ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm re-posting my earlier post because I think that people are overly fixated on a Ka-Bar type knife.

I'm not convinced that LE firmly believes that the knife that was used was a Ka-Bar type (fixed blade) knife. At the November 21 press conference, when LE was addressing "speculation, conjecture and misinformation", they emphasized that "early in the investigation" local businesses were canvassed to see if any fixed blade-type knives may have recently been purchased. From what I can tell, LE was canvassing local businesses about that issue up through Monday, November 14 -- only one day after the bodies were discovered. Police seek 'Rambo'-style knife in University of Idaho murders probe: report. However, the autopsies weren't completed until November 17th. New details: Autopsy confirms all 4 University of Idaho students were murdered. I think the autopsies would tell LE a lot about what type of knife was likely used and I think LE was trying to clue everyone in to the fact that a fixed-blade knife purchase was only an early investigative idea that they were pursuing. We've heard nothing about the knife type after the autopsies. JMO. See 6:50-8:25 here:
LE did mention a fixed blade knife specifically in their 11/23 press conference:

We have heard mention that Kaylee may have stated that she may have had a stalker. Detectives have been looking into that and to this point have been unable to corroborate the statement, although we continue to seek information and tips regarding that report. No suspects have been named or arrested and we continue looking for, what we believe to be, a fixed blade knife, used in the murders. We have not released the names of any of the subjects who spoke on the 911 call and we have not released the call itself. Any online reports of the victims being tied and gagged are not accurate.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

Last edited:
‘Our focus is the investigation, not the activities’.
What does everyone think LE mean by this when encouraging people to send in any videos/ tips? I’m probably reading into it but maybe they’re encouraging people to not be scared of sending in information if it involves something illegal eg drugs etc

Edited by me to add in investigation

Last edited:
IMO the frat house offers the best vantage point to observe the house without being noticed. The front of the house is fully visible from there. It has a direct view of the front door, living room, Xana’s bedroom, third floor bathroom, and Kaylee’s room.

I‘m not saying the fraternity had anything to do with it. I’m just pointing out that it’s a good spot to observe the house from.
Are you saying one can view the 1122 King Road house from Sigma Chi House Fraternity? If so, that's interesting to me. Do we know if any roommates aside from X visited the Sigma Chi Fraternity house 11/12/22?
he may have entered through the slider but when did he do that? the day before or the moment before the attack. <modsnip>
There seems to be a period of time Saturday night 11/12/22 when all of the roommates were out of the 1122 King Road home; Thus, I wonder if it was then that the killer visited the house to scope it out...maybe crack open some windows then exited prior to the 1am of 2 roommates getting home...then came back shortly after...maybe as a guest. LE have crime scene tape around a huge outdoor rock that almost seems like a good stepping rock prior to hopping over a side metal fence in one of the media videos released to public. But I am baffled by lack bloody exit trail by killer.

Much closer to local than most of us!
‘Our focus is the investigation, not the activities’.
What does everyone think LE mean by this when encouraging people to send in any videos/ tips? I’m probably reading into it but maybe they’re encouraging people to not be scared of sending in information if it involves something illegal eg drugs etc

Edited by me to add in investigation
Underage drinking perhaps?

The house seemed to be well maintained by the property management team. Aside from lack of secured fencing around the house and a security system, this seems like an ideal house for 5 or 6 roommates...nicely spread out bedrooms between floors and 3 full baths. Students seemed to often come and go from house and many neighbors were also students. Seems like a respectful, clean neighborhood, so this had to have been someone who felt comfortable cleaning themselves up after commiting horrific killings. Was there a knife already at the house...maybe in "Home Owners locked closet or something that students knew about? Or did killer bring his/her knife to scene? Why did killer wait until all roommates home and at least one guest...a strong athletic boyfriend of one roommate? Like I would guess many roommates would go home during Thanksgiving break, so if this was a target on one roommate, I would think killer would wait until house occupied by a less students/roommates. Seems like killer rage was almost sudden or time crunched where it had to be done at time done. Did the killer feel betrayed by one or more of the victims the night of 11/12/22 and went into killing spree?

Are you saying one can view the 1122 King Road house from Sigma Chi House Fraternity? If so, that's interesting to me. Do we know if any roommates aside from X visited the Sigma Chi Fraternity house 11/12/22?

There seems to be a period of time Saturday night 11/12/22 when all of the roommates were out of the 1122 King Road home; Thus, I wonder if it was then that the killer visited the house to scope it out...maybe crack open some windows then exited prior to the 1am of 2 roommates getting home...then came back shortly after...maybe as a guest. LE have crime scene tape around a huge outdoor rock that almost seems like a good stepping rock prior to hopping over a side metal fence in one of the media videos released to public. But I am baffled by lack bloody exit trail by killer.
Bbm. Do you know there was not a bloody exit trail?

If it’s a fact (idk), he may have removed his shoes at the door upon entering and put them on when leaving. Ditto for outerwear. Just a thought.

JMO

I suspect whomever done this was known to the roommates. Even invited him over before. That's why LE can’t list him as a suspect through DNA. They have his DNA at the scene. Not blood but an other source. That’s why they can’t go off the DNA evidence alone to prove he is the killer. All the suspect has to say is “Of course my DNA was at the house! They were my friends. They had me over before!”. He would unfortunately be correct. I imagine it would be incredibly difficult to get a conviction off his DNA being there because of that.
Do you or does anyone have one of the first photos taken of the folks who had been in the house sitting on the curb wrapped in emergency blankets right after the police arrived?

This crime does not seem to be premeditated:
The weapon in question sounds like a hunting knife and anyone with a hunting knife will own a rifle. No rifle was used. This was an individual who in a fit of rage ran back to his pickup truck and pulled out the only weapon he could find. His hunting knife…

If it’s a fact (idk), he may have removed his shoes at the door upon entering and put them on when leaving. Ditto for outerwear. Just a thought.
Maybe he parked on dark side of the houses where it is pitch black at that time and changed in his car which may have been parked there.

Very good points. He probably didn’t realize that he’d have that much time and thought the victims would be discovered closer to 9:00 am. If he is a local, as you say, and he drove out and back to discard clothing evidence and the weapon, LE may have seen his vehicle going and coming on 95S. He would want to do this under cover of darkness. Sunrise in Moscow on that date was 6:48 am.
LE is looking for footage/info for between 3:00 am and 6:00 am. If it played out like this, I’m guessing that the killer probably didn’t go more than a half hour out of town. 95 crosses the Clearwater River over the Memorial Bridge near the town of Lewiston, about 34 miles south of Moscow. A great place to toss the knife.
Between Moscow and Lewiston there’s miles of open farmland with few homes or businesses. I also see several ponds along the route.
I believe the person lives within walking distance of the house and could see it.

I am wondering if the dog may have helped in the discovery of the bodies. Dogs have a very keen sense of smell, and by the description of the scene, could the dog have gotten out of the downstairs room and been trying to get into the room with Xana and Ethan? Or perhaps tampered with evidence that may have been on the ground before the roommates downstairs awoke? Many dogs love the taste of blood, so I am hoping that the dog was examined before being given back to his owner, who I do not believe had anything to do with this.

Underage drinking perhaps?
MOO it would make more sense for a drug dealer to carry a knife and not someone who supplies alcohol to underage students. But there's no reports that any drugs was at scene nor any drug deals going on. Lots of red tumbler cups at house and what looks like Coors beer cans. Maybe the 1st floor roommates started to clean up house of red tumblers, beer cans Sunday morning and noticed what appeared to be unconscious guest/roommate...maybe roommates did not get close to victim but saw throuh bedroom door if slightly opened or window. Maybe a cellphone alarm of one of the dead roommates on 2nd floor repeatedly went off and no one waking up to alarm caused concern by alive roommates. At least 2 roommates were of drinking age and the others close to 21. Maybe unconscious person had blanket placed over body so it was not clear stabbing happened and victim appeared at first to look passed out and not dead. I also wonder if some victims did not die right away but were unable to call out for help.

looks like it says "the bodies of at least some of the idaho college students who were killed earlier this week were found in beds"
The video linked 1/2 way through.... "When you said they may have been sleeping... Where they found in beds?"..... YES
looks like it says "the bodies of at least some of the idaho college students who were killed earlier this week were found in beds"

Excellent poings. No I don't know if there was a bloody trail. Just did not see one on any of the media videos posted publically. There was a large rock that looks like dark red substance on it that killer could have stepped up on to easily hop the metal fence to exit yard. LE put crime scene tape around rock up to fence and seemed to study the rock in detail. I saw no markers on the ground around exterior property that I assume would be there if blood or prints on exterior ground be killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper