ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides YouTube experts, has anyone, one who is currently employed at Behavioral Analysis, come forward with a profile or a "look for this" statement? They still do that right? They did in Delphi correct?
Many, but I think all are “ex”, not current, I don’t know if any department would allow a current employee to do that.
They are offering conflicting analysis, it runs the gamut of every theory imaginable.
Edited to add: none are privy to any evidence not available to the public

I get the drunk calling of ex, but why stop at 2:52AM, 8 minutes prior to the start of 3AM kill hour? Why then send text to ex about co-owning dog together. IMO, text would only be if there was some sort of rejection response by ex to the calls. What time did ex call M or K back on 11/13? I think K &M called ex cause they wanted to sleep with Murphy since K was moving soon to Texas.
I don't think they did send a text, wasn't the text about coowning the dog sent whilst she was home at her parents? Jmo

They can also be identified by dental records
And DNA using parents DNA to compare. DNA identification is considered as the most accurate way for identification. I still do not see a connection between the murder investigation and how the bodies were identified.

Many, but I think all are “ex”, not current, I don’t know if any department would allow a current employee to do that.
They are offering conflicting analysis, it runs the gamut of every theory imaginable.
Edited to add: none are privy to any evidence not available to the public
So, do they not release profiles based on actual evidence anymore? Its only for law enforcement?

Also, thanks for the response! Everything is all over the place and a lot to keep up with!

SG says he was told the entry point was the middle floor (slider or window). He goes on to say that the intruder's "entry and exit are available without having to go upstairs or downstairs". IMO, that means that the target was absolutely on the 2nd floor. The intruder should have been able to do whatever he came to do without going anywhere but the middle floor.

Then the interviewer mentions that SG has said that Kaylee and Maddie had different means of attack which suggest one of the 2 girls was the target. They ask if he can say which one of the 2 was targeted and he says that he asked for permission to tell, but was asked not to.

I thought the "means of attack" comment wasn't clear about who it referenced. "They" had a different means of attack could have meant the 2 girls were different from X&E or that they were different from each other. Did I miss where he alluded to it being about Kaylee vs Maddie? That doesn't make sense to me. If K or M was the target, the intruder did HAVE to go upstairs.

What did I miss? I obviously missed a detail somewhere.

--------

Think that I found it. Was he saying that K or M was definitely the target otherwise the killer wouldn't have gone upstairs?
IMO
The different means of attack could be because one girl was attacked in her sleep and the other woke up and defended herself thus distracting the killer from inflicting more stab wounds, but it could mean one was targeted too.

Wow, how awful for those girls… Not only would it have been absolutely terrifying for them at a time when they would’ve been on such high alert, but they were also completely invalidated by the press release describing their experience as “unfounded”. Now that the PIO has corrected the wording to “unsubstantiated” (which still seems wrong to me, considering they’re aware of at least one eye witness & multiple neighbours that responded to the screaming), I can only hope that LE isn’t dismissing the potential connection here.
LE provided that new information supporting the claim would be welcome and investigated. I believe unfounded was introduced to this story when surveillance did not corroborate the event. I think authorities are trying to be both politically correct and at the same time, trying to protect the witnesses from fallout by the community. (Local radio was not so generous). JMO

SG says he was told the entry point was the middle floor (slider or window). He goes on to say that the intruder's "entry and exit are available without having to go upstairs or downstairs". IMO, that means that the target was absolutely on the 2nd floor. The intruder should have been able to do whatever he came to do without going anywhere but the middle floor.
RSBM
Or the sliding doors were unlocked so the killer used them? It takes much more work to enter on the 3rd floor via the balcony and the 1st floor door had a coded lock. To me, all the sliding doors tells me absolutely is that those doors were an easy entry.

MOO

What is the significance of a Jack in the Box bag? I assume it was just a delivery service who brought the bag, which is why her name is on it.
If I call in an order to-go and go pick it up in the drive-thru, my name is on the order and I give my name when I pick it up..same with my pick up grocery order, my name is the order identifier. If I have an order delivered, my address and name is on the box or bag and I usually have to sign for it. With just a name and no address, how would someone know where to deliver it unless there was more than one bag.

Idaho student murders: Rumours, 'clues' and online detectives

“Despite seeking tips from the public, authorities in Idaho are warning rumours and speculation being spread by a growing army of amateur web sleuths is hindering efforts to solve the grisly slaying of four college students.”

“..these efforts, experts say, can drain investigative resources, complicate future jury selection, encourage false confessions and bring unwanted - perhaps even dangerous - public scrutiny on innocent residents.”

The floor plan you have is old. If you’ll watch the video in post #4 of this thread, you can see the updated floor plan with corresponding photos. It will really help you understand everything.
Another option is to go to the photos posted online. There is a real estate photo of K's room where you can see the balcony, the closet, and half a door (wouldn't be framed unless it had a door). There is a compilation of photos here on WS that shows the photo. Will have to scroll down a bit to see it.

And here is a copy of the photo I am refering too.
1670200101202.png

Attachments

• 1670200008570.png
    1670200008570.png
    483.1 KB · Views: 44
I try my best not to pick apart a grieving person's words; I've been through grief a few times and I know I certainly didn't make much sense to those around me during those times. So, I extend that 'exemption' and acceptance to others during their grieving periods.

However, seeing the words 'the points of damage don't match' my brain deduces that down to 'so, IOW, we/I can then conclude that to mean, well, that means the culprit was definitely not trained in battle and definitely does not have any kind of human medical/anatomy training. Okay, got it.'

>>>proceeds to cross off any med students and trained-for-battle persons from my mental list<<< (always possible to change, but not likely at this point)

All just my personal take, opinion, and speculation.

Oh okay! :( Maybe those delivery places do drive that far or maybe after X and E left the party they were last known to be at, they drove to the next town over for Jack in the Box. I recall there being a question of where they were after the party and before the 1:45-2am time they were all getting back to the house.
Hours of Operation

Day of the WeekHours
SunOpen until midnight
Mon6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Tue6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Wed6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Thu6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Fri6:00 AM - 4:00 AM
SatOpen 24 hours
310 Ne Stadium Way
Pullman, WA 99163

(509) 332-5317

Thanks for clarifying. That has always made the most sense from the beginning. Why go upstairs if X or E was the target and K&M were sleeping. I know that SG is not stating "fact"...he is putting pieces together using limited information and as he says, common sense. This is a pretty big piece though. If it was K&M that had different means although they were in the same bed, why are sleuths still analyzing Doordash receipts in Xana's room?
We are analyzing *everything* because we have very few facts. Even though something someone said might make practical sense, that doesn’t make it a fact in this case.

MOO

Idaho student murders: Rumours, 'clues' and online detectives

“Despite seeking tips from the public, authorities in Idaho are warning rumours and speculation being spread by a growing army of amateur web sleuths is hindering efforts to solve the grisly slaying of four college students.”

“..these efforts, experts say, can drain investigative resources, complicate future jury selection, encourage false confessions and bring unwanted - perhaps even dangerous - public scrutiny on innocent residents.”
Rabid and dangerous too.

I try my best not to pick apart a grieving person's words; I've been through grief a few times and I know I certainly didn't make much sense to those around me during those times. So, I extend that 'exemption' and acceptance to others during their grieving periods.

However, seeing the words 'the points of damage don't match' my brain deduces that down to 'so, IOW, we/I can then conclude that to mean, well, that means the culprit was definitely not trained in battle and definitely does not have any kind of human medical/anatomy training. Okay, got it.'

>>>proceeds to cross off any med students and trained-for-battle persons from my mental list<<< (always possible to change, but not likely at this point)

All just my personal take, opinion, and speculation.
oh, I think that's a leap. I can think of some ways that they wouldn't match that would not indicate that the killer didn't have human medical/anatomy training...

Just my opinion…

If Police were to share a little more information with the families, and keep them in the loop of the investigation then Kaylee’s Dad may stop talking to the media? he might be attempting to bargain with the Police, to receive more information, by using the media to vent his frustration …

By Police not sharing, with the families, it may be having an opposite effect with what the Police are trying to achieve?

I certainly don’t mean for the Police to share every little detail … but perhaps to answer some of the families questions… share enough information that the families don’t feel totally excluded … and maybe Police need to better communicate their strategic reasoning for withholding info … it may come down to a basic communication problem …???

Grieving persons do not always “hear” the full message initially, and only hear/ focus on small parts of the information …. Sometimes things need to re-explained in simple language …
E.G. Much like people who hear a dreadful medical diagnosis for the first time … they only hear the “diagnosis” and can’t remember anything else from the conversation … it often needs to be re- explained a few times..

I feel that Kaylee’s Dad wants the Police to share the “target” or a “reason“ for the target, so as to streamline the tips in that particular direction ???

I think Police shutting the family out will have the reverse effect of what they are trying to achieve ….I do hope each family have been provided a Police Liason person.

Again, Just my opinion …. And absolutely not bagging Police ….
I think that's a slippery slope and sets a bad precedence. Police, I am sure, are sharing what they can. Being a squeaky wheel cannot be allowed to change there operating procedures. As much as the victims families are going through, LE is there to protect the public, not just the families of the victims. If they can't share information for fear of damaging their chances of an arrest and prosecution, then that is what must be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper