ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calendar is on the main sorority webpage and pictures were likely added the day after. Unlikely for a sorority to have their fall formal on a Sunday, especially since news would have broken about the murders. Ethan’s mom also confirmed the formal was on the 12th.
The sorority's site does not provide a date for the formal.

Posting images after an event does not indicate the date.

LE does not mention the sorority event.
What time did it the sorority formal start? The game ended at 7:09 pm
Ethan would have had to come home from event, pick up Xana and then arrive if Sigma Chi house by 9 pm

I know what Ethan's mom said. It's possible she either had the date confused or LE has something wrong.

Either way, something is "off".
Football game ends 7:09 pm

So between 7:09 pm and 9 pm Ethan
  • Goes home.
  • Changes into suit
  • Goes to sorority formal with sister (time spent at formal would have been how long in order to arrive at Sigma Chi house??)
  • Hooks up with Xana
  • Leave sorority party
  • Arrives at Sigma Chi party with Xana by 9 pm
Seems pretty rushed to me and LE doesn't make mention of this.....
MOO I think if he was at a rushed formal sorority dance that occurred sometime after 7 pm , LE should mention this mainly because everything seems so rushed..MOO

Last edited:
No time listed but I can dig around a little deeper if I get the time :)

ETA: link to public sorority page: Kappa Alpha Theta at the University of Idaho
Well let’s see if my thought makes any sense before you dig deeper lol…
I’m thinking if it was a formal it would’ve been in the evening? (But maybe not?) Because if E took his sister, that could mean that E and X were separated for a chunk of time Sat evening - could they have been separated during some part of that 9pm-1:45am portion that LE is interested in?

MOO

I think there's a difference between what is "right" here in terms of how we all *think* people should be acting - the victims' families, surviving roommaties, friends, people cleared, etc. but the reality is we are all human and people are going to say and do what they want to. I think that is where the clues lie in this, not what someone "should" or shouldn't do legally. IMO opinion it's about what is normal behavior in this type of situation if you're accused and you knew the victims? How would you communicate with their families, or not? Food for thought/JMO

Also I am an attorney IRL ;)
To be clear, this is what I said in my post:

How do we know they haven’t done everything they could to get cleared? The only responsibility they have to cooperate with to verify their alibi is LE. They don’t have responsibility to the families and they sure as heck don’t have responsibility to the media. Like the neighbor, they would be torn to shreds and their future could be ruined.

I didn’t say anything about how the victims’ families, surviving roommates or friends should react. But I will stand by opinion that no one owes the public proof of their alibi and that they should in fact not attempt to placate anyone (while fully cooperating with LE of course).

I think there's a difference between what is "right" here in terms of how we all *think* people should be acting - the victims' families, surviving roommaties, friends, people cleared, etc. but the reality is we are all human and people are going to say and do what they want to, especially when emotions are heightened. I think that is where the clues lie in this, not what someone "should" or shouldn't do legally. IMO opinion it's about what is normal behavior in this type of situation if you're accused and you knew the victims. Or were accused. How would you communicate with their families, or not? Food for thought/JMO

If I were accused, my lawyer would most likely tell me not to communicate with the family/families.
(I’m NOT a lawyer but I play one on tv ;-) )

I find it shocking in the media with all the threats towards JS, his families and even young kids in the family getting photos doxxed and splattered all over the internet by people out to destroy him, threats of shooting them with no proof he slaughtered them all. What if the lad is innocent???

I have someone in mind who it may be and I’m not going to name them without any evidence, but a more likely suspect than JS.

People online are dangerous and need to stop all threats to those who could be innocent this stuff ruins many peoples lives.

The reality here seems twofold: Either they have a primary suspect and are trying to assuage his concerns so he is careless, or they are desperate and need a key piece of evidence that will turn this... I haven't read much discussion of the fact that LE keeps mentioning the victims were killed in their sleep. Do we have an indication where the attacks of Xana and Ethan first occurred? This is important in understanding motive. Is there evidence about the order of the attacks?

To the extent this is an individual-targeted attack that became broader, our odds are better. If this is a sadistic psychopath who chose this house purely for ease of entry/attack, I'm especially concerned we will never put the killer in prison. If a sadist, he might have done more damage to one or more of them simply because he was more relaxed and confident he was not in danger after subduing the other roommate.

Either way, or neither, it's hard to imagine the community is safe. He's out there, watching all of this unfold. What are his motivations? If it is the house that was targeted and not an individual, the research on people like him says he is not done, and the scale of this is concerning. Killing one person by knife should be a profound experience, and is, in warfare. He killed four, and may have not felt sated or vindicated after the first two were attacked. What are his motivations?

Didn’t Kaylee work at a restaurant? Disgruntled coworker? A cook or waiter who tried to date her and she turned him down? A regular patron of the establishment who became fixated? Scan every security camera in the months leading up to the killing. This guy would have frequently shown up to the restaurant, perhaps even circling the parking lot without entering to be close to his subject. This killer thought long and hard about this crime. This was not random. The personality will be very prone to violence or extremely socially awkward.
Maddie & Xana worked at The Mad Greek.

Re: Murphy the dog

12-05-22-Moscow-Homicide-Update
There have been numerous requests about the dog found at the residence on the morning of November 13th. Arriving officers entered the residence and found the deceased victims. During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the crimes had not been committed. Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene. The dog was taken to Animal Services and released to a responsible person.

While the dog was in the house when officers arrived, it has not been determined where the dog was physically located when the murders took place.

Rumor control: • There has been extensive media interest regarding an incident at Taylor Avenue and Band Field on November 13, 2022, at 3:01 a.m. This incident was an alcohol offense which was addressed by the on-scene officer. This call is not related to the murder investigations. For further details regarding this incident, a Moscow Police Department

I had read that. I wonder if LE noticed anything out of the ordinary since they were in the area of the crime scene at 3am. Probably not, but who knows.

I think there's a difference between what is "right" here in terms of how we all *think* people should be acting - the victims' families, surviving roommaties, friends, people cleared, etc. but the reality is we are all human and people are going to say and do what they want to, especially when emotions are heightened. I think that is where the clues lie in this, not what someone "should" or shouldn't do legally. IMO opinion it's about what is normal behavior in this type of situation if you're accused and you knew the victims. Or were accused. How would you communicate with their families, or not? Food for thought/JMO

Hear Hear!!! Agree 100%

I'm not an attorney but I did drop out of high school. ;)

Screenshot_20221205-203738_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20221205-203657_Chrome.jpg

One thing that doesn't quite add up, based on what the articles are saying (and if this has already been pointed our please remove my comment) is that the police are describing the crime scene as messy and "quite a bit of blood" yet when the surviving roommates called 911 they reported an unconscious person saying they "thought someone had passed out"

Well, if I recall correctly, a lot of people wanted to know where Murphy was when the murders occurred. Or are you thinking that there is an ulterior motive behind the release of this specific info now? I’m a tad lost here…

To me, any new info released is good. JMO

That could have been information about the crime scene that only the killer and LE knows. If they are interrogating a suspect and he let's something slip that only LE knows, LE knows they have their guy. Frankly, I'm shocked this info was released. Imo.

To be clear, this is what I said in my post:

How do we know they haven’t done everything they could to get cleared? The only responsibility they have to cooperate with to verify their alibi is LE. They don’t have responsibility to the families and they sure as heck don’t have responsibility to the media. Like the neighbor, they would be torn to shreds and their future could be ruined.

I didn’t say anything about how the victims’ families, surviving roommates or friends should react. But I will stand by opinion that no one owes the public proof of their alibi and that they should in fact not attempt to placate anyone (while fully cooperating with LE of course).
Totally. I don't think my post was stating my opinion as fact either, but it seems like some took it that way. Because it's just an opinion. Just like yours is yours! It's clear on here that people think differently, which makes it all the more interesting ;)

(JMO ;))

Last edited:
Well let’s see if my thought makes any sense before you dig deeper lol…
I’m thinking if it was a formal it would’ve been in the evening? (But maybe not?) Because if E took his sister, that could mean that E and X were separated for a chunk of time Sat evening - could they have been separated during some part of that 9pm-1:45am portion that LE is interested in?

MOO
Just asking… would a guy take his sister if he is in a relationship?

View attachment 385259View attachment 385260

One thing that doesn't quite add up, based on what the articles are saying (and if this has already been pointed our please remove my comment) is that the police are describing the crime scene as messy and "quite a bit of blood" yet when the surviving roommates called 911 they reported an unconscious person saying they "thought someone had passed out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper