ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idaho murders: Kaylee Goncalves' father believes suspect 'chose to go' upstairs to potentially target victims

“..he doesn’t need to go upstairs”

If the killer’s entrance and exit is on the 2nd floor, and the 2nd Floor was where Ethan and Xana were, that would imply that either Ethan or Xana were the target.

I think it implies the opposite. If he were merely looking for killing thrills, he would have be satiated on the second floor.

The person or persons he sought were therefore not on the second floor - he felt compelled to go upstairs. Why? Because he knew or thought he knew one or both of those persons and wanted to kill them (therefore inflicting more injuries on K, according to SG).

There was no need to go upstairs unless a particular victim was sought or more victims were sought (if the perp didn't know there was a downstairs, that could explain something - simply wanting more victims, which is a rare trait in a killer).

Since one of the upstairs victims has more wounds (apparently), it's not odd that LE or others were convinced that perhaps someone upstairs was targeted - although LE seems to have walked that back.

The only reason the killer needed to go upstairs is to kill someone upstairs.

But, it is possible Murphy was placed in that room by the perpetrator(s) before OR after the murders were committed.

Consider these possibilities:
- Before the murders, perpetrator(s) remove Murphy from the house temporarily (either into the yard or into a parked car - could even be a car of one of the residents of the home. Could be crated or not.). After the murders, perpetrator(s) return Murphy into the house and lock him in a room so he will not discover and alert anyone to the murders while the perpetrator(s) are still nearby. Murphy is subsequently found by LE when they search the home.
- Before going to bed for the night, one of the victims places Murphy into a room. He sleeps through the night (or if he awakens during the murders, he doesn’t bark or at least doesn’t bark loud enough to awaken the first floor residents). He is subsequently found by LE as they search the home.

In either case, I’d expect Murphy to bark or scratch to go out to potty long before noon, which sounds like the earliest time LE might have discovered him in the home. Perhaps Murphy was litter-box trained, so could relieve that need in the room he was in.
I've got to admit that I've never heard of a litter box trained dog.

View attachment 385259View attachment 385260

One thing that doesn't quite add up, based on what the articles are saying (and if this has already been pointed our please remove my comment) is that the police are describing the crime scene as messy and "quite a bit of blood" yet when the surviving roommates called 911 they reported an unconscious person saying they "thought someone had passed out"

I wonder if they couldn't see the actual Deceased roommates because they were behind locked doors?

One thing that doesn't quite add up, based on what the articles are saying (and if this has already been pointed our please remove my comment) is that the police are describing the crime scene as messy and "quite a bit of blood" yet when the surviving roommates called 911 they reported an unconscious person saying they "thought someone had passed out"
Anyone else want to take this? No?

It has been discussed ad nauseam. I can go on if you want...

I'm not sure I would feel like the public is sufficiently appeased when you google your name and there are numerous posts every day about your whereabouts, social media presence (or not), and speculation that you're the perp. I would google around outside of websleuths a bit and you'll see that it's not been sufficiently addressed LOL
It is never a good policy to rely on just one source for your news.

LE did a nice job on the news release. The most interesting thing to me today is what’s missing. Still nothing on Ethan and Xana from 9ish to 2ish. What was the incident at the fraternity? My sense is they have spoken with multiple people and are still interviewing others to compare details. Also, asking for more info. Building that airtight case.

True about the lack of data on the timeline for EZ but LE probably is not willing to disclose anything about it. The killer knows the time, I betcha.
They have got to be sure…especially with the circus that is building around this case.

<modsnip>

<modsnip - quoted post was snipped>

Perhaps there's an important reason why we saw footage of investigators revisit the house at night most recently. There was at least 2 of them carrying sealed brown bags of evidence. They knew what to go in and get. They're been receiving test results. This is why the FBI is great to have on tough cases.

How long does it take for the FBI to get DNA results?​

Instead of days or weeks, new devices can provide DNA profiles in less than two hours. They don't require special equipment or laboratories and can analyze samples from almost any body fluid containing DNA.
The FBI's Laboratory Division uses several different methods to determine an individual's genetic profile.
How long does a DNA test take the police?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is never a good policy to rely on just one source for your news.
Good thing I don't ;)

In all seriousness, who is talking about the news? My original post that I believe you're referencing was talking about various social media and forums discussing this case (i.e. more than one)

Next of kin can obtain a copy of an autopsy.

I believe he was saying he paid for her funeral and it was his right to share the information he wants to. Which sadly is probably why LE isn't sharing much with them. JMO
LE almost always never releases autopsies during an active investigation. Imo.

View attachment 385259View attachment 385260

I don’t think the “passed out” or “unconscious person” has much to do with the case. But I AM curious as to how the roommates walking into the scene played out - just for my own curiosity.

Could they not get to X&E because the door was locked?
Was one of them part way out of the door and on the floor?
Did they (or anyone with them) go up to the 3rd floor or just call 911 as soon as they saw body/couldn’t get to E&X?

Again, just curious - I don’t think it affects the case much one way or another.

They can't obtain DNA without probable cause and perhaps even a warrant, both of which are pretty high bars.

It really isn't a right to privacy as much as it is a 5th Amendment right, which is fundamental. A successful PR campaign by authorities (and media) over the last 50 years that it somehow implies guilt doesn't negate that absolute right. Anyone, innocent or not, shouldn't talk to police without an attorney present, and they certainly shouldn't be volunteering personal identifiers for a stored, collective law enforcement database.

The whole "if you had nothing to hide, you would do it" mantra is absurd.

My opinion.
I can obtain your DNA and fingerprints legally by following you around and picking up your used cup at Starbucks after you finish your coffee.
This is what investigators can do if a person does not cooperate.
Are your fingerprints and saliva on that cup and straw your private property? Yes unless you throw it away. So, don’t touch a thing, don’t drink a thing and take all of your hairs and skin cells with you as once you leave them behind or toss them into the trash they become public property.

I’ve never been asked to go to the police station for questioning, so I’m not sure what I would do in this situation. I do know how easy DNA can be collected, so trying to outsmart LE is a losing battle.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member