Whoever did this was:
*Proficient with a knife
* Bold enough to kill 4 people
*Stealthy
*COLD BLOODED KILLER
* Not likely someone who had issues with victims ...they had their OWN AGENDA
* Not the first time at this nor the last
MOO
I feel the same with the exception of the final bullet point. I think it could be his first time. BTK killed four in their home his first time. Definitely not his last, barring capture...

In this scenario the killer is there to murder their supposed intended target. I say go immediately murder that target so you definitely accomplish what you’re there for. But ok, I’ll go along with wanting to get rid of possible obstructions so they can take their time with their victim. I could buy taking E out first because he could be trouble & overpower the killer. Then of course X has to go too. But then just leaving the 1st floor girls makes no sense. They could’ve been calling 911 (cops were very close!) while E&X were being stabbed. If this was a planned & targeted murder, you can’t just plan on the 1st floor girls doing nothing.

And of course the 1st floor girls didn’t hear anything & didn’t call 911 (not victim blaming, just stating facts) - but I think if the plan was to get rid of obstructions before going for the target, the 1st floor girls would have definitely been part of the plan.

MOO
Agreed.

Somewhat unrealistic to think if the target is on the 3rd floor, the perp would kill anyone on the 2nd floor first. Killing those on the 2nd floor would mean that the perp should actually kill everyone on the 1st floor first. So the killer would have to break into all those rooms and commit those acts before even going after their target on the 3rd floor? The upstairs bedrooms had a window and a balcony. The perp had a way to exit the house no matter where he started. I'm not sure why X&E were killed except IMO, one of them woke up and there was a confrontation likely after K&M had been killed.

It almost sounds like he's saying he thinks there are 2 males involved that were angry. And they weren't angry at K & M. And he's wanting one to step up and be the alpha and confess. JMO
“If you don’t want to step up, it’s your bed” meaning it’s your bed to lie in? Or some male needs to step up and be a man and admit to something?

I doubt someone who believes in access to post secondary education for all would stab four random students to death. Maybe it's just me, but I don't get a "richie rich" vibe from the victims or their families at all.
I can see resentment from locals, even when I was in college I felt some jealousy of others there that didn't have to work or take out student loans etc. and could do their entire degree in 4 years as they could handle a heavier class load and had more study time. That said I'm not mentally ill and would never hurt another. Let's not forget the 3 girls were so pretty, even that sets some people off. IMO

Or, perp is after one person - but fears that that person may have shared some info with the others. So everyone needs to be silenced.
I might buy into that if it were one additional person with the target. Like Kaylee shared something with Maddie or vice versa. But who kills 3 additional people because "maybe" something was shared with them. They could have shared something the sober sorority driver that took them home or the ex-bf they called that night.

Seems like we have a ton of machinations around who was targeted, who was a crime of opportunity, why weren’t the first floor girls harmed.

All this MOO (obviously) but it is possible that the person was a total stranger and didn’t realize there were bedrooms on the bottom floor. I’ve seen lots of floor plans over the years with a downstairs entrance that had basically nothing else but a garage on the bottom floor with just stairs going up to the next floor.

Or

The person could be someone who was only really familiar with the view of the house from behind which wouldn’t show indications of more bedrooms downstairs.

Or

The person was familiar with five women living there with the intention of killing every one of them then ran into X and E on 2, and M and K on 3 and ALSO observed two empty bedrooms - one on both 2 & 3 and thought that meant the two missing roommates weren’t home.

Again MOO.

Based on Brian's report. New to me, but he seems to be pretty legit. Ties in to what papa G said about the wounds not matching.

My recollection regarding the video at the Grub Truck was that M was noticeably more intoxicated than K. K paid for the food, took pics while waiting for the food talked to the cashier while M had problems just standing still . If anything, out of the two of them being assaulted while asleep, I think M would have been least likely to awaken whereas K could possibly have resisted or was more reactive to getting stabbed so the assailant made sure that he stabbed her more than M. So it's possible the level of violence inflicted on K had more to do with her being reactive than being the target.

And because I don't know whether SG was advised of the wounds inflicted on X and E it's quite possible that E endured more wounds than X and K and M, not because he was a target but was viewed as an existential threat to the killer's survival. IMO

Edited to correct M to K

Last edited:
In the earlier days of the reporting on this crime, I believe I read that the two survivor roommates had returned to the house on King Rd after having been out of town . I could very well be wrong on this because I can't seem to google an article that confirms. Can anyone set me straight on the matter?

They weren’t out of town. They were out in the Moscow community until approximately 1. The document LE is updating lists this.

DBM- Duplicate
On Brian Entin's Twitter Space the woman who he was speaking with suggested that the LE in the house on the first floor with the lights off might need to do that because they were using a black light and luminol. Does it help to do luminol testing in the dark to see the blood spots?
Yes. FS looks for a “glow” after applying the reagent.

I think he said 'didn't' but it sounded

The idea of targeting the house doesn't seem valid to me. What would be the reason to target the house? And lets say someone hates the house for whatever reason, wouldn't they then harm the house (burn it down, etc?).
The father has pretty much been saying Kaylee got the worst of it without saying.

Putting up posters asking for tips would be something positive he could do. I don't necessarily think it will capture the killers but a focus is needed for him until he feels he can stop and grieve. I'd have to work stuff through me in a similar fashion.
Hopelessly late as usual, but they ~have~ put up posters, so I don’t understand why this topic keeps coming up? Lots of stores, restaurants, businesses of all kinds have them in windows & we have community bulletin boards where they’re posted.

Not singling you out @kittythehare - just tossing this out.

Given the amount of discussion on here around K and M being killed second, I had always assumed this was a confirmed fact? Do we even know the order of attack in terms of E & A vs M & K?
No. I don’t believe any information has been formally released regarding the order in which they were attacked, or where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member