ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you see this posted? The timeline here states that "Investigators believe all four victims had returned to the home by 2 a.m. the night of the stabbings. Two surviving roommates had also gone out in Moscow that night, police said, and returned to the house by 1 a.m."
Roughly a 4 hour gap in the timeline of E&X.

MPD said that they will not say who was found in (which) bed and who not. They have stated that at the beginning of the attack "The four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times".
K's dad suddenly said at the vigil that they were in the same bed. If it's true or not, where did he get that idea from and for what reason did he say it in his speech, is unkown.
presumably by LE but maybe Steve was not asked to share the details with the public?

As others have said, grieving families have to be given some lee-way as to what they might blurt out when they're bereft? I very much doubt he is trying to compromise the investigation deliberately. ( equally, it's up to the listener as to whether they believe a grieving father might get a key fact wrong)

bringing this clip over from the last thread

Entin reminds viewers that LE had only recently said that they preferred not to answer questions on occupancy of each room, to avoid ' compromising the investigation'

Yes I've taken all that into account. He was likely told far more by police or ME abut the crime or at least facts relevant to his daughter than the public has been told. Maybe even more than the pubic will know for some time or ever. MOO.
IF M and K were sharing a bed it may be that they were afraid of something. They reportedly made numerous calls to "Jack" in the wee hours of the morning....possibly seeking his help. jmo

I understand and accept that the investigators will not and should not disclose a lot of details. They have to do their job. I sincerely hope they have a lot of answers to our questions already, which means they they are getting closer to catch the monster.

I still think that the killer may be from another country as then he can simply dissappear after the killings and everyone who knows them will assume that they went to their native country and would not think twice about their departure. Also, it is more difficult to an observer from a small town to 'read' someone from another country, a lot of strange things of their behaviour the observers may explain with that person different upbringing, but it is often not the case. It is also very often that even the closest friends of someone from another country may not know a lot of details of that person's background such as military background or involvement in war, issues with LE in their native countries. Often people do not advertise such experiences. For more than half of my life I have been living long period of times <modsnip> in few foreign countries and know this from personal experience.

On the other hand, to certain level same could be said for everyone who moved to Idaho from another part of the country and who can easily hide their past. He is not a novice to rage and killing, I think.

So to continue from my last post: Everything MPD or parents have stated says all 4 killings or initial stabbings, happened in 2 beds. Yes?
My recollection is that law enforcement has only revealed two victims were killed on the second floor and two were killed on the third floor.

Coroner said all in bed, then “most in their beds” which can be interpreted a few ways.

I don’t recall which official source recently said they were all suspected to have been asleep when attacked. That would not necessarily mean all four victims were found in bed the next day, but it implies they were in bed when attacked.

Long ago, KG’s sister implied in an interview that K&M died together and it sounds like KG’s father has now said they were in one bed together (correct me if wrong, I did not watch the vigil).

Long ago, Ethan’s mom said “They (X&E) were in the same room” which can again be interpreted a couple ways. Given all of the above, I would assume they were in bed together when attacked.

JMO and to the best of my recollection.

Where did you see this posted? The timeline here states that "Investigators believe all four victims had returned to the home by 2 a.m. the night of the stabbings. Two surviving roommates had also gone out in Moscow that night, police said, and returned to the house by 1 a.m."
is there not a gap in their timeline for the day? If not then my apologies.

looks like we got a stranger homicide creepy guy who lives in the neighborhood probably watched them in the window in the past then decided to finally break into the house threw the slidder might be the reason why on the bottom first floor girls were spared. sad this might go cold but I hope not only becuse I know it takes a while to process everything at the lab and get the tec drops from towers and camera's from town. Will see fingers crossed

I understand and accept that the investigators will not and should not disclose a lot of details. They have to do their job. I sincerely hope they have a lot of answers to our questions already, which means they they are getting closer to catch the monster.

I still think that the killer may be from another country as then he can simply dissappear after the killings and everyone who knows them will assume that they went to their native country and would not think twice about their departure. Also, it is more difficult to an observer from a small town to 'read' someone from another country, a lot of strange things of their behaviour the observers may explain with that person different upbringing, but it is often not the case. It is also very often that even the closest friends of someone from another country may not know a lot of details of that person's background such as military background or involvement in war, issues with LE in their native countries. Often people do not advertise such experiences. For more than half of my life I have been living long period of times <modsnip> in few foreign countries and know this from personal experience.

On the other hand, to certain level same could be said for everyone who moved to Idaho from another part of the country and who can easily hide their past. He is not a novice to rage and killing, I think.
Hmm. Food for thought. 4 stealthy, successful murders single-handedly with only a knife indicates some expertise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe They Were In Ethan’s room where He lived, Wanted To Be Alone, They We’re BF and GF.. I just Don’t find this All That unusual, With just one exception, It’s Odd That LE Can’t determine Their location via cell tower pings which says Their phones may Have been turned Off, One Last Thing, Where we’re Their vehicles we’re They left At The House on king rd? From What I understand the party was within walking distance from The house

Maybe They Were In Ethan’s room where He lived, Wanted To Be Alone, They We’re BF and GF.. I just Don’t find this All That unusual, With just one exception, It’s Odd That LE Can’t determine Their location via cell tower pings which says Their phones may Have been turned Off, One Last Thing, Where we’re Their vehicles we’re They left At The House on king rd? From What I understand the party was within walking distance from The house

The family of KG has been through an unspeakable tragedy. I don't even know how they are functioning. However, MOO is it might be time for them to either A) - Stop talking to the media entirely or B) - Do interviews but make it clear the only questions they'll answer are about who their daughter was in life. Her vibrance, her kindness, her hobbies, etc.

I have a pit of my stomach feeling that many media outlets are using the family to pump them for info they know that LE hasn't released publicly. Listening to the last few interviews from KG's Dad and sister, virtually the only questions asked are about the investigation. This makes me sick because it shows me that the interviewers - and there have been multiple ones - only care about sensationalistic aspects and getting clickbait headlines about "never before released" details of the crime and IMO they are taking advantage of a family in shock, grief and despair.

I have noticed that the initial interviews from EC's parents all focused on who he was. He was funny, loved football which is Mom didn't but watched NFL scores anyway so she could talk to him about them, kind, a triplet, etc. They painted such a beautiful picture of their son. However, either they've gone silent or press won't talk to them anymore because they tried to pump them for info and the family wouldn't budge.

Kaylee seemed like an amazing person and I really wish the interviews with her family would only focus on that. I'd ask the media to stop trying to take advantage of this family but I know that's an exercise in futility. I had a low opinion of most MSM coming into this case, and IMO this exploitation has done nothing but solidify those thoughts.

I heard KG's speech at the vigil and I hope that any further interviews with media can focus on that because the man clearly loves his little girl.

Last edited:
MPD said that they will not say who was found in (which) bed and who not. They have stated that at the beginning of the attack "The four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times".
K's dad suddenly said at the vigil that they were in the same bed. If it's true or not, where did he get that idea from and for what reason did he say it in his speech, is unkown.
I didn’t watch the vigil so can’t speak to the context in which KG’s dad said this, but when KG’s sister implied this a couple weeks back, it was in the context of sharing how close K&M were, how they experienced everything together, and how is was a small comfort to the family to know K&M had each other when experiencing this horrific event together. I am paraphrasing but that was the gist of it.

Hmm. Food for thought. 4 stealthy, successful murders single-handedly with only a knife indicates some expertise.
Even switched off phone could be pinged, unless the mobile phone battery is removed or is dead and needs to be charged.

Were there and video cameras in Corner Club? Does anyone know?

That Dad said they were sleeping in the same bed doesn't compromise the investigation at all, because it is doubtful that law enforcement told him that. He is probably making a reasonable assumption (a likely true one based on his experiences), and is rationalizing his grief, which any of us would do. We would all hope that our children didn't die alone, and if there was any chance that they didn't we would err on the side of optimism.

My opinion.

IF M and K were sharing a bed it may be that they were afraid of something. They reportedly made numerous calls to "Jack" in the wee hours of the morning....possibly seeking his help. jmo
I don’t think this, why would they not have called Maddies boyfriend for help if that was the case? Or the other flatmates, or Ethan? I think people are reading too much into these calls to Jack, they probably shared a bed because kaylee had moved out or just because that’s what girls often do (when I was at uni I would frequently share a bed with one of my flatmates after a night out) and I think they called jack because again, 21 year old girls, alcohol, boy problems = calling that guy 10 times and then wishing you hadn’t when you wake up in the morning.

I think that the prosecutor is local and used to a very small stage, plus in town where there is very little crime. I think he was likely tired of people criticizing that they have no idea about anything at this point, they don’t know what they’re doing, and so he decided to be honest and say that basically that they know that one of the girls was targeted. I think that the police then did not want that out there and so they walked it back.

Everyone of course wants to know what is going on, but until they have the maniac behind bars, everyone really does need to stop talking. They should refuse all interviews and the families and the police should all stop doing any interviews. it’s just too hard to try to navigate every word that will be par stout and to basically try to answer questions without saying anything. They should just release a statement and say until there is an arrest, it is better that they not do any interviews. And then they can do press releases like they have been doing to say who they ruled out or what they do not believe is related “at this time“.
Loose lips sink ships.
My thoughts on conflicting statements. Moscow PD is probably as frustrated at the public statements made by the mayor and prosecutor as we are. Unfortunately, there is nothing they can do about it except plead for them to stop and express their annoyance behind the scenes. The mayor is their boss and the county prosecutor is the chief law enforcement officer in the county.
Normally a mayor is expected by the citizens to make some kind of statement when a major event occurs in their jurisdiction. However, this should be limited to expressing their confidence in their PD and committing to provide the resources need to assist in the investigation. Normally the district attorney or, in this case, the county prosecutor would not begin making public comments until it’s time to prepare for trial other than perhaps commenting on the fact that they are working with the pd to assess probable cause etc. They should not be throwing out the evidence to a wandering journalist.
I think Moscow PD has tried to be as transparent as possible in keeping the public informed. I think their press releases have provided much information to the public, but for some reason, the general public is not satisfied until they parade out a group of LE personnel from all the agencies along with a sprinkling of elected officials to answer questions. Press conferences keep people away from the business of investigating the case and usually devolve into misquotes and/or misinterpretation.
If you live in a small town where 4 horrific murders took place in the middle of the night by a perpetrator who slipped away into the darkness, does LE really have to tell you if it was targeted or random in order for you to take the precautions you should be taking? Back when the Boston Strangler was causing panic in the City and people were buying locks and weapons until the supply ran out, LE begged women not to open their doors to strangers. He continued to kill because folks didn’t listen or they didn’t think it could happpen to them.
Yes, people want answers, but, unfortunately, sometimes answers aren’t immediately forthcoming.

That Dad said they were sleeping in the same bed doesn't compromise the investigation at all, because it is doubtful that law enforcement told him that. He is probably making a reasonable assumption (a likely true one based on his experiences), and is rationalizing his grief, which any of us would do. We would all hope that our children didn't die alone, and if there was any chance that they didn't we would err on the side of optimism.

My opinion.
I think it is likely that the police would tell the families where their loved ones Bodies were found though (just my opinion I have no idea really)

My thoughts on that were that K was only in town for the weekend, implying that she'd already moved out. If that is true, her parents, specifically her dad, might have been the ones who helped her out. So she wouldn't have had her own bed, dresser, stuff there anymore. I don't think it would be that unusual that two close friends would share a bed under those cirucumstances. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1