ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to hear what Xana's dad has to say. He specifically complained about the front door automatically locking and how they would get in house via an open sliding door. MLS listings don't show keypad locks in the bedrooms.

Xana's mom has never been to the house and I don't what type of relationship she has with her dad.

I would think he would have said something about a bedroom lock in his interview

Google Photosz

UI Student Murders
View attachment 385021

I'm confused, why not put the code in the enter? Or is Dad referring to guests, maybe no one upstairs could hear a guest knocking so those familiar visitors knew to walk up and knock on the slider? Was there a doorbell?

"The murders rocked the small town of Moscow, Idaho, which hasn’t had a murder since 2015, according to state records. “I have no idea. It doesn’t make sense,” said Kernodle. He says Xana was in constant communication with her family and nothing about that night seemed unusual. “The door locks with a number code. Every time you go, you have to go around the house because of the number code so they either knew that or went around and maybe found the slider door open,” he said."

Exactly. Just as it's possible that K had three wounds and M only had one.
I have to agree with the reporter that commented about how in the dark, how would the killer even be able to tell the two girls apart! I very much doubt that I could. JMO
There were four victims on Nov 13, and initial reports are that the victims "bled out". That would explain the blood on the exterior wall published by the Dailymail. If one of the victims died from a different cause of death, that means she did not bleed out. That seems to be what the father was trying to say in his interviews today.

This was a targeted attack. If the target was an individual rather than the residence, then the suspect would not have difficulty distinguishing between Kaylee and Madison.

"Law enforcement sources told the Daily Mail that the victims bled out after being butchered in the off-campus home, and described the scene as the “worst they’ve ever seen.”

“There was blood everywhere. We have investigators who have been on the job for 20, even 30, years, and they say they have never seen anything like this,” a police source close to the probe told the outlet."

Nov 16, NY Post

"Police have not located or named a suspect in the attack. Officials said the four victims were likely sleeping at the time of the attack and bled out from their wounds."

Nov 22, Today

MOO. There will certainly be civil suits filed against the landlord. But, In tort matters, the causation element of a negligence suit depends on whether the tort is foreseeable. This element of negligence is well-discussed in federal and state law jurisprudence. In MOO, a landlord could not have reasonably foreseen the stabbing death of their tenants whether or not locks had been present. Liability for a break-in and a laptop stealing? Probably. But not this.
MOO, Landlord and Property Management Co will be sued over these deaths. Too many millions available for it not to happen. Insurance carriers handle these cases routinely, in my experience. Yes, criminal acts by third parties can still result in a jury awarding against a landlord/property mgr. Here's a helpful article discussing issues: FAQ -- Landlord Responsibilities: Criminal Activities - FindLaw

Thanks. I didn't see Board members remuneration though.
The Iowa State Board of Education is an executive agency, so you would probably need to get this information from the Governor's Office. Members of the State Board of Educataion in Iowa don't report to any of the Idaho universities, the Idaho universities report to them.

Whoever did this was:
*Proficient with a knife
* Bold enough to kill 4 people
*Stealthy
*COLD BLOODED KILLER
* Not likely someone who had issues with victims ...they had their OWN AGENDA
* Not the first time at this nor the last
MOO

I doubt someone who believes in access to post secondary education for all would stab four random students to death. Maybe it's just me, but I don't get a "richie rich" vibe from the victims or their families at all.
Me neither, but my imaginary person/suspect resents the capitalist families and everything the victims represent, and their apparent nice lives, so he thinks they are "richie rich", a term I borrowed from this post, that I was responding to, which also attributed this opinion to an imagined suspect.
attitudes towards richie rich students, (in his opinion).

imo, just a theory: because e was big and you would want to neutralize your biggest threat, and x was there, so again, had to do it. And if the killer had spent time planning/fantasizing, they would want to work undisturbed on the intended victim. We can't know what the killer was thinking or what he had planned. But given the fact that we're three weeks in and nothing, it does suggest IMO that this was planned, and he wanted to fully experience it. imo.

If according to Kaylee's dad, his daughter was the alleged target of the killer, I can't help but wonder why the killer would plan the brutal attack on Sat evening, the most likely day that E (strong, male guest) would be present, knowing that he could attack any other day without the threat of encountering a big guy like E. This doesn't follow...

Instead, it definitely makes me ask whether or not E was the target of the psycho-killer. Logic indicates it is better to attack E in a house with three (or possibly five) petite women than his own frat house full of young men.

And if E was the target of the killer, I can also see the killer taking out the three women (collateral damage) that in the mind of the deranged killer -- could even be intended to publicly shame big E who by all accounts was a prince of a guy.

IMO, I think the killer is feeling very proud of himself and will not be able to resist bragging about his conquest.

There really is nobody better at this sort of profiling than the FBI and I don't doubt they are all over the sites they believe the killer is likely to visit.

When I read that the “points of damage” didn’t match, it occurred to me that perhaps one of the young ladies — M or K — also suffered abdominal sharp force trauma. The last thread moved fast, so apologies if this has already been discussed, but has pregnancy as a motive been considered? Surely a pregnancy test would be a part of any autopsy for a woman of child-bearing age who is a victim of homicide, right? Wounds like that might also explain the “targeted” controversy. And the need to eliminate potential confidantes. Or perhaps M was the target and K was just a surprise visitor he wasn’t expecting to find in her room that night that he dealt with in real time. And it escalated from there. Admittedly, it’s probably an unlikely scenario. But I think it’s a reasonable conjecture given what (little) we know so far. Perhaps LE has a totally different kind of DNA profile that’s not hitting in the databases. MOO.
Never thought of that WOW

Last edited:
In either case, I would think that SG would not have access to an autopsy report other than for that of his own daughter.
Since the remains were released by LE, he wouldn't need an autopsy report to see obvious differences. (I think it is possible that he also had access to M's remains since their ashes are both together at his house.)

When they talk about “targeting the house”, they are referring to all of the people inside the house at one time or a group of people as a whole. Also, I am inclined to think that when media/LE states the “house is targeted”, they actually mean, the previous tenants perhaps?
I've been wondering what it means for a house, as a whole, to be targeted. Could it be their household modem/router/IP history? What internet platforms were in use?

I agree with the opinion that this was a risky undertaking and so many details had to be just “so” to pull this off successfully. The killer had to be able to enter the house and enter each bedroom - how would he be sure the door to the house or the bedroom door(s) of his intended target(s) weren't locked? The killer had to be able to approach and disable each victim before anyone had the opportunity to run, fight back effectively, or alert anyone else. He had to kill quickly and quietly without being caught or trapped.
I personally believe that Ethan caught him in the house and that’s why he was killed, and Xana was a loose end.
If I was planning this crime I would be aware of many potential opportunities for things to go wrong. This took either careful planning and a lot of confidence, or he didn’t plan at all and just got extremely lucky. If he was brazen, he could have spent hours with the victims afterwards without being disturbed (I don’t think he did, but the window of opportunity was there.)
I am saying “he” because I am of the opinion that the killer was male.
All my opinion but I have been struck by how much of a chance the killer took by doing this. I can’t decide if he was incredibly calculated or reckless but lucky. JMO

We all want to find out who did this and for justice to be served instantly. But sending samples to a state testing lab takes time. People need to realize that and stop speculating because LE will give us their version of events when they are finished. FBI is serious stuff they will figure out a lot and give us a report.
While I agree in theory, the whole point of this site appears to be speculating. No? I find the speculation frustrating too.

I believe most people hope that there is more to go on in this case than simply testing samples. If they're looking for a DNA match and the perp is someone younger not in the database, those samples aren't going to do much good except to help rule people out or find a familial match. If they had a strong POI, they could analyze cell phone data, look for fingerprints, verify alibi, look for injuries/motive, check transactions for buying a similar weapon, etc. Those things would be enough to make an arrest of some sort to get the suspect off the street.

IMO I think that he determined they were not worth the risk and probably wouldn't hear and it would be too easy to get trapped down there. IMO they could, if awakened, lock themselves in and call 911 and E could've blocked the one exit. he had to take e out first. Also, just my opinion, I believe that this was a powerfully enough built man, and he probably felt confident to handle the women. I do think it's likely he'd been in the house before, testing his plan, installing AV to monitor.
again, jmo based on nothing.

In this scenario the killer is there to murder their supposed intended target. I say go immediately murder that target so you definitely accomplish what you’re there for. But ok, I’ll go along with wanting to get rid of possible obstructions so they can take their time with their victim. I could buy taking E out first because he could be trouble & overpower the killer. Then of course X has to go too. But then just leaving the 1st floor girls makes no sense. They could’ve been calling 911 (cops were very close!) while E&X were being stabbed. If this was a planned & targeted murder, you can’t just plan on the 1st floor girls doing nothing.

And of course the 1st floor girls didn’t hear anything & didn’t call 911 (not victim blaming, just stating facts) - but I think if the plan was to get rid of obstructions before going for the target, the 1st floor girls would have definitely been part of the plan.

MOO

Ok this on my mind. I keep hearing that K was the target because her wounds were worse but I don’t understand why if she was the intended target the offender would go into M’s room? Seems like offender would’ve gone into her room. Perhaps found her in M’s room and still decided to carry out crime.

Other thing that bothers me though is X and M worked together right? If X changed her locks and M had K sleeping with her maybe it’s because X and M were worried about someone specifically from work. Employee or co-worker?

Idk, I know K’s dad is very upset but I’m not convinced K was the target. There is just so many unknown variables.

I mean honestly both K and M kinda look similar and I think it’s entirely possible killer might have been targeting M since it was her room and might have overkilled K my mistake.

Both X and M had someone sleeping with them that night, was it because they were scared? I’d like to know more about people connected to them.
K could be the 'target' OR it's possible she opened her eyes or woke up and the killer panicked, and a more frenzied attack ensued.

This was a targeted attack. If the target was an individual rather than the residence, then the suspect would not have difficulty distinguishing between Kaylee and Madison.
True, presuming the target wasn't another individual.

In the earlier days of the reporting on this crime, I believe I read that the two survivor roommates had returned to the house on King Rd after having been out of town . I could very well be wrong on this because I can't seem to google an article that confirms. Can anyone set me straight on the matter?

Imo. Perp did not target all 4 victims. Perp may have been caught in the act. Need definate timeline on when everyone got home. If indeed all 4 were targeted or the residence seems like a psychopath or copycat, someone who has seen to many movies.
Or, perp is after one person - but fears that that person may have shared some info with the others. So everyone needs to be silenced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member