ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Informed minds may keep loose lips shut but there’s no guarantee. And as frequently as BG has spoken to the press IMO he’d be less inclined to silence than some. I appreciate he’s experiencing unprecidented pain for which there is no playbook but he could possibly impede the investigation and/or jeopardize a conviction without intending to.

In most cases I’m sure it’s very difficult for LE to hold info back from the family, and even harder here when faced with the accusations and insinuations made by BG. But I believe they are making progress and their unwillingness to share info is driven by their committment to identfy, catch and convict the perpetrator(s). And that is exactly the way it should be IMO.
Who is BG? I’ve read every single page of every single thread on this case and I thought I had all the parties sorted out! Maybe you’ve spent a lot of time in the Delphi thread and your phone autocorrected SG to BG? ;)

Last edited:
Just because you didn't see a photo, a video, or a written announcement of some type indicating LE did something specific as part of the investigation, it doesn't mean that LE didn't do it. LE has done a slough of investigating behind the scenes, most of which we will never be privy to. Short of having logs (written or video) for every single investigator, we will never truly know exactly all of what was done or not done.

Just because a news outlet posts something (video, picture, article), doesn't mean it is fact. Daily Mail posted graphics that indicated K & M were killed in two locations. SG says they were killed in one bedroom. LE has not clarified either way and there has been no solid evidence released to the public that shows either scenario. Until confirmed by a very reliable source or a verified photo, neither can be taken as fact.

All of us have our own opinions and thoughts based on what we have read here and elsewhere and on personal experiences. These conjectures should be kept within the facts that have been released by LE IMHO.

Knowing it, and being able to prove it, are two different things. It is very common to know who is responsible for something. The difficult part is getting the evidence that connects the person to the act, so that a jury has no reasonable doubt that the person is responsible. Remember, LE wants to not just find the person, but to have the person found guilty by a jury, so that the victims are given justice. LE will not usually arrest until they have evidence connecting the person with the crime, and the District Attorney has signed off on prosecuting the person based on that evidence. MOO.
IMO only, If they think they know who “did it” but can’t prove that person “did it”, then is it safe to say there possibly isn’t sufficient evidence to prove it? Therefore that person could be completely innocent…. JMO.

YES to all of this. Many of us here on WS are older than the generation we are discussing but some things never change: You don't want to be a narc. There are some people who desire inclusion in these college groups so much that it can become detrimental to their own health (and others').

Brings me back to "what happens behind closed doors". This is a phrase many young people count on stifling info, whether in the Greek system or not. If these kids can find it in their hearts without worrying about their future, there is no reason not to speak up about the info they may have.

JMO
The frat were the first people other than roommates on the scene 100% they called the house lawyers who brought in the silence. No one in that frat is gonna say a word. The speed they took stuff offline too. Yeah at first seemed suspicious until I remembered all my go to lawyers are former sigma chi friends... huge nationally and in Midwest. They are only doing what any of those kids parents would have if they were there. It's not about protecting frat secrets. It's about getting control of a huge group of college kids who do tend to talk more freely, not thinking of the legal implications.
All I gotta say is not a single frat member has spoken to the media about anything at frat house. This is one of those cases where being greek actually can help and protected you

I keep going back to the beginning.
The dog and the fact that neighbors do not hear strange noises coming from that house at 3 a.m.
The dog must have been in a closed room. It may not bark at strangers but Goldendoodles bark and cry-- especially if they sense their loved ones are hurt. The dog confined from 3a.m. to noon-- is going to make noise. I hear my neighbors dogs and I live a distance from them.

My fear is that the downstairs" tenants and their families lives were threatened by the assailant. (S)

I've felt for quite awhile that LE was intentionally providing disinformation for the purpose of advancing their investigation. It's extremely unusual for LE to say that various people are not suspects. There is no need to do that. JMO.

And the formal was hosted by his sister’s sorority so I doubt it was at the Sigma Chi house. Ethan and Xana must have been there after he got done with the dance.

“He was our our daughter Maizie’s date, and his brother was Maizie’s roommates date,” Chapin’s mother, Stacy Chapin, said in an interview Wednesday. The group was attending a dance hosted by Maizie’s sorority. “They all spent their last day together, all dressed up, and had a great time. We’re all thankful that they spent that time together.”

And the game ended at 7:09 pm. Then you have after game traffic.

What time did the dance start?

Bbm

How do we know they haven’t done everything they could to get cleared? The only responsibility they have to cooperate with to verify their alibi is LE. They don’t have responsibility to the families and they sure as heck don’t have responsibility to the media. Like the neighbor, they would be torn to shreds and their future could be ruined.
I never said they had a responsibility to anyone. I said that's what in my opinion a reasonable person would do given the circumstances and the fact that googling one's name comes up with a host of forum/social media speculation. Seems smarter, again in my opinion, to prove to the public you're cleared than to let the speculation snowball (which it is - not on websleuths, because it's not allowed, but pretty much every where else it is)

And the game ended at 7:09 pm. Then you have after game traffic.

What time did the dance start?
I’m wondering if his mom considered Friday to be the last day of his life since he died during the night Saturday/early morning Sunday?

LE still have the cars from the home in a secure long-term parking lot:

The vehicles towed from the Moscow crime scene where four University of Idaho students were killed last month have not been moved from the outdoor parking lot where they have been exposed to the elements for nearly one week, images show.

Five vehicles moved from 1122 King Road – the Moscow, Idaho, scene of the Nov. 13 quadruple homicides – on Tuesday have since remained in the outdoor, city-owned car lot. Parked outside, the vehicles have been exposed to sub-freezing temperatures, snow and potential trespassers.

Aaron Snell, communications director for the Idaho State Police, previously told Fox News Digital the vehicles were searched prior to their removal from the home and were "still part of the crime scene" and the ongoing search warrant. He said they were being stored in a "secure long-term" storage location in the event that investigators needed to access the vehicles at a later date.

Joseph Scott Morgan, one of the nation’s leading forensics experts, said police should expect that any trace evidence not collected from the exteriors of the vehicles "is gone."

Formal was likely not on November 12th.

November 12th was the last home football game.
The game started at 4 pm

Doubt if a formal was held after the last home game.
If you go on the official FB page for the sorority, the calendar shows a formal on the 12th. Called Bettie’s Ball. The formal was definitely on 11/12.

Edited to correct name of dance.

Last edited:
Regarding commercial DNA testing, couldn't LE just submit a sample that they are sure belongs to the perp? Sure they have their own labs, but this would enable them to get the coveted matches that any competent genealogist can trace within a week to a short list of suspects. This would require no subpoena. I know these companies usually use a saliva sample, but if you have any fluids containing DNA, they will be able to process it.

No, 23andme specifically bars anyone but the person whose DNA it is...from submitting. However, if they have a fairly complete sequencing of the DNA, I don't think GEDMatch does.

GEDMatch will almost certain lead to some distant relatives - who might also be in 23andme (because GEDMatch itself doesn't sequence DNA - most people come in with DNA sequenced by Ancestry or 23andme).

23andme uses only its own proprietary saliva sampling kit - not blood, not ever (not set up for it).

Once run through GEDMatch, LE can probably find relatives which may be enough for genealogical research. As that researh progresses, its quite common for distant relatives to be asked to get their DNA sequenced - to get closer and closer to the perp.

23andme would argue strongly in court that someone violating terms of service (in your example, LE) are not entitled to any results. Every person submits for themselves and signs the ToS (which includes info that if compelled in court by warrant or subpoena, 23 will give up your DNA - but not necessarily one's ancestors).

LE could also ask someone who is a relative of a suspect to submit to 23andme, voluntarily share all their results, etc. I would share and don't really understand why someone would not. Of course, I don't have many bio-relatives, most are already dead, and I'm pretty sure neither my kids or grandkids have committed major crimes.

Who is BG? I’ve read every single page of every single thread on this case and I thought I had all the parties sorted out! Maybe you’ve spent a lot of time in the Delphi thread? ;)
Easy mistake to make. Think OP meant SG.
But today already i've had to check several times which of the gttwo cases I'm reading!

Thankfully we know now.

But honestly (not at all aimed at you btw) you know what else would IMO, if people at least skimmed threads. I know people are time poor and threads move fast but even reading the latest news articles would help answer majority of questions repetitiously posted.

Agreed, though I strongly suggest reading official MPD updates over other sources. That page links to all press releases and news conferences if you scroll down.

I remember that, then I read here tonight E took his sister to a formal that night too? So a movie, a formal, then hours at the frat house?
Don’t forget the big home game! There was also a big game at WSU (X’s sister attends there), so who knows?

Also, thought the formal was Friday? Can anyone please clarify?

Moo

FBI is on this case. Can't wait to see what they come up with. This case has my attention because I can't imagine being killed with a knife and we think one person killed four people with a knife in this case, and so far has gotten away with it for over three weeks.

LE did a nice job on the news release. The most interesting thing to me today is what’s missing. Still nothing on Ethan and Xana from 9ish to 2ish. What was the incident at the fraternity? My sense is they have spoken with multiple people and are still interviewing others to compare details. Also, asking for more info. Building that airtight case.

They have got to be sure…especially with the circus that is building around this case.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads