ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 385259View attachment 385260

One thing that doesn't quite add up, based on what the articles are saying (and if this has already been pointed our please remove my comment) is that the police are describing the crime scene as messy and "quite a bit of blood" yet when the surviving roommates called 911 they reported an unconscious person saying they "thought someone had passed out"
That article alleges "police revealed a sixth person may have lived at the home" which is not true*, so not sure I'd trust anything else.

* I'm aware it could be considered technically accurate in a misleading, pedantic sense.

I think you're still wrong so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I take their statement of "To date we have not released any customer information to law enforcement" as pretty clear cut.

Your referenced case of Helen Prusynski was solved via GEDmatch, not 23andMe.
Hi NickoD!
Thank-you very much for your post that the case of Helen was not solved by 23&me.
Also the link you posted states "To date we have not released any customer information to law enforcement".
Very informative I did not know that before about 23&me.
Respectfully,
Thora_Jay

I've got to admit that I've never heard of a litter box trained dog.

Not exactly like a cat litter box, but....kinda sorta similar?
Several brands:

Link & description of one brand:
Deep Dear XLarge Dog Pads 30"x26", Thicker Pet Training and Puppy Pads, Super Absorbent Pee Pads for Dogs, Leak-Proof Dog Potty Training Pads for Puppies, Cats, Rabbits, Pet Pee Pads for Training

One thing that doesn't quite add up, based on what the articles are saying (and if this has already been pointed our please remove my comment) is that the police are describing the crime scene as messy and "quite a bit of blood" yet when the surviving roommates called 911 they reported an unconscious person saying they "thought someone had passed out
Since there were numerous speakers on the 911 call per LE, it is not necessarily one of the victims that was “unconscious.”

True about the lack of data on the timeline for EZ but LE probably is not willing to disclose anything about it. The killer knows the time, I betcha.

<modsnip>

Perhaps there's an important reason why we saw footage of investigators revisit the house at night most recently. There was at least 2 of them carrying sealed brown bags of evidence. They knew what to go in and get. They're been receiving test results. This is why the FBI is great to have on tough cases.

How long does it take for the FBI to get DNA results?​

Instead of days or weeks, new devices can provide DNA profiles in less than two hours. They don't require special equipment or laboratories and can analyze samples from almost any body fluid containing DNA.
The FBI's Laboratory Division uses several different methods to determine an individual's genetic profile.
How long does a DNA test take the police?
The problem with DNA is, Imo a better tool to prosecute than identify someone. I'm thinking a very small percentage of the population are in any DNA data base, voluntary or court ordered. I hope they do have DNA in this case and can maybe use that when they narrow down suspects. Imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
IAnyone else want to take this? No?

It has been discussed ad nauseam. I can go on if you want...
I am wondering if at some point the roommates and their families lives were threatened. They called friends and asked them to call 911.

If it's already been discussed don't worry about it. I'm a little late on researching this. Apologies for repeat content.
Sorry, that was rude. I can give you the Cliffs Notes:

Some think it makes no sense at all.
Some think it's likely the victims were locked in rooms and not seen, but not responding to knocks or phone calls.
Some think E was laying face-down in the hall or living room without any blood showing.
Some think the wording "unconscious" is sort of a default lingo for 911 calls.
Some think one of the surviving roommates saw a victim butchered, ran outside, and passed out.
Some think the victims were covered in a blanket or bedspread in their room and the blood wasn't seen.

I leave anybody out?

Well let’s see if my thought makes any sense before you dig deeper lol…
I’m thinking if it was a formal it would’ve been in the evening? (But maybe not?) Because if E took his sister, that could mean that E and X were separated for a chunk of time Sat evening - could they have been separated during some part of that 9pm-1:45am portion that LE is interested in?

MOO
I think the most likely explanation about E&Ks whereabouts is that they, knowing the had an empty house, went to it after hanging out at the sigma chi party so they could be alone for a little bit.

X’s father said he last heard from her around midnight and that she was at home. Which would totally track with my opinion above.

I think the bigger question would be (if the above os accurate) - where did they go when they left the house the second time, when did they leave (would have been after midnight), and why? Maybe it’s as simple as they were done with their alone time and wanted to go hang with friends again.

How long does it take for the FBI to get DNA results?​

Instead of days or weeks, new devices can provide DNA profiles in less than two hours. They don't require special equipment or laboratories and can analyze samples from almost any body fluid containing DNA.
The FBI's Laboratory Division uses several different methods to determine an individual's genetic profile.
How long does a DNA test take the police?
Yes, it only takes a few hours to determine a genetic profile.

However, let's say they used DNA to ID the victims. It would take about 2 hours.

But then they have potential DNA all over the house. They don't know who the DNA belongs to. They run and obtain a profile, and compare it to the victims known profile and DNA from other people who frequent the house and other residents and family members who have provided DNA samples.

Then you have the issue of co-mingled DNA...(DNA of two people such as the blood of two people in one spot..Heck I don't know how long that takes) (Example: if M &K died in the same bed)

Then you possibly have unknown DNA, if it exists. You obtain a profile. You run the DNA against victims, known residents, friends/family that already supplied their DNA and it may or may not match. If it does not match, then you need to determine who the DNA belongs to. It could be a friend who is not connected to the crime.

However, we don't know if they have unknown DNA.

One thing that doesn't quite add up, based on what the articles are saying (and if this has already been pointed our please remove my comment) is that the police are describing the crime scene as messy and "quite a bit of blood" yet when the surviving roommates called 911 they reported an unconscious person saying they "thought someone had passed out"
Going off LE's statement regarding the 911 call. It sounds like the surviving roommates summoned friends to the house because they believed one of the victims on the 2nd floor was passed out and not waking up. We've also been told all four were stabbed to death, which obviously would create a bloody mess. This makes me think the roommate who was believed to be passed out was not accessible to the surviving roommate and the friends that were summoned to the house.

On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor.

Sorry, that was rude. I can give you the Cliffs Notes:

Some think it makes no sense at all.
Some think it's likely the victims were locked in rooms and not seen, but not responding to knocks or phone calls.
Some think E was laying face-down in the hall or living room without any blood showing.
Some think the wording "unconscious" is sort of a default lingo for 911 calls.
Some think one of the surviving roommates saw a victim butchered, ran outside, and passed out.
Some think the victims were covered in a blanket or bedspread in their room and the blood wasn't seen.

I leave anybody out?
More detailed than my response lol

Not exactly like a cat litter box, but....kinda sorta similar?
Several brands:

Link & description of one brand:
Deep Dear XLarge Dog Pads 30"x26", Thicker Pet Training and Puppy Pads, Super Absorbent Pee Pads for Dogs, Leak-Proof Dog Potty Training Pads for Puppies, Cats, Rabbits, Pet Pee Pads for Training
Dog that size doesn’t pee in the house unless it’s not trained just my experience in my opinion

If a guy takes his sister, I don't see why it matters if he has a relationship or not. Siblings going to dances together isn't that much of a big deal.
Especially when the formal wasn't being hosted by his girlfriend's sorority. His sister belonged to Kappa Alpha Theta, and Xana belonged to Pi Beta Phi. If his sister doesn't have anyone to take her to her own sorority's event, it would make a lot of sense for him to accompany her.

I keep going back to the beginning.
The dog and the fact that neighbors do not hear strange noises coming from that house at 3 a.m.
The dog must have been in a closed room. It may not bark at strangers but Goldendoodles bark and cry-- especially if they sense their loved ones are hurt. The dog confined from 3a.m. to noon-- is going to make noise. I hear my neighbors dogs and I live a distance from them.

My fear is that the downstairs" tenants and their families lives were threatened by the assailant. (S)
We all like to generalize about how we think a dog will react based on our own canine experiences.

However, I recently saw an older Dateline or something where a crated dog very bonded to his person did nothing - no whining, no barking, no attacking, nothing - while she had the life choked out of her right in front of her beloved dog.

Dogs are individuals. Food for thought & JMHO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantum-Dark