ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree with Kaylee's father (SG) that if an individual had a strong alibi, they would do everything they could to get cleared (like the neighbor that was mentioned before who submitted his DNA voluntarily). Especially before leaving on holiday or doing anything else that could arise suspicion. I'm talking generally and not referring to a specific individual so as to not violate forum rules. Because why wouldn't you? I'd be giving DNA, alibis, people that can vouch for you, basically anything possible. Not only to protect myself/my family, but also to HELP LE get closer to the real perp.

The only reasons I can think of that someone (especially someone who is being publicly dragged through the mud on social media) WOULDN'T be doing that above is if (a) they were told by LE to NOT do so publicly so as to throw off the real perp but behind the scenes is obviously cleared or (b) they are the perp.

MOO
Bbm

How do we know they haven’t done everything they could to get cleared? The only responsibility they have to cooperate with to verify their alibi is LE. They don’t have responsibility to the families and they sure as heck don’t have responsibility to the media. Like the neighbor, they would be torn to shreds and their future could be ruined.

I still believe that LE has some type of concrete information that places the attack in that narrow time frame of 3-4am.

Three weeks in, it’s possible they have some dna back, but any mixed blood samples they have found may take longer.

I’d also add that if any prints were found at the crime scene and they aren’t in the system, they could collect a comparison if they have a POI in mind. Garbage is free game once it leaves someone’s house.
Had not thought about the garbage being fair game after it leaves someone’s house, but boy I hope LE has. Great way to get specific DNA if they need it.

Last edited:

"Idaho police now say there was an incident at a local business which involved the stalker Kaylee Goncalves may have mentioned to her friends and family just a month before she was stabbed to death in her home.

In an update on Monday afternoon, police said they looked into the theory that Goncalves had a stalker, as they continue to search for answers three weeks after four University of Idaho students were murdered at their off-campus house on November 13.

Police said that in mid-October, two males appeared to follow Goncalves inside the local Moscow business and then followed her out to her car, but made no contact."
They have said there was indeed an incident, but LE also stated in their new press release there is no evidence that shows these two men have any involvement in the murders:

• Using tips and leads, investigators have identified an incident involving Kaylee at a local business, which may have been the stalker reference she made to friends and family. In mid-October, two males were seen inside a local business; they parted ways, and one male appeared to follow Kaylee inside the business and as she exited to walk toward her car. The male turned away, and it did not appear he made any contact with her. Detectives contacted both males and learned the two were attempting to meet women at the business, this was corroborated through additional investigation. Based on available information, detectives believe this was an isolated incident and not an ongoing pattern of stalking. No evidence suggests the two males were involved in the murders.

[Source: MPD press release December 5, King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID]

IMO, Kaylee's dad and family are on point. I don't care what LE is releasing to the general public but there has to be some way to bring families up-to-speed here. I know loose lips sink ships but informed minds often keep the lips shut. JMO.
Informed minds may keep loose lips shut but there’s no guarantee. And as frequently as BG has spoken to the press IMO he’d be less inclined to silence than some. I appreciate he’s experiencing unprecidented pain for which there is no playbook but he could possibly impede the investigation and/or jeopardize a conviction without intending to.

In most cases I’m sure it’s very difficult for LE to hold info back from the family, and even harder here when faced with the accusations and insinuations made by BG. But I believe they are making progress and their unwillingness to share info is driven by their committment to identfy, catch and convict the perpetrator(s). And that is exactly the way it should be IMO.

I remember that, then I read here tonight E took his sister to a formal that night too? So a movie, a formal, then hours at the frat house?

Ethan Chapin’s last day was spent accompanying his sister Maizie to her sorority formal. The freshman was usually with his girlfriend Kernodle, a junior studying marketing, and reveling in the pair’s growing relationship.

The three 20-year-old siblings attended a dance hosted by Ethan’s sister Maizie’s sorority earlier on the night Ethan was killed.

IMO, LE needs to give him some time and some answers. He and his family are likely what LE considers "going rogue" and that never had to happen. Where is the communications help for these families from LE? JMO
That is all it would take.
I'm surprised if they have not.
Of course he is going to understand why they cannot provide alibi information to him. He simply will.

I tend to agree with Kaylee's father (SG) that if an individual had a strong alibi, they would do everything they could to get cleared (like the neighbor that was mentioned before who submitted his DNA voluntarily). Especially before leaving on holiday or doing anything else that could arise suspicion. I'm talking generally and not referring to a specific individual so as to not violate forum rules. Because why wouldn't you? I'd be giving DNA, alibis, people that can vouch for you, basically anything possible. Not only to protect myself/my family, but also to HELP LE get closer to the real perp.

The only reasons I can think of that someone (especially someone who is being publicly dragged through the mud on social media) WOULDN'T be doing that above is if (a) they were told by LE to NOT do so publicly so as to throw off the real perp but behind the scenes is obviously cleared or (b) they are the perp.

MOO
Respectfully we the public don't know they haven't.

They have said there was indeed an incident, but LE also stated in their new press release there is no evidence that shows these two men have any involvement in the murders:

• Using tips and leads, investigators have identified an incident involving Kaylee at a local business, which may have been the stalker reference she made to friends and family. In mid-October, two males were seen inside a local business; they parted ways, and one male appeared to follow Kaylee inside the business and as she exited to walk toward her car. The male turned away, and it did not appear he made any contact with her. Detectives contacted both males and learned the two were attempting to meet women at the business, this was corroborated through additional investigation. Based on available information, detectives believe this was an isolated incident and not an ongoing pattern of stalking. No evidence suggests the two males were involved in the murders.

[Source: MPD press release December 5, King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID]

Investigators continue looking into information about Kaylee having a stalker. Information about a potential stalker or unusual occurrences should go through the Tip Line.

• There have been numerous requests about the dog found at the residence on the morning of November 13th. Arriving officers entered the residence and found the deceased victims. During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the crimes had not been committed. Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene. The dog was taken to Animal Services and released to a responsible person.

While the dog was in the house when officers arrived, it has not been determined where the dog was physically located when the murders took place.

MOO It does NOT sound like the stalking incident was reported to police at the time, but it sounds like Kaylee discussed the incident with a friend and the incident was likely determined somehow. (Maybe CCTV etc) MOO MOO MOO MOO

Good update from MDP today

Last edited:
Bbm

How do we know they haven’t done everything they could to get cleared? The only responsibility they have to cooperate with to verify their alibi is LE. They don’t have responsibility to the families and they sure as heck don’t have responsibility to the media. Like the neighbor, they would be torn to shreds and their future could be ruine

Bbm

How do we know they haven’t done everything they could to get cleared? The only responsibility they have to cooperate with to verify their alibi is LE. They don’t have responsibility to the families and they sure as heck don’t have responsibility to the media. Like the neighbor, they would be torn to shreds and their future could be ruined

Bbm

How do we know they haven’t done everything they could to get cleared? The only responsibility they have to cooperate with to verify their alibi is LE. They don’t have responsibility to the families and they sure as heck don’t have responsibility to the media. Like the neighbor, they would be torn to shreds and their future could be ruined.
Are you an attorney?

They are alway available to the next of kin by written request. Next of kin can also have their own autopsy done. They must pay for it, but if your family member was a crime victim, it makes sense to have another autopsy done just to make sure nothing was missed and to get a second opinion on any questions you may have.
Not until any active criminal investigation is closed. AFAIK & moo.

The coroner said the victims were likely sleeping when they died. But an autopsy wouldn’t be able to determine if you died while sleeping, or would it? I’m guessing in this case that was determined based on where the victims were found?

X’s father said she had defensive wounds so it’s questionable if X was still sort of asleep & those wounds were just reflexive - or was she awake. I guess the severity of the wounds could tell that story? A lot of wounds could mean most likely awake?

MOO

Kernodle said Xana stayed in regular communication with her family. "I think midnight was the last time we heard from her, and she was fine," he told the station, adding that he doesn't understand why his daughter and her roommates were killed in their own home.

"They were just hanging out at home. Xana was just hanging out at home with her boyfriend," he said.

Which does not match LE saying when they arrived home. Did they leave after the movie and return at the same time as M & K?

The families of the Delphi murder victims were just put under a gag order last week. No trial yet.

No trial yet but unlike this case they have a suspect in custody who has been charged with the murders.

The coroner said the victims were likely sleeping when they died. But an autopsy wouldn’t be able to determine if you died while sleeping, or would it? I’m guessing in this case that was determined based on where the victims were found?

X’s father said she had defensive wounds so it’s questionable if X was still sort of asleep & those wounds were just reflexive - or was she awake. I guess the severity of the wounds could tell that story? A lot of wounds could mean most likely awake?

MOO
The medical examiner could infer that someone was sleeping based on things like where the body was found (in bed), defensive wounds or lack thereof, etc.

That is all it would take.
I'm surprised if they have not.
Of course he is going to understand why they cannot provide alibi information to him. He simply will.
I know what my dad would have done for me, LE or nothing. I understand why enough is enough for these families. The problem is that it's way more complicated than all that. JMO

Bringing this forward as a helpful reminder:
Please read The Rules (linked in my signature), and continue discussion here.

Also, for anyone other than victims or an officially named POI/suspect, use initials or your post will be removed.

No sleuthing or insinuations/accusations against anyone who is not officially named a POI/suspect by LE.
Moscow Homicide Update
November 20, 2022

MOSCOW, Idaho – The Moscow Police Department is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho.

At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe the following are involved in this crime:
• Two surviving roommates,
• Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video, or
• Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th.

And still as of December 5 new press release:

• At this time, no suspect has been identified and only vetted information that does not hinder the investigation will be released to the public. There is speculation, without factual backing, stoking community fears and spreading false information. We encourage referencing official releases for accurate information and updated progress.

[Source: MPD King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members