ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised if the killer didn’t leave town. It’s the perfect opportunity to escape. People went home. Some might not come back. Disappearing wouldn’t be sus at all.

This whole thing seems… planned. It’s like the perp chose the perfect timing. Holidays are a messy period. People are moving around, going home, traveling, etc. There’s no order. It adds chaos to the investigation. This leads me to believe that the killer is not some opportunist nutcase who surrendered to his “urges“, but someone sound of mind who planned this whole thing very carefully. He chose the house, the girl (girls?), the timing. None of this was accidental.

IMO it’s a serial killer. Could be a student, a local, or a transient. Either way, I doubt he’s in town anymore.
I agree with much of this & want to remind folks the murders caused some/many students to leave town close to a week earlier than the official Fall break. Residents also left town early.

I don’t know that serial killer applies yet, though. But I’m firmly in the male perp camp & moo still leaning to this being a stranger. I fervently hope I’m wrong. And I wish I could feel confident that he’s left town — that’s logical — but until there’s a suspect, my gut won’t let me get there. All IMHO.

Like Chris Watts, his whole family except their dog. I have no explination.

the weirdest thing about the dog to me, if it was preent, is that the killer left it alive; killer killed 4 humans no problem... but killer likes cute little dogs? IMO
Meredith Emerson murder and Watts family murders, to name two...

How could they have been together for a year when he is a freshman and she is a junior? He just started school this fall semester.
I’m be the first to admit that I find it difficult understanding the American school/college system & don’t understand anything about fraternities or sororities. MOO

If the dog was significant in any way, LE wouldn’t have turned him over to the dog shelter or whatever it is call in Moscow, right away.
<modsnip
I think the only significance that the dog has in this case, is in taking a sample of it's hair for later comparison to hairs that might be found later on the perps clothing. (Ohmygosh, I can't believe I just posted about the dog!!!!)

The idea of LE calling this a targeted attack bothers me. It almost makes no sense. If it was a targeted attack why were the others murdered? If you go by whats been reported that the victims were murdered in their beds then why wouldn't the killer kill the intended victim and and then leave. Why risk going after the others if they had gotten the one they were after? Is it possible that they murdered the wrong person first and continued three more times before finally getting the target? That seems pretty far fetched. Is it possible that after the first murder the others woke up? But if that were the case they wouldn't have been found in their beds? Unless the killer put them back in their beds? I guess it is possible that the killer snapped after the first one. The only other thing is that is if all four victims knew something and if the killer had only murdered the target, they others would have known who the killer was? So is it possible it was a targeted attack. Yes, it is possible, but it just seems odd at this point with what we know.
It's possible that all of the victims were targeted. They were believed to be attacked in their sleep so I'm thinking the bodies were not moved but left where they were killed.

I just watched. I don't know who he's alluding to, but honestly, I think it's so irresponsible of the media to exploit the frustrations of grieving parents. They (the parents) are also victims here and they're clearly struggling. In that struggle, they very well could compromise the investigation. Case in point, in this interview, Kaylee's dad talks about how they (the family) broke into the phones (assuming he means Kaylee's phone? or maybe Kaylee and Maddie's?). First of all, that isn't something you want the killer to know. Second, what if they broke into it and inadvertently compromised evidence? What if when it goes to trial, the defense claims evidence was planted by the people who broke into the phone?

I don't know, I tend not to blame the media for a lot because I think people are quick to blame them for all the evil in the world when all they do is report on it. And I get that it's a business. But I think they're being sooooo irresponsible here giving the families a megaphone to say anything they want.
During the interview, K's father explained that he helped LE by being able to get into K's cell phone, that it would have taken LE a lot of time to get warrants and information from the cell phone company, and because they have some common family passwords that he was familiar with, he was able to help LE by helping them gain access to K's phone. So this was not about potentially compromising the investigation, but helping speed up the investigation.

Yeah I agree.
It is a big part of now I arrived at my previously posted theory. I believe X was target and their was a "triggering" event that occurred sometime between 8pm and their arrival home. SO much focus has been on K/M....but E & specifically X have much more unknowns in their timeline and intriguing yet subtle word choices from family/friend & LEOs.
Yeah one thing that stands out to me is how out of the way X and E’s bedroom is. You have to go through the laundry room to get there. It’s just did hat a killer made his way there if they weren’t a target.

I think the only significance that the dog has in this case, is in taking a sample of it's hair for later comparison to hairs that might be found later on the perps clothing. (Ohmygosh, I can't believe I just posted about the dog!!!!)
Tsk tsk Good point!
That pup Murphy is world famous.

Last edited:
How could they have been together for a year when he is a freshman and she is a junior? He just started school this fall semester.
I’ll be the first to admit that I have difficulty understanding the American school/college system & know nothing about fraternities or sororities or what they’re for & what Greek Life means. Here in Australia schooling is in grades from 1 - 6 for primary school & grades 7 - 12 for high school. MOO

Seriously, I still wonder if the golden doodle may have heard something and was whining repeatedly and sniffing around. The dogs restless behavior may have been signaling something and one of the residents just put in its cage to sleep. The dog may have been moved downstairs because of the fuss

If indeed it was one or more of the young women that was the target - is it statistically rare that the female was not sexually assaulted? What would that indicate about the killer (s)?
It could still be a sexually motivated crime without the assault for a few reasons:

1. Piquerism is a form of sexual sadism and paraphilia (abnormal sexual desires) and the knife is basically a stand in for penetration:

“Piquerism is a sexual interest in penetrating the skin of another person with sharp objects. Sometimes, this is serious enough to cause extreme injuries or even death. Piquerism is a paraphilia as well as a form of sadism. The most frequently targeted areas of the body are the breasts, buttocks, and groin.” Wikipedia

2. There is also the possibility that E “interrupted” the deviant fantasy the perp may of had and he got spooked by having to fight him off (total conjecture on my part) — or something else interrupted him where he didn’t “complete” his mission, for lack of better wording.

3. The murderer was possibly physically unable to preform.

4. This crime was motivated by something in his mind and it wasn’t a robbery and more than likely the sexual component of it was the main driver in someway, IMO.

Attachments

• B4F415A7-24A3-4BF9-BF84-45813E1C1F91.jpeg
    B4F415A7-24A3-4BF9-BF84-45813E1C1F91.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 30
OK I have never stabbed somone either, but if you are stabbing with one hand, wouldn't you be grabbing with the other? I imagine the grab would leave bruises unless this killer is the gentlest killer ever. IMO
not necessarily, but possibly:

I think the killer brought knife skills, had practiced, and since there's two weeks of nothing, I am starting to think they had some decent tech skills, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper