ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: that is from 22 years ago. While the UI remains Moscow’s largest employer, the rest of that chart is hopelessly outdated. And while I don’t have the stats handy, UI employs significantly fewer people now than 22 years ago, so that percentage would be lower as well.

Moo & trying to accurately represent my community.
Is EMSI the largest employer?

I might buy into that if it were one additional person with the target. Like Kaylee shared something with Maddie or vice versa. But who kills 3 additional people because "maybe" something was shared with them. They could have shared something the sober sorority driver that took them home or the ex-bf they called that night.
If all four came home around the same time and were all eating in the kitchen, someone watching the house could have seen that. If something major had happened earlier that night, it would be very possible that they were discussing it.

All we know officially is the succinct cause of death was stabbing. I would argue that stabbing is not the cause
The coroner, who is not a medical doctor, most likely didn't care to use the technically correct language. We haven't seen the autopsy report, which most likely states, Exsanguination from stab wounds. MOO

I can’t find the MSM source that links Ethan to being on the floor - Can you link it please? Thank you!
I did edit my post to include it. here it is again.
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022 ****Media Thread**** NO DISCUSSION

under November 13th: See quote:

• [TIME?] - FIRST RESPONDERS ARRIVE - First responders "discovered four individuals who were deceased" [20] - EC was found on floor of second level [36]; two victims found on 2nd floor; two on 3rd floor [60@5:29]; officers describe a bloody crime scene, "especially on upper floors of the house" [37]; fire and EMS were also on scene but did not go into residence or transport anyone out[1]

I am

Is this it? I found it in the media thread
Blood oozes from home where four Idaho students were killed
from article
" One of the victims – understood to be 20-year-old Ethan Chapin, of Conway, Washington – was discovered on the floor on the second level of the three-story home."
One of the victims – understood to be 20-year-old Ethan Chapin, of Conway, Washington – was discovered on the floor on the second level of the three-story home.

I can only surmise that is one of the cases where the media got out ahead of the facts.

A question I have is...in the interview by Mr. G. with Fox, at the very beginning, did he say that the point of entry was the slider or window on the middle floor? And he said the perp didn't have to go upstairs to get in. It was not clear and I may have totally misunderstood, but I felt he said they didn't have to go upstairs, and perp killed them first. That's why he thinks they were targeted. Then he talks about the method of death not being the same for the two girls.
He also talks about alibis changing...is there a suspect? I thought it was also strange when he said at night he thinks he should just go to town himself. I thought that was a strange comment too. Why did he specifically say 'town' and not the apartment? Almost as if there is someone they suspect and have questioned and he can solve it faster than LE. This is bugging me because I was sure I heard that and as far as I know, no one else has mentioned it. Maybe I'm hallucinating. Can anyone verify or comment. If I need to I'll find the interview. It is the most current Fox one with him. Two men and a woman. It's almost as if he's dropping hints because he specifically says that he asked LE if he could talk about the differences in the wounds or manner and they told him no. I know he is about to explode not being able to share all he knows.
As I said these are questions for clarification for me. Not posting this as factual. These telephone interviews are sometimes hard to understand. TIA
I can't answer most your questions though I did interpret his meaning differently than you did most your points, but I do understand your frustration. Here's a link to the interview I was referring to.

You're entitled!
But if you look at how it went down, her original statement was "They were all killed in bed." When a reporter asked her the next day "They were all killed in their beds?", that's when she clarified and replied "some were killed in their beds". Unfortunately, she didn't want to go into further detail at that point or we would have about 5 less pages of posts here.
Well, if we are to place significance on the word "their", then she would have not been correct to say "some". as we know for sure that both K and E were not killed in their beds no matter what. Jmo, I would never refer to 2 things as "some". I don't place a lot of faith in the communication skills of the coroner.

It's possible that the suspect parked on Taylor Ave and walked the stairs and footpath to the house. The circle is the house with the camera - pointed away from the mass murder house. The murders could have happened without the ring camera capturing anything.

The arrow is the footpath to the house and possibly around to the back of the house

View attachment 385063
IMO the killer could have lived in the apartment building right next door and easily walk in the poorly lit parking lot to stake out the back of the house while waiting in the woods. He knew when they came home that night and waited until all the lights went out and entered through the sliding patio door that went into kitchen on the 2nd floor.

He then went upstairs to the 3rd floor to kill his intended target, but both girls were sleeping in the same room so he ended up stabbing both to death while they were sleeping. He then did the ”overkill” on the intended target and planned on leaving the house through the sliding glass door in the kitchen. But E had woken up and confronted the killer and ended up being stabbed to death in the kitchen or living room area. X was still in her room and called out to E while she was still in bed and the killer heard her and went to her room and killed her there.

He then walked out of the house through the sliding glass door up the through the wooded area into the dark parking lot and right into the back of his apartment building. He would not have been seen on any cameras or by any witnesses and figured he had pulled it off. There was no need for him to kill the girls on the first floor since they weren’t his intended target(s). It has been reported that it was difficult for anyone who lived on the 1st floor to hear anything that was going on upstairs due to the odd structure of the house. This is all my opinion, but seems very plausible.

Thank You @agilbe!

I’ve seen that quote in other media reports (not considered MSM by WS) and the info is sourced as, “people on social media have claimed…” about Ethan being found on the floor so I’m still not 100% convinced it’s a fact per LE but will keep an open mind.
I'm completely unconvinced, that was way back when they were doing the sensational reporting about "blood oozing" and it has never again appeared in any MSM story. DM is about as trustworthy as Nancy Grace.

The coroner was interviewed after the autopsies and she said that the sheets were collected as evidence, the victims were stabbed in the chest. She added that the victims were in bed when attacked, but doesn't specify whether they were found in bed.

It's odd that Ethan was thought to be unconscious from the vantage point of the stairs. It's unlikely that he was in bed, because roommates would ignore someone in bed with the door open. On the floor in a pool of blood would definitely be unconscious, possibly deceased person - but we don't know. It does sound like he was found first.

If he was "unconscious" in bed, roommates wouldn't have known whether he was sleeping or unconscious, there would be no reason to call 911. The first floor roommates came upstairs around noon and saw something that was not an unconscious person under the covers in bed.

1670221870820.png

The coroner, who is not a medical doctor, most likely didn't care to use the technically correct language. We haven't seen the autopsy report, which most likely states, Exsanguination from stab wounds. MOO
That is definitely one of several unfortunate possibilities. Or the consequence of others.

If cause of death was Exsanguination, (bleed out), that could be caused from stab wounds, internal bleeding from damage (think broken bone that pierces something important), severe head trauma. All four might have died of Exsanguination. All four might have had one or more fatal stab wounds. All four may not have died of only stab wounds and still died of exsanguination.

I think about things like that because my friend died of "asphyxiation". Sadly, it was not just a pillow over her face but more than one type of asphyxiation to the point the autopsy was the only way to know the story. The autopsy still said asphyxiation, not asphyxiation by xxxxxx and yyyyy and zzzzzz. The autopsy report can be kind of clinical in an almost two dimensional way that doesn't explain the reality, IMO.

Now, maybe the autopsies specify exsanguination by laceration of xxxxxx for all four, which makes it seem like they all died exactly the same way. And maybe the reality of what you see in the funeral parlor doesn't match the emotionless words on a page. I know it didn't for me. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member