ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Entin also played a phone call with Xana’s mother who said that Xana’s father had repaired a lock the week before.

Well that is interesting…that she did dial 911 but maybe didn’t say anything….that could account for the narrow timeframe LE gave in the beginning.
I just put the interview up on my tv and the closed caption says “did” but I think that is a mistake. I think he said didn’t but his voice dropped off. He was talking about the text mags she sent and said they were not fearful or upset or anything like that.

IMO - you cannot possibly know this. Not sexually assaulted does not equate to no sexual element. imo.

I want to be very clear so that I do not break the rules or waste the mods' time - this is just my opinion/theory that follows....

If this is true about K's injuries, then it is not a surprise to me, and IMO fits with my current theory which is evolving. IMO this killer was quite familiar with one of the women and IMO at this point in time, I believe that was K. Again, jmo, no fact to support this. IMO the killer was potentially triggered a couple of weeks before the murders which is when -- again IMO -- he started to plan for real (although imo this was probably not his first murder). Again, jmo, no fact to support this. I saw something that queued for me, and I wondered if that was a trigger, but I am not elaborating because I am being careful about the rules and do not wish to in any way state this as anything other than my own opinion and evolving theory which is based on the same facts everyone else has. IMO this is what prompted LE to bring in the FBI BAU right away, and again I fear it may have been a little creepier than average, but again, JMO based on the fact that the BAU was involved and we are three weeks in. And again, jmo, no fact to support this.
Ok, I am intrigued! Could you possibly share where you saw the potentially triggering item?

I would also argue that it is Femicide, too.
I lean that way as well. Because this was so unexpected, but also targeted planned and brutal, it seems like something abnormal in the suspects head about the targeted victim. Something about the killing seems like it's by a man and on account of her gender: femicide.

At some point, they could have crossed paths. Sometimes that's all that is needed to attract the attention of someone with femicide tendencies.

If one victim was "more brutal" than the one laying beside her, could that also suggest a male/female duo? What if Ethan and Xana were treated the same?
I don't think that's necessarily a given. A lot of the dyad killer cases I've read about have been two males, and there often will be a disconnect between the amount of violence committed. Often the less aggressive one in the attack is actually more of the mastermind, oddly enough, because it becomes more a matter of impressing each other than it does anything about the victims. MOO

If one victim was "more brutal" than the one laying beside her, could that also suggest a male/female duo? What if Ethan and Xana were treated the same?
It could also suggest many other things, like she was the last one to get attacked, so he could take his time with her. Or possibly that she had a chance to fight back, while the others didn't.

I recorded the part where Brian walks from the front of the house to the back & tells Ashley Banfield That Kaylee’s injuries were more brutal. I’m sure I can’t post it.

Looking at the house, I’m constantly struck by how isolated it seems from the back but in front, it practically has another house or 2 in the driveway.

Brian Entin also played a phone call with Xana’s mother who said that Xana’s father had repaired a lock the week before.
Was the lock on the sliding glass door broken as well? Cops put chairs there but I’m uncertain as to the reason why? I believe LE said no forced entry so maybe it was unlocked or? Broken?

If K and M were killed last, he could've exited via the sliders/balcony on floor 3. I seem to recall photos early on of what was perhaps blood on the banister/balusters.

My opinion.
There's no way to go from the third floor balcony to the second floor ground level. The only exit from the third floor is on the second floor.

After all the info up to this point, I'm starting to get the vibe that it's becoming more and more possible that multiple attackers were involved in this. I understand a previous tenant said that it was hard to hear anything going on above but I just find it hard to believe that all of that was done on two levels without it being heard.

The only way in my opinion is that there were two. I understand they were sleeping and that could make it more plausible for just one attacker. I just think it is a possibility that hasn't had enough thought to it.

All my opinion.
Many of you must live in houses with really thin walls. There's no chance that I would hear anything in my house on a different floor on the opposite side of the house. There's only 1 first floor roommate that was directly below X's room and when you're living in a house with that many college students, you probably have white noise playing and/or dismiss any noise unless it's an audible scream or constant pounding of some sort.

IMO, there's no chance that there were 2 killers. What other cases have had 2 killers stabbing multiple people in their home? Then you would have 2 sets of footprints, 2 sets of fingerprints, 2 sets of DNA, 2 people walking home with blood on them somewhere, 2 people that haven't told a soul what they did in 3 weeks, etc. One killer is usually caught by being careless. 2 killers would increase the chance of being caught exponentially.

Hi all, I believe this is only the 2nd case I’ve commented on in a number of years, I’m usually reading from the sidelines however wanted to get involved with this one as it’s so perplexing. I’m in Australia and trying to keep up with this fast moving thread with the time difference is near impossible so please let me start by apologising if I’m going back over things already discussed.

A couple of things…

Firstly, I’ve seen conflicting reports that they were all attacked as they slept but also the Xana (unable to comment on others) had defensive wounds - both can’t be true. Im completely baffled as to how someone could be stabbed multiple times while in the bed next to you yet you don’t wake up so I would believe he was attacked first and she woke and tried to defend herself.

This then brings me to the fathers comment about the perpetrator not having to go up the stairs. Could it be that Ethan was the target and attacked first before Xana awoke and as a result she was also killed. One of the girls upstairs (M or K) possibly heard the commotion and woke up and the killer realised they heard/saw and went upstairs to ensure no witnesses. This to me falls in line with the dads comment about the individual not having to go upstairs, as in, he had killed his target and the witness and had no need to go upstairs *but* the girls woke up. Or something like that.

I also found Kaylee’s dads attitude in that same interview towards E and A a little odd, cold even. I understand what he said about not wanting to speak of another parents child and that M was most likely like his own, however he even seemed dismissive when the reporter almost corrected him to bring E and A into the conversation as victims. Grief is a complex thing, and I’m likely reading too much into it but that attitude along with his comment about not having to go upstairs left me with the feeling that he believes that E and/or A were the intended targets and M and K were caught up in the crossfire so to speak. I know there’s been a lot of comments about him maybe getting at his daughter being the target but I can see it as the other way round and thought I’d share as another point of view.

As for the comment about different means of death between K and M, I took that as him meaning one was attacked more aggressively than the other and to link that with my theory above, maybe one of the girls fought back harder or maybe only one of them woke to the commotion downstairs and the killer was dealing with someone awake and on high alert vs someone still sleeping or only just having woken up as the attack on the 2 girls began.

My thought is that the perp came in via the sliding door on level 2, went straight into where E and A were sleeping, went to leave and heard one or both of the girls upstairs and attacked them once they realised the girls could potentially ID them.

HOWEVER, in saying all of that, I do feel like given the time that has passed without a POI or arrest, coupled with the choice of murder weapon and the fact that no one has come forward as having significant injuries to their hands/arms which I’d expect with this type of crime, it’s leaning towards someone who has done this before or at least has some time of background in weapons handling, etc. I can’t imagine how an individual that’s never killed before just picks up such a weapon and murders 4 people so easily without themselves being injured or leaving a mass of evidence. I know there were earlier reports that the perp had been sloppy but if they were that inexperienced I would think they would have been arrested by now. Earlier posts about the person possibly wearing non slip gloves just makes the whole thing even creepier to me as that would take a whole other level of pre-meditation IMO.

All my own opinions based on info from MSM, WS and personal theories.

Was the lock on the sliding glass door broken as well? Cops put chairs there but I’m uncertain as to the reason why? I believe LE said no forced entry so maybe it was unlocked or? Broken?
Brian E said he wasn’t able to get more info on which lock her father repaired, whether exterior or interior door. He showed a photo of one interior door with a key code lock on it, as an example only.

I just put the interview up on my tv and the closed caption says “did” but I think that is a mistake. I think he said didn’t but his voice dropped off. He was talking about the text mags she sent and said they were not fearful or upset or anything like that.
He definitely said that she didn't call 911. And they would know if she did because they were the first to unlock the phone records.

Why not putting up posters? Like if you have any information or you were in the area before or on 13th and noticed something or someone acting unusually, watching 1122 or behaving suspiciously, please contact that and that numbers?

It will give some purpose, something to do to families.

Can someone explain why that may be a bad idea?
It’s not necessarily a “bad” idea, but it may not be a beneficial idea. Wanted posters frighten people and LE may not receive any more info or different info than what they are receiving on tip line. Plus people pull wanted posters down and litter the streets

I think so. I believe police said there was no sign of a break in, and we did see kitchen stools blocking access to the second floor patio door after the murders. The door was left open by the suspect. It sounds like the lock on the kitchen patio door was broken, possibly broken before the murders.

I have always been open to the idea that there was more than one attacker, one of the main things that argued against it was the implication that there was one weapon used for all the injuries. Mind you, just an implication I got from some of the early statements by the coroner and even the singular use of the word weapon in the MPD Press Briefing.

But I did notice today that on the 20th, they specifically changed their language from "the weapon has not been found" to "no weapon has been located".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67