ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like she called ex instead of 911. If Dad is saying killer didn't need to go upstairs it almost sounds like X or E was the target. If X or E killed first and since both had defensive wounds, there would be some sort of chaos in my opinion at the house...noise of some sort.
I could possibly believe they called ex instead of 911 but only if they were calling M’s boyfriend as well at the same time (We don’t have that info.) BUT keep in mind, K’s sister said it wasn’t strange for K to keep calling someone if they weren’t picking up (my summary of the sister’s words) so IMO it just sounds like she was drunk dialing her ex.

MOO

ebm: typo

Are family members allowed to view murder victims before burial? I was reading about family members who were either allowed or not allowed to see family members who died of traumatic injuries on this website:
Certainly -- once the coroner releases the body for cremation/burial, nothing from a legal sense (short of affecting public interest) can prevent a family from viewing the victim. Whether or not a good idea is another question. Idaho State also allows a home burial.

I could possibly believe they called ex instead of 911 but only if they were calling M’s boyfriend as well at the same time (We don’t have that info.) BUT keep in mind, K’s sister said it wasn’t strange for K to keep calling someone if they weren’t picking up (my summary of the sister’s words) so IMO it just sounds like she was drunk dialing her ex.

MOO

ebm: typo
I get the drunk calling of ex, but why stop at 2:52AM, 8 minutes prior to the start of 3AM kill hour? Why then send text to ex about co-owning dog together. IMO, text would only be if there was some sort of rejection response by ex to the calls. What time did ex call M or K back on 11/13? I think K &M called ex cause they wanted to sleep with Murphy since K was moving soon to Texas.

Why not putting up posters? Like if you have any information or you were in the area before or on 13th and noticed something or someone acting unusually, watching 1122 or behaving suspiciously, please contact that and that numbers?

It will give some purpose, something to do to families.

Can someone explain why that may be a bad idea?
I think at this point in the case they are being swamped with thousands of tips and they must investigate each one so begging for more tips or offering a tip reward is counterproductive.
In the recent Fox interview KG’s dad said LE explained this to him, he was told they don’t need to ask for more help from the community.

City of Moscow Police
King Road Homicides

UPDATE​

(December 3, 2022)

• Throughout the investigation, detectives have collected the following:
    • Over 2,645 emails through tipline@ci.moscow.id.us
    • More than 2,770 calls to the Tip Line at 208-883-7180
    • Over 1,084 digital media submissions to the FBI link

Besides YouTube experts, has anyone, one who is currently employed at Behavioral Analysis, come forward with a profile or a "look for this" statement? They still do that right? They did in Delphi correct?

now that SG said "points of damage don't match" for K and M, that means they were stabbed in different parts of their bodies. (Or, at least some of the wounds aren't the same, they might've had some that were the same.) So i'm thinking something like one was primarily stabbed in chest, while the other had wounds to throat, or face, or genitals, etc. which would certainly seem targeted. JMO.
IF there were two perps there may have been different kinds of knives used. IMO

Hard to keep up so apologies if this was stated, but I saw a number of posts debating what Kaylee's dad means by the damage to the victims (assuming he meant Kaylee and Maddie) don't match. What he says "the points of damage don't match."

My thought immediately went to one of them may have been damaged and killed in a more sexual way.

MOO.
It was long ago reported there was no sexual assault, and the fatal wounds were a stabbing to the upper chest with a large knife.

In a rage attack, it's plausible one victim might be stabbed repeatedly (overkill) whereas a collateral damage victim might only be stabbed once in the heart.

Here, there's been nothing presented thus far to suggest any victim was killed in a more sexual way.

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed the similarities in this case and Villisca?
Yes. In that case, I believe that the prime suspect was an oddball who had targeted one of the girls but probably hadn't spotted her prior to that night—so it was targeted but not planned in advance, as I recall. That's one that I would really like to see solved along with the Axman of New Orleans and Hinterkaifeck.

I get the drunk calling of ex, but why stop at 2:52AM, 8 minutes prior to the start of 3AM kill hour? Why then send text to ex about co-owning dog together. IMO, text would only be if there was some sort of rejection response by ex to the calls. What time did ex call M or K back on 11/13? I think K &M called ex cause they wanted to sleep with Murphy since K was moving soon to Texas.

I’m reluctant to head discuss the dog again but I was of the impression the dog was at the girl’s house.

It was long ago reported there was no sexua assault, and the fatal wounds were a stabbing to the upper chest with a large knife.

In a rage attack, it's plausible one victim might be stabbed repeatedly (overkill) whereas a collateral damage victim might only be stabbed once in the heart.

Here, there's been nothing presented thus far to suggest any victim was killed in a more sexual way.

Could you remind me which Father said "bruised and torn? please?

I think the timing of the last call is what determined the beginning of the estimated time of attack. The murders didn’t necessarily start right at 3 am, it could’ve been later.

IMO, the “we have a dog together” (paraphrasing) text is just a classic response to him not picking up her drunk calls. In that headspace, it’s common to say things like that to get a response.

I don’t think they’d be calling him because they wanted to sleep with the dog, considering the dog was at the home.

SG says he was told the entry point was the middle floor (slider or window). He goes on to say that the intruder's "entry and exit are available without having to go upstairs or downstairs". IMO, that means that the target was absolutely on the 2nd floor. The intruder should have been able to do whatever he came to do without going anywhere but the middle floor.

Then the interviewer mentions that SG has said that Kaylee and Maddie had different means of attack which suggest one of the 2 girls was the target. They ask if he can say which one of the 2 was targeted and he says that he asked for permission to tell, but was asked not to.

I thought the "means of attack" comment wasn't clear about who it referenced. "They" had a different means of attack could have meant the 2 girls were different from X&E or that they were different from each other. Did I miss where he alluded to it being about Kaylee vs Maddie? That doesn't make sense to me. If K or M was the target, the intruder did HAVE to go upstairs.

What did I miss? I obviously missed a detail somewhere.

--------

Think that I found it. Was he saying that K or M was definitely the target otherwise the killer wouldn't have gone upstairs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member