two siblings.

Counter to the dad's interview with Fox News, where others have speculated that he seems to know more than the public does, he mentions here that he isn't getting "much [new information]" from LE. Also important is the emphasis on the timeline: K and M got home at 1:56, not 1:45, and K's sister says that clearing this up is crucial to getting more information / evidence from the public.
This has been addressed by the LE press release. It was simply an oversight that they didn't update the time on their Wed release, but they had mentioned the video and timestamp. On Friday their timeline on press release was updated.

IMO--nothing to see here

I know this video from CNN has been shared already, but I'm posting it again for anyone who may have missed it -- interview with K's dad and two siblings.

Counter to the dad's interview with Fox News, where others have speculated that he seems to know more than the public does, he mentions here that he isn't getting "much [new information]" from LE. Also important is the emphasis on the timeline: K and M got home at 1:56, not 1:45, and K's sister says that clearing this up is crucial to getting more information / evidence from the public.
This has been addressed by the LE press release. It was simply an oversight that they didn't update the time on their Wed release, but they had mentioned the video and timestamp. On Friday their timeline on press release was updated.

IMO--nothing to see here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member