ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any definite info regarding what type of locks were on the bedroom doors? The one real estate photo I saw appeared to show a standard 'privacy' lock, but there's been some discussion of number locks?

Don’t forget the big home game! There was also a big game at WSU (X’s sister attends there), so who knows?

Also, thought the formal was Friday? Can anyone please clarify?

Moo
Formal was Saturday, per sorority’s FB page. There are pictures and it is an annual formal called Bettie’s Ball

I feel that the recent update was important to law enforcement in that it eliminates 'Kaylee's stalker' as a viable theory so that any targeting of E and X won't get diluted in court by a good defense attorney.

My opinion.
I don’t know why they would consider one instance “a stalker” that makes no sense to me.

They can't obtain DNA without probable cause and perhaps even a warrant, both of which are pretty high bars.

It really isn't a right to privacy as much as it is a 5th Amendment right, which is fundamental. A successful PR campaign by authorities (and media) over the last 50 years that it somehow implies guilt doesn't negate that absolute right. Anyone, innocent or not, shouldn't talk to police without an attorney present, and they certainly shouldn't be volunteering personal identifiers for a stored, collective law enforcement database.

The whole "if you had nothing to hide, you would do it" mantra is absurd.

My opinion.
I agree.

Is there any definite info regarding what type of locks were on the bedroom doors? The one real estate photo I saw appeared to show a standard 'privacy' lock, but there's been some discussion of number locks?
There are photos on social media of the girls in the house and you can zoom in and see 2 different doors that have number locks on the interior of the home.

If you go on the official FB page for the sorority, the calendar shows a formal on the 12th. Called the Betty Ball. The formal was definitely on 11/12.
Images from the event were posted on Sunday, Nov 13th at 16:17 pm MST (Moscow time.. ) and I don't see a calendar.

Maybe not necessary, but today’s release seems aimed at getting more tips, and trying to protect the two males from harassment. The dog comment may actuall

4— it’s possible X&E were alone from 9-1:45.
Yep, I'm one of those who wants to know where the survivors were during the night. If the survivors were out, when did they come home? I think it's just as important as the question of "if X&E were alone". Also, who put the dog in the empty room? I think the survivors could at the very least know what was the normal routine with where the dog slept.

I agree.
But I believe if they just met him where he is and any other parents who have concerns and slowly and gently explained the process and why they are where they are that the families would feel heard and reassured.
Everybody wants the same thing and because we are discussing grieving families their needs are different, greater in many ways.
LE understands this.
LE are doing an absolutely splendid job in keeping this tight, not a single leak.

People do not understand the dynamics at play in a murder investigation. How can they until they are thrust in the hot seat?
Just a little time..
Is all.
I don’t disagree. But I suspect they have explained it to him as gently as they knew how, probably several times over. Sometimes people just aren’t capable or willing to hear reason, especially when they are (understandably in this case) very upset.

The family has been assigned a victim’s advocate and in my (fortunately, very limited) experience advocates are very compassionate, yet ultimately bound by LE protocols. My impression is that’s the person/people BG wants to be more “alpha”. I have sympathy for their VA who must feel like they’re between a rock and a hard place right now.

LE did a nice job on the news release. The most interesting thing to me today is what’s missing. Still nothing on Ethan and Xana from 9ish to 2ish. What was the incident at the fraternity? My sense is they have spoken with multiple people and are still interviewing others to compare details. Also, asking for more info. Building that airtight case.

RSBM

Wouldn’t cell phone records help determine X & E whereabouts during that time period? I wonder why those records aren’t helping. I think it’s sort of hard to hide nowadays with phones & cameras everywhere. Which makes me wonder: Maybe LE knows where they were but they need additional proof because a POI was also with them?

MOO

Images from the event were posted on Sunday, Nov 13th at 16:17 pm MST (Moscow time.. ) and I don't see a calendar.
Calendar is on the main sorority webpage and pictures were likely added the day after. Unlikely for a sorority to have their fall formal on a Sunday, especially since news would have broken about the murders. Ethan’s mom also confirmed the formal was on the 12th.

I don’t disagree. But I suspect they have explained it to him as gently as they knew how, probably several times over. Sometimes people just aren’t capable or willing to hear reason, especially when they are (understandably in this case) very upset.

The family has been assigned a victim’s advocate and in my (fortunately, very limited) experience advocates are very compassionate, yet ultimately bound by LE protocols. My impression is that’s the person/people BG wants to be more “alpha”. I have sympathy for their VA who must feel like they’re between a rock and a hard place right now.
He wants to talk to the guy at the top directly.
Maybe he should.
Just to maintain the integrity of the investigation.
There's no guarantees but worth a shot.

LE did a nice job on the news release. The most interesting thing to me today is what’s missing. Still nothing on Ethan and Xana from 9ish to 2ish. What was the incident at the fraternity? My sense is they have spoken with multiple people and are still interviewing others to compare details. Also, asking for more info. Building that airtight case.

They have got to be sure…especially with the circus that is building around this case.

<modsnip>
The location and time of this incident makes it stand out to me.

MPD Press Log 11/13/2022
22-M09896 Alcohol Offense
Incident Address: TAYLOR AVE; Band Field
MOSCOW ID 83843
Disposition: ACT
Time Reported: 03:01
Cad Comments:
Officer requested a case. Report taken.

MPD Press Log 11/13/2022

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know why they would consider one instance “a stalker” that makes no sense to me.

Assuming "they" is LE, they don't. This was something uncovered while investigating the rumors of a stalker. They concluded this was not stalking activity.

Contrary to what the OP said, the possibility of a stalker has not been eliminated. MPD''s latest update:
Investigators continue looking into information about Kaylee having a stalker. Information about a potential stalker or unusual occurrences should go through the Tip Line.

RSBM

Wouldn’t cell phone records help determine X & E whereabouts during that time period? I wonder why those records aren’t helping. I think it’s sort of hard to hide nowadays with phones & cameras everywhere. Which makes me wonder: Maybe LE knows where they were but they need additional proof because a POI was also with them?

MOO
Yeah IMO it's not so much of their whereabouts but rather who might've been with them at that time.

Who is BG? I’ve read every single page of every single thread on this case and I thought I had all the parties sorted out! Maybe you’ve spent a lot of time in the Delphi thread and your phone autocorrected SG to BG? ;)
You are so right. I meant SG, but it’s too late to edit now. And the “auto-correct” is in my goofy brain, for once not my phone’s fault.

Formal was Saturday, per sorority’s FB page. There are pictures and it is an annual formal called Bettie’s Ball
I don’t have FB: Can you tell what time the formal was? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member