ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone find it strange the police have not mentioned the apartment building to the left of the girls house? Maybe they have and I missed it.

For me it’s just odd it hasn’t been discussed more.

The fact that there is a substantial sized apartment building, primarily one - two bedrooms… with the best access to the dead end road behind the house, also has best indoor Birds Eye view of the home….

I believe they are called queens road apartments. 500 queens road.

The killer could have easily stalked the girls, learned their routines and been able to enter and leave the home unseen. Given the coverage behind the house and to the apartment building.

I’m attaching Google images for you to tell me your thoughts.

If I were an investigator… I’d want information on everyone and their friends who live in this building.
I've seen a few interviews from people who live there on the news.

First time post .. sorry if this has already been discussed.

Is it possible the killer could have come into the house prior to all six students arriving home? I'm not familiar with all details of the three levels of the house, just thinking there may have been an area on the 3rd floor where someone hid waiting until K and M were in bed asleep.
Wasn’t 1 bedroom empty too? He could have hidden in the closet, or somewhere else where perp would know they wont go to late at night.

First time post .. sorry if this has already been discussed.

Is it possible the killer could have come into the house prior to all six students arriving home? I'm not familiar with all details of the three levels of the house, just thinking there may have been an area on the 3rd floor where someone hid waiting until K and M were in bed asleep.
If it hasn't been ruled out by LE then it is possible but that would be taking a huge risk. It was a known place for parties etc. If the person had laid in wait and all of a sudden the rooomates brought people home for drinks/a party and everything else that goes with that then that person would then leave themselves in a seriously compromising and dangerous position.

Interesting aerial that you posted, I did not realize that 1260 Walenta was that close to the back of property, I went through surrounding Google street view about a week ago to get an idea of how open & wooded it is, how far homes are set back in general, and noticed on Walenta there is an unobstructed view of/and proximate to street from a Ring camera on that home (or what appears to be a ring camera), IMO.. if in fact it is, and the perp was on foot, bike or car and passed in front of that Walenta home, hoping here LE has something to look at. AMOO..
The wooded area behind that area all backs up to Walenta Rd. What's also interesting is a walkway that's a direct shot from Taylor Rd (and Sigma Chi) that ends in a narrow set of stars directly facing the front door.
It's a pathway I can well imagine E traversing many times, and maybe the night of the murder with X.
If the killer wasn't specifically targeting K or M, he may have followed E and X home from the frat party...or came as a guest of theirs.

*Forgive the terrible arrow.

taylorsteps.pngtaylorsteps2.png

If it hasn't been ruled out by LE then it is possible but that would be taking a huge risk. It was a known place for parties etc. If the person had laid in wait and all of a sudden the rooomates brought people home for drinks/a party and everything else that goes with that then that person would then leave themselves in a seriously compromising and dangerous position.
Plus, the dog...

The wooded area behind that area all backs up to Walenta Rd. What's also interesting is a walkway that's a direct shot from Taylor Rd (and Sigma Chi) that ends in a narrow set of stars directly facing the front door.
It's a pathway I can well imagine E traversing many times, and maybe the night of the murder with X.
If the killer wasn't specifically targeting K or M, he may have followed E and X home from the frat party...or came as a guest of theirs.

*Forgive the terrible arrow.

View attachment 383870View attachment 383871
that's the route which suddenly got a new light bulb fitted to the wall light, after the murders

Sure hope LE has someone monioring this site. Great theories. Just chiming in with my two cents.Who is the perp? Physical Traits: Smaller to medium build. Fit but not in a traditionally athletic way. Def not overweight or body builder type. Not handsome but he doesnt realize he isn’t. Has at least one trait that he has hated his whole life - maybe crooked teeth, freckles, red hair, higher pitched voice, etc. Family: Raised by or spent a lot of time with grandparents or extended family. Conservative family that likely has a US flag in front yard. Has a cooler, better looking brother or is an only child. Father had run ins with police and maybe served time for assault or drugs. Father or mother experienced some more serious mental illness and perp may as well, but sense he hasnt been accurately diagnosed. Resists seeing a counselor and perceives doing so as a weakness. Hobbies: Outdoorsman into big game hunting and fishing and likely has photos of some “hunting trophies” on social channels. Switched instagram account to private after murders. Plays violent military themed video games. Frequents pawn shops where he may have purchased the knife. Education/Work: Current or former student at Univ of Idaho. Has not graduated and may be taking “some time off.” Works at a laboring type job (landscaping, pressure washing, exterminating, etc) that requires him to wear a branded shirt or uniform. May have had a job at the victims house. Deeply resents the students who have financial support of parents. Criminal justice major or has shown interest in police force, secret service, security. Other: May be from home town of one of victims. Def social media friends with one if victims and may not be connected with other victims via social media. May have had a girlfriend in the past that betrayed him or dumped him. He mistook friendliness from one of victims as romantic interest. He may have known one victim casually and offered to do favors etc for her perhaps buying drinks, food, driving her someplace. He feels used by one victim. His rage was not only about current victims but also rage for past girlfriend or maybe his mother. Exagerates a lot. Tries to be funny but isn’t. Has small dog syndrome. Arrived to the home on foot. Does not do drugs.

Last edited:
I just don't understand because in the previous interview with Steve ( and Olivia and the son) they were asked about a Kaylee stalker and Olivia was absolutely adamant that Kaylee had never mentioned this and Steve didn't interject.
Do you think he's only just heard about this?
I wish they hadn't cut away as soon as he said that. I think some context was needed for that statement.

I just don't understand because in the previous interview with Steve ( and Olivia and the son) they were asked about a Kaylee stalker and Olivia was absolutely adamant that Kaylee had never mentioned this and Steve didn't interject.
Do you think he's only just heard about this?
I'm not sure, it's certainly odd. My first thought is definitely that this info is new to the immediate family. Sister's insistent denial never ruled out the possibility of a stalker for me. At that age I didn't dare tell close family about this kind of thing because I didn't want them to worry or try to intervene. When you're newly independent you can feel a lot of pressure to appear to have everything under control. MOO but if there was a stalker Kaylee was worried about, she maybe thought the move would solve the problem and there's no use bringing it up to family.

Interesting aerial that you posted, I did not realize that 1260 Walenta was that close to the back of property, I went through surrounding Google street view about a week ago to get an idea of how open & wooded it is, how far homes are set back in general, and noticed on Walenta there is an unobstructed view of/and proximate to street from a Ring camera on that home (or what appears to be a ring camera), IMO.. if in fact it is, and the perp was on foot, bike or car and passed in front of that Walenta home, hoping here LE has something to look at. AMOO..
from the aerials, the house is not that secluded- there are sone trees, but if some one was hiding in them for hours, the people walking dogs in the neighborhood would probably uncover the person, IMO. November in ID- the trees are not leafy.

The fainting story resonates with me. It's pretty simple when considering the other crazy stories going around.

Here is some reputable info on vasovagal syncope (Fainting):

And I agree, "unconscious", whether 911-dispatcher-talk or not, does not make complete sense here in regard to horrifically murdered people and the scene(s) that go along with it.

If anything, the 911 caller(s) could rightfully be considered in shock and incoherent. If the callers said "unconscious" I bet it was in answer to a dispatcher's question trying to make sense of what was happening. Totally JMO.
Love that you used Mayo Clinic as the source on this as I am from Minnesota :)

One of the specific triggers of fainting is overstimulation due to sight of blood, of which there was obviously plenty at the scene and if either survivor saw any of the victims they'd see blood. While what happened to EC/XK/KG/MM is beyond comprehension, it's equally devastating to the two survivors and something IDK if they will ever get over the rest of their lives.

My only hope is that the media leaves them alone and lets them grieve and recover in private for a very long time. If God forbid that were my child and a media outlet called to interview her, I don't know if I could hold my tongue but let's just say they wouldn't be calling back again.

Tweet reads:
NEW: I just interviewed
@LatahCountyID
prosecuting attorney Bill Thompson. He confirmed that one of the victims in the home was in fact the target. He also said he’s confident they are going to find out who did this & hold them accountable. Tune in to
@KTVB
at 4 for his intvw

Apologies if this has already been shared. It's coming from Morgan Romero, so may not be a verified source.

Does anyone have an idea of what the approximate AGE of the perpetrator might be? Leave a reason why you do think that way....

I'm thinking maybe.....27-29? Feel he doesn't have the focus or the discipline required for schooling. College dropout.
I have posted many times on here my theory about the perp and have never wavered from that thought:
  • Male
  • Aged 18-30
  • Lives in the area - may not live in Moscow but close by
  • First murders of humans they have committed
  • Did not have a specific plan in mind that night other than to kill his target
  • Knew at least one of the victims casually; likely not in their direct social circle
  • Had been to the home at least once and had studied it's layout
  • Was obsessed and/or angry with one victim in particular - have always thought KG or MM - due to some perceived wrong they 'committed' against him
  • Likely source of this perceived wrong was unrequited love or affection meaning he loved them but they didn't back
  • May not have directly stalked target but did so indirectly through social media and probably did so obsessively

I'm not sure, it's certainly odd. My first thought is definitely that this info is new to the immediate family. Sister's insistent denial never ruled out the possibility of a stalker for me. At that age I didn't dare tell close family about this kind of thing because I didn't want them to worry or try to intervene. When you're newly independent you can feel a lot of pressure to appear to have everything under control. MOO but if there was a stalker Kaylee was worried about, she maybe thought the move would solve the problem and there's no use bringing it up to family.
agree that everything should be taken with a pinch of salt.

here's the original interview

the question is at 2.52 mins

My opinion of what happened with the surviving roommates and the 911 call that morning:

Roommate(s) (RM) are up Sunday morning and it is strange that X is not awake and up for the day--maybe even had an event or brunch that she was expected up for. So RM knocks on X's door with no response. RM then tries to open X's bedroom door and discovers it locked. So RM then calls X's cell phone and X does not answer--but roommate can hear the phone ringing in X's bedroom (so she knows she is in there not responding). So RM then tries calling E's cell phone to see if he knows what is up with X---and the RM can then hear E's phone ringing in the locked bedroom as well. So then RM starts to get concerned and calls E's brother and frat guys that are essentially right across the street a the Frat House to see if they know anything or can come help. E's brother and frat brothers come to the house and knock on the door and call for E and X through the door with no response. So they decide to call 911 and report an unresponsive person in the bedroom. While on the phone with 911, the dispatcher directs them to try to open the locked door (this is when the phone gets passed around to different people as we know happened on the call). During the commotion on the call with 911, they eventually find a wire hanger to pop open the bedroom door and find the horror scene of their friends/sibling/brother stabbed to death in a grizzly scene. The RM and friends who are there then run out of the house and wait for police to arrive.

This scenario would account for all of the various strange facts we know about the morning and the call that seem off to all of us but seem to make sense to me.

Thoughts?
So many things just don't make any sense for me. First of all, we don't know almost anything about their drinking habits or how they normally react or feel in the morning. Is it normal for them to sleep past noon after they were out drinking, (survivors said if I'm not mistaken, that the house was strangely quiet and no one was around and that was strange), so they send them messages but nobody replied and they were concerned. So that was not normal for them? So, if they were concerned and went upstairs to check on them, knocked and called them, heard phone inside but with no reply, they immediately called his brother to come and help but don't go upstairs on the third floor to check on other friends who didn't reply on messages either? they are not afraid for themselves at that moment because they didn't see blood or any other suspish things going on except for E&X not answering. IMO that doesn't make any sense.

Coroner said that 2 and 3 floor were very bloody. Whole floors or just bedrooms, we don't know that either. But if a survivor fainted and others called 911 because of that, where did she fainted? If she fainted on the spot (second floor) because she saw bloody scene and her friends dead, then the person who called 911 would see that too and wouldn't only say that other person fainted or is unresponsive but would say that her friend fainted and that there is a lot of blood and that her friend/s is/are probably dead or unresponsive too. So I think that the dispatcher would have to write that too, or something like that (not that they are dead, but maybe about blood..). If you listen to other 911 calls when dispatcher contacts police they say that there is a lot of blood, person unresponsive, possible crime scene. I don't know if they all interact with police or not, but on some 911 calls you can hear they do.
If a survivor fainted downstairs, wouldn't she scream first if she saw something upstairs and then run down before fainting? So again other survivor wouldn't know why she fainted so she would try to help her or she would call 911 before calling E brother because she doesn't know what happened upstairs? Why would she called him first if she doesn't know what happened to E or anybody else? IDK, that too doesn't make any sense. So she had to find something or somebody before calling E brother, or she went upstairs for help and saw the same thing as the one who fainted. But then again, if she saw something, ran downstairs, called his brother for help, waited for him all the while her friend was unconscious and then they called 911... Again, doesn't make any sense.

Sorry for my bad English grammar but I hope you understand what I wanted to say.

Now the head prosecutor Bill Thompson is saying that maybe the house was the target, and not necessarily any particular individual or individuals. Interesting why he's now throwing that out there. And LE has the initial 911 that they can always release if they reach a dead end on leads. The fact they still haven't released it yet tells me that they are hot on the trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot