ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This leads me to believe the perp is a young immature, possibly impulsive young guy but definitely emotionally and cognitively immature. He didn’t think have the cognitive abilities to think this through-that’s why the crime scene is “messy”
or planned obsessively and loved the challenge. Besides, the killer had probably been in the house before, had all of the online photos and videos. those girls lived life online. I also think he monitored closely. many exits are a bonus if you're going to potentially murder four people. Out is as important as In if you plan to escape. I won't even address the animal because and if he dispenses silently, quickly and methodically, no worries about the open floorpan. besides, if they could see him, he could see them and make a run for it. I'm sure he was suited up with face covered JIC.
On the first floor, he'd have been trapped, so bad idea, didn't do it. I think he monitored them, potentially, but asleep and out for the night, he wasn't too hurried. I posted a link from a former Navy Seals trainer on how to quickly incapacitate/kill with a knife to the neck. I also think that his cognitive abilities seemed sharp enough when he managed to leave with no footprints, etc.

It's been my feeling that a female suspect is likely, due to the dynamics of the all female household and no sexual assaults-- but, I think it could also be an (older) man avenging on behalf of a female peer of the college students. A father figure "for" his daughter for instance (not necessarily with daughter's knowledge or approval, but who may realize it now), attempting to even some score.

I try not to get tunnel vision on my hunches, but I'm still not satisfied that the root of this group being targeted wasn't someone who may have vied for K's spot in the house and was badly (hurtfully, in their eyes) turned down/spurned. The main targets then being X and M, the primary decision-makers on the subject, located on separate floors of the house.

Per information here at WS: Xana held the lease, had the house for a couple of years. Xana and Maddie had a longstanding work relationship at the Mad Greek and probably had a large community of acquaintances from there.

The catalyst being someone in their orbit, yes, in their age group, yes, but perhaps not exactly a social peer for one reason or another. The suspect, maybe not so much.

I don't know if this makes any sense to anyone else, but I'd love some feedback. I'm certainly not tied-down to the idea, but I just don't get full on male energy from this crime. No sexual component in a house full of beautiful young women seems off.

jmo
moo
mo
I was also wondering about the pool of acquaintances they had from the restaurant where they worked.

I, too, feel like the killer was a local, and perhaps living or often visiting very near to the house. Someone who could see the comings and goings of the students at the house. A very angry, and / or very envious person.

I keep thinking of this movie quote:

What does he do, Clarice? What is the first and principal thing he does, what need does he serve by killing? He covets. How do we begin to covet? We begin by coveting what we see every day.”

― Thomas Harris, The Silence of the Lambs

True. Of course, social media enables coveting what we see every day, too.

I’m watching this video now and it gives an outstanding 360 degree look at the immediate area around the house as well as surrounding neighborhood. It’s definitely worth a look IMO! Thank you for recommending it!

This was excellent!!!!
Behind the house near those apartments says a whole lot!! Very informative!

Killer must be wondering if he now must wait for a DNA profile to identify him. How very unfortunate for him, how very stupid.

Think about trying to sneak into a building at three in morning, with plans to kill 4 individuals, in 3 different bedrooms, on 2 different floors, with only 1 knife. And then, quietly disappear back into the night like nothing happened. What could go wrong? Everything. If the military were planning this, it would take months.

I think this person gets off not just on the attack phase, but the planning phase, the recon and the thrill they get of entering somebody's house unbeknownst to the people living there.

I think they'll get him though. I believe he's close to that house. Never underestimate the FBI's tools to draw the bad guys out.

Seems like everyone is fixed on one of the 4 being the targeted (obviously that is the most likely scenario) but hoping LE is also looking into Roomate1/Roomate2 as well. Half the people following this story couldn't get the difference between the 1st/2nd floors, possibly the killer(s) couldn't as well. They haven't been able to find any stalkers with K, possibly either R1/R2 were the ones targeted. Killer(s) could have followed them home then pulled around to the back treed area. Looked into the sliding glass area and thought that was the first level. Sat and waited but couldn't figure out who was in what room. One of R1/R2 looks similar to K&M, possibly he thought they were R1/R2 and saw them go upstairs. After he killed K/M he was coming down and that's when E heard him so he had to kill EX at that time. Probably left after that because that probably made some noise. E doesn't look like a small guy and, even intoxicated, he would've put up a fight. I know it has seemed to disappear but there was mention that R1/R2 did hear something but never left their room. My guess is that is when they heard E struggling with the killer.

I'm a noob so bear with me!

Was it in the most recent press conference, or somewhere else, that LE said they would not disclose whether there was evidence of the perp being on the first floor (ground level, where the surviving roommates were sleeping)? I agree with other posters that the perp might have tracked blood into the first level, or left some other evidence that they visited that floor and left the surviving roommates unharmed. The language of "not disclosing" suggests there might be something. Was there a blood trail on the floor that led the surviving roommates to call for help, or feel cause for alarm? Just another horrible possibility. JMO.

Was it in the most recent press conference, or somewhere else, that LE said they would not disclose whether there was evidence of the perp being on the first floor (ground level, where the surviving roommates were sleeping)? I agree with other posters that the perp might have tracked blood into the first level, or left some other evidence that they visited that floor and left the surviving roommates unharmed. The language of "not disclosing" suggests there might be something. Was there a blood trail on the floor that led the surviving roommates to call for help, or feel cause for alarm? Just another horrible possibility. JMO.
I wonder too if they're hedging on that point because they suspect that the killer may have come in through the lower floor front door, with the keycode, as there were no signs of forced entry. Seems like if there were visible blood on the first floor the survivors would have called 911 right away instead of calling friends. JMO.

A concoction of stimulants, alcohol, and a heaping dose of rage can create the conditions for a violent psychotic state in an otherwise normal person.

My opinion.

Great point. My mind (soft, quiet place that it is) immediately went to those Bath Salt drugs that give a person superhuman strength and homicidal mania, but if that were the case, how could they have left no footprints or blood trail? That's a hard one for me that I keep goign back to: no obvious mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member